[Resources] Terminator: Skynet

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
CruX

[Resources] Terminator: Skynet

Post by CruX »

Did all of the screenshot rips from Skynet that I'm willing to do, so I'll be reposting what's in the Spriting Carnival thread, as well as the new stuff, here. I'm pretty sure I've gotten all of the weapons ripped, except for the grenade launcher, one of the plasma weapons, and some radar thing that serves no immediately identifiable purpose. Unless someone specifically requests them, I'm not going to bother with it because they're pretty fugly and just not worth the effort.

Lead Pipe

Uzi

Assault Rifle

Shotgun

Machine Gun Contraption ...seriously, what's this thing even supposed to be?

Bazooka

Plasma Pistol

Scoped Plasma Rifle

...Another Plasma Rifle

Plasma Cannon

Also, thanks to Renegado, I'm able to view/extract many (possibly all) of the game's textures and decorative sprites. The next four posts will have some of those sprites (what I figured would really be useful) attached. None of this stuff has been adjusted for any specific game's pallet. Sorry if the way I'm uploading seems cumbersome, but I've heard that DRD's account creation is acting screwy, and I'd prefer not to upload this stuff to some site where its link'll be dead within a month...
Attachments
DeadRavers.zip
Corpses that are found inside a club
(11.08 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
DeadCivillians.zip
Corpses found in general areas
(75.46 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
ArmorHealthPickups.zip
Armor and Health pickups
(16.2 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
CruX

Re: [Resources] Terminator: Skynet

Post by CruX »

It's tough to tell whether or not the game's textures would be useful for Doom or DN3D. Some of them are okay, but they all look pretty saturated, and I'm not so sure I'd be willing to mess around with them. Kind of hoping someone else who has the game'll be willing to do that.
Attachments
Fixtures2.zip
Decorative window display stuff.
(43.48 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Fixtures1.zip
Indoor decorative stuff. Mostly suspended lights and barrels.
(47.2 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Disco.zip
Disco Dancers...yeah, I don't know either.
(57.8 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
CruX

Post by CruX »

...So, I have to put something in these message boxes, but I'm starting to run out of stuff to talk about...
Attachments
WeaponAmmoPickups1.zip
Pickup sprites for weapons and ammo. It mostly seems to be bullet-type weapons
(19.48 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Rubbel2.zip
Another set of rubble sprites, mostly bonfire stuff.
(37.6 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Rubbel1.zip
Random rubble sprites, which I totally misspelled in the filename. Oops.
(25.17 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
CruX

Post by CruX »

...I made a hangtown fry the other day. It's been nearly six years, but I can still make one helluva omelet.
Attachments
WeaponAmmoPickups2.zip
Another set of pickup sprites for weapons and ammo, mostly laser type weapons
(9.46 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

That machine gun contraption comes quite handy for me. :D
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Everything is so shiny. :P
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Loved that UZI. A good option for those like me, that can no longer stand the ShadowWarrior over-used Uzi.
HellCattX

Post by HellCattX »

That machine gun "contraption" is a M2 browning Machine gun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Browning

How on earth your able to walk around with one of those is beyond me...
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Awesome stuff! I actually tried ripping these a long time ago, but being screenshot rips at 320 x 240 resolution, they came out too small to be useful.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I too made screenshot rips of these weapons a long, long time ago. I was cetainly the first to do so. I managed to rip every single weapon with every single frame (or so i thought) included, i've noticed that you've missed a couple of frames here and there but some frames i didn't know existed. Anyhow, i did it back when I was using Windows 98 so I could run the game naturally and as such I got nice 640x480 screen rips with proper pallette, i do have the versions with the Doom pallette but I do not know if I still have the originals laying around. Good job, being looking forwards to this as the Terminator games are a pain in the ass to rip. Any chance of the sounds?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

HellCattX wrote:How on earth your able to walk around with one of those is beyond me...
Well, considering that doomguy holds a chainsaw, shotguns, rocket launcher, bfg9000, 100 rockets, 100 shotgun shells, 600 bullets, 600 cells, etc.,
I think he could easily handle a one :P
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

I just noticed though, one of the plasma weapons is missing. It was another one-handed plasma weapon that was big and box-like.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Yes.

There is two laser weapons: Laser Rifle and Phased Laser and three plasma weapons: Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle and Plasma Cannon. Also there is a Grenade Launcher and one frame of the Cannon is missing. I used to play these games back in the day. Future Shock was kind of a bore but Terminator: SkyNet was heaps better but unfortunaly riddled with nasty game-crashing bugs.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

CeeJay wrote:Yes.

There is two laser weapons: Laser Rifle and Phased Laser and three plasma weapons: Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle and Plasma Cannon. Also there is a Grenade Launcher and one frame of the Cannon is missing. I used to play these games back in the day. Future Shock was kind of a bore but Terminator: SkyNet was heaps better but unfortunaly riddled with nasty game-crashing bugs.
Bugs? In my Bethseda game? It's more likely than you think :P

But yeah, I forgot all about the grenade launcher, that was the other thing that's missing.
Nonetheless, these are still great rips!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

If you absolutely need the grenade launcher, I have a (doom-palette, doom-hands) rip of it in ww-bsni.wad as well as one of the Mixed Tape mods (can't remember which), where I hacked together my own flash and pump-action frames for it. It won't be as pretty as a proper rip, but if you're desperate for your Terminator grenade launcher fix, that might be the best source you can get.

Return to “Resources”