[Update] Marathon [A Doom Gameplay mod]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Update] Marathon [A Doom Gameplay mod]

Post by wildweasel »

TwelveEyes wrote:Unfortunately, the file with the music is too big for drdteam to host. I'll upload it to another file sharing site though.
Register an account first.
TwelveEyes

Post by TwelveEyes »

wildweasel wrote:Register an account first.
I already have an account at DRDTeam. Apparently the file size limit is 75mb and the mod with music is 92mb, 17mb over the limit. I've uploaded the version of the mod with music to MediaFire instead.
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

Perhaps you should split it into two packs? The main wad, and then the music wad as an optional download. Kinda like the psx doom tc. Hell, using pk3s might be a good idea if you're going to reorganize everything.
TwelveEyes

Post by TwelveEyes »

Sodahollic wrote:Perhaps you should split it into two packs? The main wad, and then the music wad as an optional download. Kinda like the psx doom tc. Hell, using pk3s might be a good idea if you're going to reorganize everything.
Instead of splitting it into two PK3s, I could just use the music from the first Marathon instead of the custom Marathon music I'm using now. Marathon's music files are much smaller than the music files I'm using now, although of poorer quality. They do give a more nostalgic Marathon experience though.
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

That would be pretty cool! Do you think you could use the original midis instead of aleph one's soundfont rendered ones? The reason I ask is just for people who would rather use their own soundfont and save hardisk space using midis because they're smaller than the prerendered ones.
TwelveEyes

Post by TwelveEyes »

Alright, I've added a version of the mod that uses the original Marathon MIDI music files in addition to the two previous versions. Enjoy.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I know there hasn't been any update to this thread for quite a while but i only recently discovered this.

I like this idea but i would like to point out that the weapons are not very well alligned, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKmlEK6p ... re=related it is also a Marathon mod i began working on long ago and because of my perfectionism i spend a long time getting the weapon properly alligned to match the originals. I never made it as far as doing enemies 'cos my life was kinda hectic around that time.
TwelveEyes

Post by TwelveEyes »

I was actually planning on updating this eventually. My aim is to eventually have all the different classes of enemy types present in the mod, I just don't have the time to do that until the end of this semester.

About the single pistol alignment, unfortunately it cannot be centered because of how the dual pistol weapon is coded. The shotgun flip I could never seem to get quite right, so I just settled for what is in the mod currently.
caco_killer

Post by caco_killer »

I tried this out yesterday, and it's pretty cool, but I have some suggestions.

-Bobs do not always drop ammo like they are supposed to when killed.
-There's not enough ammo in the levels. The Marathon games teleported ammo into the levels.
- You should implement recharge stations. The current system makes taking damage extremely punishing. The armor potions are few and far between. All the armor potions give the same amount of armor as well.
bgraybr

Post by bgraybr »

Not exactly on topic, but what's the name of the level/wad in the first screenshot?
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

I may be wrong but some of the screenshots look like they're from Equinox.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

CKeen wrote:I may be wrong but some of the screenshots look like they're from Equinox.
Yep, right on that one.
Blaskowitz

Post by Blaskowitz »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- The link is dead.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Blaskowitz wrote:FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- The link is dead.
Yeah, I just stumble across this mod. And I'm already to download (was even gonna get the MP3 one too) but DRD Team appears to be down.

But this looks really awesome though.
bgraybr

Post by bgraybr »

CKeen wrote:I may be wrong but some of the screenshots look like they're from Equinox.
The first screenshot definitely isn't.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”