Doom64 - ArchVile, Chaingunner, Revenant

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Onslaught Six

Re: Doom64 - ArchVile, Chaingunner, Revenant

Post by Onslaught Six »

Slasher wrote:What I wanna see is sprites of the revenent without armor. Instead of having armor I'd like to see just the bare bones skeleton. (yes, bad pun)
If the model they used for the sprites is to be believed, he never had "armour," just two launchers on top of his shoulders. And I guess they added the armour later.

Check out that one monster Eriance made, though, it works with this concept.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

The Death Incarnate? That's a cool one but it's different than the revenant.
poop87

Post by poop87 »

So, Captain Toenail. I'm a fan of your work.
Last edited by poop87 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
poop87

Post by poop87 »

CaptainToenail wrote:I wonder what these monsters would have looked like if they were included in Doom64, I know that they were cut out for cartridge space so they must have existed in concept sketches or something at some time, any ideas?
Here, I whooped up a sprite for the Doom 64 chaingunner. Sorry, guys no full set. http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8713/spose1.png
Salad Viking

Post by Salad Viking »

• Please, look at the dates before posting next time.
  • Learn2EditButton
  • It's "whipped up", not "whooped up".
  • That sprite's not bad. Is that based off of the D64 zombies?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I'm fairly certain that I've seen that sprite before, and it was made by someone else entirely.
Flynn Taggart

Post by Flynn Taggart »

Yeah, it was made by me. It was just a lazy edit, made him bald in mspaint, colorized in gimp, and then tacked on the original chaingun and the blood on the pants.

And the "no full sets" phrase was from the spriting carnival thread because It is hard for me to make detailed sprites. I'm not an expert.

I also made an improved Shotgun guy in the spriting thread, too. Here are both of the Shotgun guy and Heavy Weapon Guy pictures in case someone wants to make a sprite set off of them. If you do, make sure to give credit for original sprite base.
Image Image
Last edited by Flynn Taggart on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phi108

Post by phi108 »

Footman also did a chaingunner, a red player zombie with edits:
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hmm, I'd love to see/attempt a full set of the shotgun guy. It always did bother me that there was no visual difference at all between the two zombies in 64.
Flynn Taggart

Post by Flynn Taggart »

Xaser wrote:Hmm, I'd love to see/attempt a full set of the shotgun guy. It always did bother me that there was no visual difference at all between the two zombies in 64.
There was a small difference. It was that the shotgun guy's clothes were a little more desaturated.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Pretty hard to see the difference when all levels in Doom 64 are so bloody dark.
Xim

Post by Xim »

So let me get this straight poop87, you bump a very old topic to post a sprite that somebody else did and claim it as your own?

Anyways, It would be really cool to at least get a full sprite set of the chaingunner.
poop87

Post by poop87 »

Xim wrote:So let me get this straight poop87, you bump a very old topic to post a sprite that somebody else did and claim it as your own?

Anyways, It would be really cool to at least get a full sprite set of the chaingunner.
Yeah, the sprite was made by Flynn Taggart, so you better give him some credit. And also it wouldn't be cool if he made a full set, it'd be fuckin' badass!
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

poop87 wrote:Yeah, the sprite was made by Flynn Taggart, so you better give him some credit.
Just like you gave him some credit when you posted his work like it was yours and made no mention of him, eh?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

This is why I am such a huge proponent of credit where credit is due. If I post something someone else made, I make damn sure people are aware who made it so I am not given undue credit. Even still, I see people borrowing things from Diaz and crediting me instead of the real authors, even though I have an extremely exhaustive list of credits available.

Return to “General”