Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ChronoSeth

Re: Brutal Doom v0.9b

Post by ChronoSeth »

And how is that any worse than the blood and gore flying everywhere? :P
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

And I thought Mutiny Mod 2.0 fulfilled all of my gory Doomish needs. Bloody brilliant work (pun intended)!
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

re: chainsaw blood
i think that instead of magically vanishing right before your eyes after a while, the blood should only disappear when you switch to a different weapon, and having it become clean "off screen".
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ethril wrote:re: chainsaw blood
i think that instead of magically vanishing right before your eyes after a while, the blood should only disappear when you switch to a different weapon, and having it become clean "off screen".
Whose mod was it that had the windshield wiper effect? That should be implemented here, too.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

Ethril wrote:re: chainsaw blood
Doesn't it do that already? Maybe I haven't seen since I switch weapons fairly quickly or continue chainsawing...

By the way, LOVE the new player deaths for Imps, Demons, Barons, and HellKnights. First time I got killed by a Baron, I had no idea what was going on, then I noticed he was ripping me in half... epic (in the game, of course :lol:).
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

I found a couple of bugs:
In the console, when you summon a monster (for example: summon mancubus), sometimes they disappear.
And also, while your chainsaw is clean, and a monster attacks you, there is suddenly blood all over your chainsaw.
When you use god mode and chainsaw a monster there is no blood on it (not that use god mode, i just thought you might want to know about it).
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

This mod is bloody brilliant. (Pun intended.) But I seem to have to set the mod's specific controls everytime I start GZDoom. The reload, taunt, and kick. Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but are assault rifles and shotguns meant to give only half of what it says in the GUNSGUNS file? I'm no modder, but I know how to tweak guns a little bit. For the shotgun, I noticed "Weapon.AmmoGive2" was "4," like default Doom, but I was only receiving two shells. So I changed it to "8", and then I started getting 4.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Xanirus wrote:I don't know if this is intentional, but are assault rifles and shotguns meant to give only half of what it says in the GUNSGUNS file? I'm no modder, but I know how to tweak guns a little bit. For the shotgun, I noticed "Weapon.AmmoGive2" was "4," like default Doom, but I was only receiving two shells. So I changed it to "8", and then I started getting 4.
If the weapon is taken from an enemy, you will get half the amount specified by Weapon.AmmoGive, however, if it is put there by the mapper, then you will get the same amount specified.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Bug report time!

When I use the offhand kick attack while using the chaingun, it makes the chaingun sound when it connects, instead of the bootkick sound.

Also, this mod is SO VERY FUN to play epic.wad with.
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

So am I the only one having to keybind reload, taunt, and kick everytime I start up the game or is everyone having this?

Also, I know it's "Brutal," but how much life does the new Spiderdemon have? I was playing D2EXTREME.wad, on Ultra Violence, and I encountered a Spiderdemon behind a fake wall. The Spiderdemon was trapped in a small room, and sitting right on top of a red key. The only place where I could safely shoot BFG shots at him was through the fake wall, or else risk shooting him very up close from the side in a very small and narrow corridor, where mis-aiming would blow my head off with BFG shots or rockets.

I know I was hurting him, I could hear him roar, but I shot off about 8 BFG shots and about 50 rockets....and he still wasn't dead. Was the level design causing the problem, like the fake walls or something blocking the shot radius, or does he really have a lot of life? I ended up having to cheat since he was guarding a key. The only thing I could do without giving myself more ammo was god mode, clip into him, unclip, pull out my chainsaw and rip him from the inside.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

In order to kill the Demolisher, you have to aim for her brain. Which can be quite a pain in tight spaces, even moreso if she's behind a fake wall.

Some things I noticed:
Both the Cacodemon and the Mancubus fatalities won't show up. They just dissapear, adding to your kill count while doing so.
The Mancubus dissapears after the last frame shows up while gibbing him.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Doomhuntress wrote:Cacodemon and the Mancubus fatalities won't show up. They just dissapear, adding to your kill count while doing so.
The Mancubus dissapears after the last frame shows up while gibbing him.
On 'Dead Simple', I killed one of the mancubuses with the berserk (I think it was the last one remained), because I wanted to see the fatality but he disappered and the walls didn't lower to reveal the arachnotrons. So I was stuck.
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

Doomhuntress wrote:In order to kill the Demolisher, you have to aim for her brain. Which can be quite a pain in tight spaces, even moreso if she's behind a fake wall.
Ahhh, ok. Now I get it.

Sooooo anyone have the above key binding problems?
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I got 'em.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Thanks for the comments. I'm working to fix up everything repported here.

@Zombieguy: yes, I will polish bullet casing stuff. Thanks for your suggestion. SSG already has an alt-fire, and iron sights for Shotgun sounds pretty useless.
The chainsaw getting bloody when attacked, this will only happen if a monster bleed too close of you. The way I managed to make the chainsaw blood, is the same I used to make blood splash in the screen when you fire too close a monster. This is a colateral effect, but only happens in few rare cases.

@ChronoSeth: Smoke would rip more framerate than blood, because a bunch of sprites spawned near the camera will always consume more performance than hundreds of blood sprites that are not so close.

@Ethril: I like your suggestion.

@Xanirus: The Mastermind got 8000 health. But maybe its something with the level design.

@Doomhuntress: I'm working to fix it all. Thanks.

About the binding problems, it happened to me, not only with BrutalDoom, but with many other mods (including xxx-mercenaries, and beautiful doom). When it happens with me, I just delete my config file, and reconfigure the whole thing, and everything works fine again. I think it's more an engine bug than the mod itself.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”