Unloved II [BETA1 released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BlueEagle

Re: [WIP] Unloved II

Post by BlueEagle »

I just reached 100 subs on YouTube and to celebrate, I made a little sneak peek of the town in Unloved2. Watch in fullscreen if it seems too dark!

amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

HNNNG WHY MUST YOU TEASE US SO

Seriously, that looks really awesome. :mrgreen:
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Very tense town, I must say! Reminds of left 4 dead 1 areas. The only thing that buggers me, that it's a bit... more dead than it should for me. I mean, could you add some ambient sounds to it, like howling winds, buzzing street lights, dog howls in a distance or something, a sound of moving chain with that leg hanging, etc?
BlueEagle

Post by BlueEagle »

Thanks guys!
The town will not be as dead when you play it ;)

The town is not the hub btw even if this video makes it look like it could be. I just thought the town is a very interesting place to show, because in the screenshots it didn't come across that good.
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

NIce so far but I have a few suggestions...

Maybe you can make the town more atmospheric maybe you can delete the Silent Hill music and just add howling wind, or maybe you can add rain, creating ominous feel of "should I press on further" and also a feeling that make explore the environment more slowly and trending carefully (much like the beginning of Happy Time Circus more so in the first one). Maybe you can add fire sounds to the trashcan fire.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Seconded on rain, and I already noted on that ambient sounds. Still, it should stay with the music as it is!
BlueEagle

Re: Unloved II [BETA1 released]

Post by BlueEagle »

BETA 1 released. First post changed.

download: http://www.gungirl2.com/stuff/unloved2beta1.pk3

NOTE: THIS IS A BETA!! Not all areas are accessable/fleshed out yet! About 50% of playtime finished. When you get the Red Skull Key it basically ends there, the rest is unfinished. No real ending yet. If you don't want anything spoiled until the final version, do not download this beta. You have been warned ;)

Also: Please give me feedback about what you liked or what you didn't like. All sorts of crits&comments are welcome!

Play it in the dark ;)

Have fun!
Salad Viking

Post by Salad Viking »

:surprise:
Unfortunately, I cannot possibly bring myself to spoil what's to come... someone, please test this! I want to see it released!
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

I just played it for a couple of minutes and I found two issues so far.
Spoiler:
PFL

Post by PFL »

From the town video, excellent music, excellent built; the two don't match imo. A chill downtempo love mood for a such nightmare place... YOU NEED to put screams in there and tortured souls. Winds and related stuff. And reserve this music for you getting back with your girlfriend :-)
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

i just got 2 minor crits

1: the music in the first area you go to feels a bit unfitting. Its more industrial, like it'd fit some sort of hell factory, and the 1st area aint anything but that

2: sometimes, while the lighting is superb, it gets to dark that its actually a bit of a strain on the eyes to play
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

I completed the whole thing (I guess) and found more issues.
Spoiler: Warning screenshots inside
Spoiler:
You did a great job here, sir, and I'm looking forward to play the final version.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Salad Viking wrote::surprise:
Unfortunately, I cannot possibly bring myself to spoil what's to come... someone, please test this! I want to see it released!
I have to agree with this. I definitely will not download it. Damn, even if it takes a couple years, I'd rather play the thing finished :P
BlueEagle

Post by BlueEagle »

chronoteeth wrote:i just got 2 minor crits

1: the music in the first area you go to feels a bit unfitting. Its more industrial, like it'd fit some sort of hell factory, and the 1st area aint anything but that

2: sometimes, while the lighting is superb, it gets to dark that its actually a bit of a strain on the eyes to play
1. I was struggling with the music in Rusted Nails. I'm open for suggestions :D
2. Thanks. I would certainly appreciate if you could be more precise on those locations and I will see if I can add a little bit more light to those regions.
Blue Shadow wrote:I completed the whole thing (I guess) and found more issues.
Spoiler: Warning screenshots inside
Spoiler:
You did a great job here, sir, and I'm looking forward to play the final version.
Spoiler:
Thanks for the compliment and I hope the finished thing will be not too far away in the future :)
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Thats the thing: the whole mod is actually like that. the dark moody setting sometimes is just too dark. Maybe at least around the candles make it brighter?

Return to “Levels”