[Request] Caleb Sound Pack

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheAdmantArchvile

[Request] Caleb Sound Pack

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

I'm looking for a sound pack that contain's all of Caleb's quips/remarks from Blood 1 and 2. I'm doing this for several reasons:
1)Doom: I'm making a custom Caleb skin. I have the sprites. I just need the voice.
2)Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker: How do the words Metal gear Caleb sound to you?
3)Fallout New Vegas: I'm making a companion based on Caleb. Not for good people, though.

Anything will help.
CeeJay

Re: [Request] Caleb Sound Pack

Post by CeeJay »

Or you could use XWE or GFE and extract all the voice files yourself from the game. I've always done things pretty much myself since when I started i did not have Internet or a very good computer for that matter, hell, i didn't even have a soundcard at first. I had to learn with a lot of trial and error and not to mention a lot of patience and endurance. I would recomend that you learn to do such things yourself, you can ask people how to go about doing the task but you probably should do the work yourself otherwise it just makes it far too easy. It feels much more as an acclompishment for you by doing as much of the work you can yourself. That's my thought anyways.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Transfusion has all of the sounds cataloged; it may be easier to get it from there (the sounds are the same if I recall).
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

I'm not too sure XWE/GFE have Blood capabilities.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It comes with a Blood palette

Captain Awesome

Yeah, but that's for the art which is exactly like Duke 3D. Blood's sounds are packed in a strange proprietary format. XWE can play most of the sounds, but their pitches are usually wrong.
Last edited by Captain Awesome on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

True, but it indicates that XWE can read Blood files.

[edit] and indeed it can:
Spoiler:
Captain Awesome

I edited my post right as you posted. Heheheh. It also appears to be missing a few sounds here and there.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Heh.

I had a closer look at the files and every one I tested worked but there were also a bunch that had odd file names and looks as if they may not have been read properly. I don't know my way around sounds.rff well enough to say which ones are not working. I used to know the file quite well but I've forgotten most of it.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

The pitch is probably wrong because the sample rates vary so much, and they might be harder for XWE to detect. Not sure what kind of headers they have, if any.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Did you miss my above post, perchance? Go download the Quake-based Blood remake, Transfusion, as that contains all of the Caleb voices, and the PAK files are easier to extract.
Captain Awesome

NeuralStunner wrote:The pitch is probably wrong because the sample rates vary so much, and they might be harder for XWE to detect. Not sure what kind of headers they have, if any.
They're all raw sounds, and there is a separate file (.SFX) which defines various things about the sound. They did this so that they could use one sample to define multiple different sounds from it.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Is there not also a pretty complete Zdoom Blood TC that might have the sounds?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

http://www.transfusion-game.com/files.php - Here. If this isn't obvious enough, I dunno what is!

Return to “Requests”