Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hitmanx

Re: [Beta] Weasel Presents: NAZIS (wwhc-ana)

Post by hitmanx »

Oh you know how i feel about goldeneye reloads, but anything from weasel is bound to be good. :)
Estopolis

Post by Estopolis »

Well after playing through Epic 2 with this mod, I have a couple of issues. Minor ones.

The Klein-Nebelwerfer is a good weapon, but when fired the recoil happens first and then the rocket comes out. Takes awhile to get used to, especially when fired in rapid succession.
The Pyrolight's alternate fire is a good shot, but the explosion radius is rather small. Which makes hitting the Icon of Sin in general a very long and slow process.
The Klein-Nebelwerfer also has a blast radius that's relatively small, so it takes quite a lot of shots to take down Romero.

The other issue is the Mancubus replacement.
Kind of makes areas crowded with Mancubi a huge problem since the replacement has such a fast rate of fire.
The last level of Epic 2 pretty much showed that when you get surrounded by like eight of them.

But those issues aside, I like the mod quite a lot.
bwc153

Post by bwc153 »

That issue with Recoil first THEN projectile comes out also happens with the Gewehr 1943.

Also - speaking about that... the perfectionist in me is annoyed by this. Why is the Gewehr 1943 using an M1 Garand as the sprite?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

bwc153 wrote:That issue with Recoil first THEN projectile comes out also happens with the Gewehr 1943.
Noted. I'll fix as soon as I get started on it today.
Also - speaking about that... the perfectionist in me is annoyed by this. Why is the Gewehr 1943 using an M1 Garand as the sprite?
Because I don't actually have a Gewehr 43 sprite. (Go ahead, ask me about the P-38 too! =P)
Estopolis wrote:The Klein-Nebelwerfer is a good weapon, but when fired the recoil happens first and then the rocket comes out. Takes awhile to get used to, especially when fired in rapid succession.
Already fixed, will be in the next release version.
The Pyrolight's alternate fire is a good shot, but the explosion radius is rather small. Which makes hitting the Icon of Sin in general a very long and slow process.
I could probably stand to expand the blast radius on it, maybe.
The Klein-Nebelwerfer also has a blast radius that's relatively small, so it takes quite a lot of shots to take down Romero.
Would it make a difference for this if I were to leave the blast radius the same, but increase the splash damage?
The other issue is the Mancubus replacement.
Kind of makes areas crowded with Mancubi a huge problem since the replacement has such a fast rate of fire.
The last level of Epic 2 pretty much showed that when you get surrounded by like eight of them.

But those issues aside, I like the mod quite a lot.
I should really either nerf or replace those guys. They're irritating.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... hc-ana.pk3 - Updated the mod today.

Changes:
- Enemy mini-rocket damage has been nerfed.
- Keys now have colored tags on the pickup sprites, and are now colored to match Doom locks on the status bar.
- Gewehr 43 now has proper graphics.
- Fixed projectile offsets for Death Knight, Miniship, and all chaingun-wielding bosses.
- Shotgun now replaces the shotgun. Gewehr 43 takes the Chainsaw slot and is also dropped by Riflemen.
- Many bug fixes, thanks to the forumers for the help finding some of these.
E.C.S

Post by E.C.S »

Just in time to play it. Thanks WW.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Ooh, this is pretty damn cool. Tough, but it's still fun to play. I just played this with Phobos: Anomaly Reborn. By the way, the Gewehr 43 pickup sprite had some purple pixels around the buttstock. I just fixed it for ya.
purple pixels gone
purple pixels gone
M1GPA0.png (4 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Oh, snap! This is great stuff, somehow. Need to play with it a bit more, but it's looking good thus far. :)

Also, you've reminded me that I really need to get a better rip of that Necrodome "minigun" thing. I had the gamma correction up too high when I did it way back when. :(
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

lizardcommando wrote:Ooh, this is pretty damn cool. Tough, but it's still fun to play. I just played this with Phobos: Anomaly Reborn. By the way, the Gewehr 43 pickup sprite had some purple pixels around the buttstock. I just fixed it for ya.
M1GPA0.png
Oops. Fixed, thanks. =P
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

One things been bugging me more than it should have: The 7.92mm stripper clip pickup look nothing like 7.92mm bullet or a stripper clip. I've made a sprite for it.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

TheDarkArchon wrote:One things been bugging me more than it should have: The 7.92mm stripper clip pickup look nothing like 7.92mm bullet or a stripper clip. I've made a sprite for it.
Added. =P
Estopolis

Post by Estopolis »

Increasing the actual splash damage of the Klein-Nebelwerfer would fix the problem against the Icon of Sin I think.
It was a bit hard trying to adjust the aim while using those rockets that didn't hurt very much, but since you fixed the recoil issue a tiny bit of damage would probably be more than enough.

After playing the most recent version, I can't really see any problems with it right now.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Random poll question: should I try to make "real" reload animations for the weapons, i.e. more than just dropping them off screen and playing a generic sound? I'd try to keep them fast and simple, though, since slowing down the reloads would make the game harder than it needs to be.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Fast and simple works for me. :)
Vict

Post by Vict »

There doesn't need to be long, complex reload animations.

Though I'd like to see more like the .357. I'm not a fan of the Goldeneye-style reloading but adding a little more feedback and sound when reloading a weapon would make a huge difference.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”