The Monster Resource Wad

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Carnevil

Post by Carnevil »

Lexus Alyus wrote:I complertely recoloured and made those sprite mesen :D. You can use em in Skulltag if ye want.

:twisted:
Ah, cool. I figured you just took Skulltag's and then applied your own alterations.

Anyway, nice job :)

Curunir: rofl :lol:
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Hey, Carn. You haven't responded to my EMail yet. Are you still going to be using THOSE sprite for IT?
Carnevil

Post by Carnevil »

TheDarkArchon wrote:Hey, Carn. You haven't responded to my EMail yet. Are you still going to be using THOSE sprite for IT?
Did you send me another one? If you did I haven't seen it yet (I'm at school right now). To answer the question I think you're asking, I will be using putting your Hectebus sprites to good use :) We're just working on making a new fireball for it. Once we have that, it will be pretty much done.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

No i didn't send another one. I just didn't get a response to the first one. Thanks for the reply anyway.
Carnevil

Post by Carnevil »

TheDarkArchon wrote:No i didn't send another one. I just didn't get a response to the first one. Thanks for the reply anyway.
Oh, man bad. Guess I just forgot to respond with everything that's going on. Anyway, yeah. There you have it :) As your title says, "The Hectebus is go!"
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

:thumb:
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I think the hectobus should have like 4 arms... just a simple recolouration is not satisfactory IMO. When I heard the name Hectobus I thought it woud have like 6 or 8 arms... that would be cool :).

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Lexus Alyus wrote:I think the hectobus should have like 4 arms... just a simple recolouration is not satisfactory IMO.
Yes, I think you are right. Not necessarily just for this monster, but as a general principle. We are getting a lot of monsters that are simply re-coloured. That's fine, hey even id did it with the Hell Knight, but I think we are reaching saturation point. A little bit of actual editing and changing of how the monsters look I think is in order.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Enjay wrote:but I think we are reaching saturation point.

Indeed. That's why there won't be any more additions that are just simple recolorings. I need one afternoon to clean up and test the most recent additions but after that I'd say let's close this project and move on. If someone wants to do more monsters better start a new project instead of bloating the old one indefinitely. Right now I'd be more interested in seeing other stuff: destructible decorations, for example!
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Lexus Alyus wrote:I think the hectobus should have like 4 arms... just a simple recolouration is not satisfactory IMO. When I heard the name Hectobus I thought it woud have like 6 or 8 arms... that would be cool :).

8 ARMS!!! And Graf had rejected it from the monster WAD for being overpowered as it stands. Besides, wouldn't it look a little ridiculous to fight a monster with 6 or 8 arms.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Overpowered in terms of attacking too often, not because of having too many weapons. Although an 8-armed monster with a gun in each one of them would be ridiculous.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Hect implies 6. For 8 limbs, it would be an Octebus.

Korax had a ton of arms. Did he look rediculous? (Actually.... yeah, he kind of did)
Last edited by Risen on Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

You could certainly have such a monster with 8 different weapons and have them choose a random attack each time they fire. That wouldn't be overpowered and could be very cool.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Risen wrote:Hect implies 6. For 8 limbs, it would be an Octebus.

Korax had a ton of arms. Did he look rediculous? (Actually.... yeah, he kind of did)
On the same logic, "Man" must mean 2 and "Hect" would mean he would have 7 arms (It would be a "Hexebus" if it was 6). The number doesn't have to mean anything, just like a Mazda RX-8 doesn't have 8 HP, goes at 8 MPH, goes to 8 miles/gallon, etc.

Bear in mind I didn't make the name up.
fwank44

ok i'm clueless...

Post by fwank44 »

but how i can see those monsters?i mean how i can load them in zdoom?i tried to drag n' drop method with the monsterdemo.wad and all the monsters were !.please help

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”