[Sprite] Doom Movie Rifle

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

[Sprite] Doom Movie Rifle

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

As you all know, there was the Doom movie, and it wasn't that good.
Anyway, I was browsing through the Skulltag forums and found this little gem:

The original thread can be found here: http://www.skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic ... 60&t=24812

I didn't make this sprite, and I know it's just a single frame, but I could contact the author if necessary for permission to use this sprite, although I am sure he gave permission for free use of this sprite.

So, any thoughts?

EDIT: It's likely the author did give out permission to use this, so I've decided to leave this unhanded in case anybody wants to use it.
Last edited by Hellstorm Archon on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynamo

Re: [Sprite] Doom Movie Rifle

Post by Dynamo »

It looks really simplistic and way too dark to be honest, I can't see any details (although this monitor isn't particularly bright)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I like it. I suppose the front of the gun is a bit shadowed, but otherwise it looks pretty sweet.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

The Doom movie was a complete four-letter organic waste (sh*t), I can tell you - good thing I did not waste a nickel on that piece of crud. To tell the honest, there is only ONE worse movie than the Doom-movie - the Vanilia Sky.

Your work, however, is very admirable and extremely good :) I would give a five on Realm-667 for it - you earned it.

May I have a question for ya, folks? If I want to create a weapon all by meself for ZDoom or ZHexen, what should be the adequate height and width for the weapon usage frames, including firing and reloading sequence? And what should be the pickup sprite's height and width? So far, I created stuff for Wolf3D mods, where 64×64 was the maximum, but this ought to be a little bit different.

Oh yea...I want to create a Prism rifle, which shall be an angled weapon, just like this one. Keep this in mind.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

The maximum is whatever the maximum the format is without it exploding.

The size thing is more on a base-by-base basis. Just make sure that not too much of the screen is being covered and make sure it doesn't look rediculously big.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Got it :) I wonder if it's OK to use another similar image as a template (e.g a frame from Autogun's firing animation from Realm-667), I can do the rest of that with MSPaint.

Do I need to worry about palettes and colour mismatches? Keep in mind we're talking about ZDoom and ZHexen here, not the "old" Doom with its tiny-winy little colour-palette.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Just use PNGs. ZDoom supports true color on HUD elements, and even if weapons aren't included in that it'll still automatch to the closest possible color.
kaos_2211

Post by kaos_2211 »

cool
Mgmt: User was warned for this post.

Return to “Resources”