[WIP] Endless Strife V11 (update 20-06-12)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ChronoSeth

[WIP] Endless Strife V11 (update 20-06-12)

Post by ChronoSeth »

The aim of the mod is to "improve" upon Strife's gameplay, without stretching too far from the ideas in the original game. Multiple enemies have been enhanced, but so have your weapons.
Spoiler: Weapon Changes
Spoiler: Enemy Changes
Spoiler: Skill Levels
Spoiler: Known Bugs/Issues
Spoiler: Changelog
Download (DRDTeam File Host) : Endless Strife V11 (requires GZDoom r1307 or newer)
Last edited by ChronoSeth on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 22 times in total.
amv2k9

Re: Just Another Strife Mod

Post by amv2k9 »

Sounds neat! I'll have to give this a try later.

Now if we just had more Strife maps to play these mods on :)
Salad Viking

Post by Salad Viking »

What do you mean another Strife mod? :P

Seriously though. Are there any Strife mods out there besides this? Well anyways, I like seeing that some people play the game. Also, it's good that you thought to actually improve some of the balance flaws in the game. I'm sure it will be oodles of fun now.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Salad Viking wrote:What do you mean another Strife mod? :P

Seriously though. Are there any Strife mods out there besides this?
Two that I can think of that are pure gameplay mods - my own "Strife Needs A God Damned Mod" and Weapons of Ruin. Also remember the ZDoom-specific Strife map, A World In Strife.
Akira_98

Post by Akira_98 »

There's also Return of the Jedi Order. Khorus is working on Strife: Absolute Order. Who knows, maybe there's something Strife-related being developed in the shadows somewhere...
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Yeah well I happen to have 2 Strife DM maps on my HD that I made, never bothered to release it without making more maps for it first though.
FDARI

Post by FDARI »

My default program for Doom is the Official release ZDoom.
This project uses [wiki]A_SetScale[/wiki](float scaleX[, float scaleY]) (development version r3000+ only), which is no problem at all for me, but worth noting. SVN-only features are in use.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Bah, I forgot about some things I changed. Editing first post...
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Woo double-post.
I've fixed most of the known bugs. Download updated on first post.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Salad Viking wrote:What do you mean another Strife mod? :P Seriously though. Are there any Strife mods out there besides this?
wildweasel wrote:Two that I can think of that are pure gameplay mods - my own "Strife Needs A God Damned Mod" and Weapons of Ruin. Also remember the ZDoom-specific Strife map, A World In Strife.
And Mikk-'s Strife++, and Echo Path (I think that was the name of it, can't remember the author), though the latter is in limbo.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

The secondary of the assault gun is useless, because if you tap the primary of the assault gun it produces the same effect but at a faster rate.

The flamethrower skips a frame after letting go of the trigger; oh and what is the point of its alt fire?

Also, can you make the punch dagger faster?
FDARI

Post by FDARI »

About your known issue: Getting new crossbow in conversation also gives you oririnal crossbow:

Code: Select all

Actor NewStrifeCrossbow : StrifeCrossbow Replaces StrifeCrossbow
{
	ConversationID 194
	Tag "Crossbow (Electric)"
	Weapon.SisterWeapon "NewStrifeCrossbow2"
}

Actor NewStrifeCrossbow2 : StrifeCrossbow2 Replaces StrifeCrossbow2
{
	Tag "Crossbow (Poison)"
	Weapon.SisterWeapon "StrifeCrossbow"
}
Conversation gives NewStrifeCrossbow. Link to sisterweapon NewStrifeCrossbow2. Link to sisterweapon StrifeCrossbow. Link to sisterweapon StrifeCrossbow2.

So just put "new" before the second sister-weapon?
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

FDARI wrote:Conversation gives NewStrifeCrossbow. Link to sisterweapon NewStrifeCrossbow2. Link to sisterweapon StrifeCrossbow. Link to sisterweapon StrifeCrossbow2.

So just put "new" before the second sister-weapon?
*facepalm*
That explains a lot...
SamVision wrote:The secondary of the assault gun is useless, because if you tap the primary of the assault gun it produces the same effect but at a faster rate.
I personally don't find it "useless", I'm pretty sure you can damage things more quickly using the alt-fire. I guess I can tweak it a bit though.
SamVision wrote:The flamethrower skips a frame after letting go of the trigger; oh and what is the point of its alt fire?
First: That's a fluke I never fixed. I keep forgetting about that...
Second: The alt-fire really isn't that useful. I'm not sure what I had in mind, but what it does is spray a volley of flame projectiles at a doubled ROF. It's pretty well guaranteed to spawn phosphorus fire.
SamVision wrote:Also, can you make the punch dagger faster?
I'm not sure if I can beef it any more; it already does two A_JabDagger attacks when only one would normally be present. I'm going to make its attack a bit different anyway.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

ChronoSeth wrote:I'm not sure if I can beef it any more; it already does two A_JabDagger attacks when only one would normally be present. I'm going to make its attack a bit different anyway.
If you're short on ideas for the PunchDagger, maybe you could try that "backstab" version FDARI made?
bwc153

Post by bwc153 »

ChronoSeth wrote:
FDARI wrote:
SamVision wrote:The secondary of the assault gun is useless, because if you tap the primary of the assault gun it produces the same effect but at a faster rate.
I personally don't find it "useless", I'm pretty sure you can damage things more quickly using the alt-fire. I guess I can tweak it a bit though.
I think its rather fine... if anything I thought fully-auto seemed a bit TOO effective in comparison to burst mode when you had 100 accuracy near the end of the game.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”