[ON HOLD] Pokémon DOOM: Titanium

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mancubus

Re: [ON HOLD] Pokémon DOOM: Titanium

Post by mancubus »

2 things:

1: I'm failing at trying to catch a pokedemon, I've tried everything and can't catch anything.

2: If you want starter ideas, I can't really think about much, but if your ok with using enemies from realm 667, you should probobly browse through the enemies there. It's hard to find grass and water creatures for doom, but you should have no problem with fire.
mallo

Post by mallo »

When beta with full laptop will come out?
Big C

Post by Big C »

..."Full laptop"...?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Big C wrote:..."Full laptop"...?
I'd imagine mallo is referring to the PokéLaptop feature in-game, that currently only allows you to buy/sell inventory items, while the other features like trade passwords and PC Box storage are disabled at the moment.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Oooooh, okay. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver, ya see. I musta missed something.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Big C wrote:Oooooh, okay. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver, ya see. I musta missed something.
Fun Fact: none of the official Pokemon games have the Laptop in them. So obviously you haven't played much of this mod either. =P
Big C

Post by Big C »

Evidently I have not! :P

I usually tend to play betas more than alphas.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

mancubus wrote:I'm failing at trying to catch a pokedemon, I've tried everything and can't catch anything.
For some creatures, you have to get its health very, very low in order to catch it reliably. Also, remember that there are different classes of Pokeball; stronger balls work better at capturing stronger monsters. In the worst case, you may need to utilize the "capture beam" that Secondary Fire launches; this is normally used to return captured 'mons to their ball, but when used against non-captured 'mons, it has the possibility of stunning them and doing a tiny bit of damage. It can be hard to aim, however; you would expect to aim at the center of the enemy to get it to hit, but you often need to fire it at them a good bit to the right or left in order for it to connect.

This trick is also good to use when you've only got a really weak 'mon and need to level him up; stun enemies to keep them from attacking.

And regarding the PokeLaptop; is there any way to increase the mouse speed? I'd do it myself if I knew how.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

amv2k9 wrote:And regarding the PokeLaptop; is there any way to increase the mouse speed? I'd do it myself if I knew how.
Mouse sensitivity is something I didn't quite implement just yet, it's going to be part of the settings screen along with sound volume, music on/off switch, background switch, etc. when I get around to it.

Also re capturing: You need to make sure the ball you have selected is not already owned by a monster. If you have an imp selected, the ball you throw is connected to the imp already, so throwing it while said imp is out will not do anything. Currently if you have a full party of six and you want to catch another one, you'll need to give up one. When the PC storage is properly working however, I'll add a 7th slot that can only be used to capture and will force captured 'mons to be sent directly to the storage bin.
mallo

Post by mallo »

Why there is PKMNCNTR map? Is this for mappers? If it is for mappers, i can't open it in doom builder :(
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

The Pokémon Center map is going to be a post-intermission map that you'll be able to visit at the end of each chapter to heal up your Pokémon fully and buy special items that won't appear in the laptop's item store.

It's not for mappers, the project was designed to work with normal DOOM II maps and BOOM-compatible maps. If you want to look at it however (It's in a very unfinished state right now), or you can visit the map in ZDoom using the console command "Map PKMNCNTR". You'll need Doom Builder 2 at least if you want to poke at it in an editor.
mallo

Post by mallo »

I used Doom Builder 2 and i cant open it with any configuration...

PS. This map is great!
Darkforce002

Post by Darkforce002 »

this might sound dumb but, how do you open a .wad7 file?
because I want to see the acs and the decorate files so I can
make another wad with extra monsters to capture and battle with?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Darkforce002 wrote:this might sound dumb but, how do you open a .wad7 file?
because I want to see the acs and the decorate files so I can
make another wad with extra monsters to capture and battle with?
As far as I've been told, "wad7" is merely a renamed 7-zip archive - if you have 7-zip or WinRAR installed, you can open it with either of those.
Darkforce002

Post by Darkforce002 »

I have winrar so Ill check that out, thanks

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”