REAL Co-Oppers

Talk about multiplayer ZDoom games here.
Forum rules
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Very well then. I assumed this forum had a bit more activity so judging by its position I hadn't thought it would've been much older than a week, tops...
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

If anyone wants coop that badly then you get call of duty. But oh how it's hard to stop playing zdoom *sniff* I can't do it
Biff

Post by Biff »

Vaecrius wrote:Very well then. I assumed this forum had a bit more activity so judging by its position I hadn't thought it would've been much older than a week, tops...
Well, you woke us up! :)
About voice communications during games, we've used Roger Wilco very successfully for internet games, including zdoom, zdaemon and Unreal Tournament. It doesn't affect any game music or sounds, at least on our computers which all have good sound cards.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Ultraviolet wrote:I suppose some kind of short-lived decal launcher for MP would be good. You could point, use what you've got bound to the command, and the decal would fire like a hitscan weapon. Actually, it might be best if this was a sprite so it could be used on other sprites.

Its behaviour should be such that it it is silent, doesn't wake monsters, flashes to fullbright and then dies. You could flash by pressing the button you've got bound to it several times to get the attention of somebody who is a bit slow. :-P
See the command: Spray.
plausiblesarge

Re: REAL Co-Oppers

Post by plausiblesarge »

For a challenge, me and a friend usually play Survival Coop from skulltag, and set it to 1 life. That way, when you die, you die. This is to prevent the major flaw in almost every coop game to date, where the players eventually start throwing themselves at the enemy and slowly wearing them down, rather than actually trying to play the game.
Marinelol

Post by Marinelol »

yep skulltag survival mode is really what you want.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Wow, a seven years bump.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Two for two on the epic-old thread bumps. You're on a roll, plausiblesarge. =P

Return to “Networking”