[Playerclass] Playable Doom monsters

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

[Playerclass] Playable Doom monsters

Post by Rachael »

This is taken directly from my Monster Deathmatch mod. I am releasing it to the Doom community in hopes that someone might find it useful. All that I ask is credit be given to me in the project - any project may use it, or parts of it, as long as I am mentioned somewhere in the credits.

These monster classes should be usable without modifications, and they can be used as actual player classes, or by using ACS or Decorate morph functions. Players can be turned into these creatures offensively or through powerups. It's up to you, really. :)

You might have to note that every version of these monsters is slightly faster than their AI counterparts, and most likely slightly more powerful. I've tried to keep them as close as possible, but variation was inevitable.
playable-monsters.pk3
Code
(11.51 KiB) Downloaded 7559 times
monstertest.pk3
Monster Test Map (requires playable-monsters.pk3)
(5.23 KiB) Downloaded 4008 times
Last edited by Rachael on Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SnakeEater
Location: Raiding your stash so I can grab your shotgun, and blow your head off.

Re: [Playerclass] Playable Doom monsters

Post by SnakeEater »

I can't tell you how many times I've seen these same kind of mods. You probably didn't know so we can leave it at that.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

SnakeEater wrote:I can't tell you how many times I've seen these same kind of mods. You probably didn't know so we can leave it at that.
Wow.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

SnakeEater wrote:I can't tell you how many times I've seen these same kind of mods. You probably didn't know so we can leave it at that.
link plz.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

And you are...?

@SP: I think this would attract a bit more attention if there was a test map or something to showcase the new classes. That way they can be seen more easily without having to hack a map up just to take a look.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Xaser wrote:@SP: I think this would attract a bit more attention if there was a test map or something to showcase the new classes. That way they can be seen more easily without having to hack a map up just to take a look.
I'll see about making one later, then.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

I'd like to note that the speeds are incorrect. The player's base (walking) speed is 10, not 8, since he runs as fast as the rockets which have a speed of 20.

Although that has very little to do with anything since you gave the imp a speed of 0.25 which is incorrect either way. :P
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

The speed formula has to be something like this:

(monster's "Speed" property) / (duration of one "See" frame) * (player modifier value)

The player modifier value is based on multiplying it by 1.0, which would be the player's full speed by default.

I still haven't figured out a very precise player modifier value, but the first two values are taken right from the monster's definition in the pk3. I may have gotten some values wrong, but I really need to figure out what to make the player modifier value before I can fix them all.
Recurracy

Post by Recurracy »

Does this have an Archvile player?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

It has all the classic Doom monsters, so yes.
Caleb13

Post by Caleb13 »

Is there some way how to morph the player into monster in a map other than the "monstertest"? Can I use some console command for that? Or, is there some other, more user-friendly mod that can morph the player into monster? Thanks.

And yes, I know this thread is 2 years old. I just look for this type of mod.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Well done, two year bump. :P

Anyway, the console command you're looking for is MorphMe <Morph Class>
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I have seen these kind of mods before, but most of them suck, as in they are a WORTHLESS WASTE OF TIME :x . This one is actually pretty decent.
Caleb13

Post by Caleb13 »

Unfortunately, I always get "morph failed" in the console. I guess this is because the monsters are not defined as a Morph Class in this mod. Well, nevermind.

By any chance, do you know any other similar mod? Could you provide link? Thanks.
cq75
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cq75 »

I'm glad this got bumped, I had fun mesing around on it.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”