Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Scuba Steve

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.6

Post by Scuba Steve »

The ending Star Destroyer fight went on for way too long... I wasn't sure if it was supposed to take that long or if it had just screwed up.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Project Dark Fox wrote:The Bounty system is a little funky. All you have to do is shoot a specific type and you get to claim your prize. Well, I got the Imperial snow trooper. Every single one I killed was worth a Bounty credit.
That's the way it works.
LilWhiteMouse wrote: Tweaked bounties to work better across the random enemy types. Seeing as some enemies (snowtroopers) are a lot more common then others (imperial captains), bounties were unbalanced. To compensate, your first bounty is worth 16 credits. It halves for each additional bounty. So after the fourth bounty, they're only worth 1 credit each.
Scuba Steve wrote:The ending Star Destroyer fight went on for way too long... I wasn't sure if it was supposed to take that long or if it had just screwed up.
It's actually random. I'll see about fixing the release rates of the Y-Wings.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:
Project Dark Fox wrote:The Bounty system is a little funky. All you have to do is shoot a specific type and you get to claim your prize. Well, I got the Imperial snow trooper. Every single one I killed was worth a Bounty credit.
That's the way it works.
LilWhiteMouse wrote: Tweaked bounties to work better across the random enemy types. Seeing as some enemies (snowtroopers) are a lot more common then others (imperial captains), bounties were unbalanced. To compensate, your first bounty is worth 16 credits. It halves for each additional bounty. So after the fourth bounty, they're only worth 1 credit each.
Ohhhh, okay. I'm sorry. Still, it's kind of weird that you get credit for EVERY possible snow trooper you take down. I guess because mooks are mooks, and it doesn't matter who it is in the long run? :P
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

It's not perfect by any means, but given the random nature of things, seemed the best compromise without doing obscene amounts of work for a peripheral feature.

[EDIT] For the time being, settled on the name Flash Cannon for the scatter blaster. It's a canon term, but doesn't seem to refer to a specific weapon.
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

Maybe I missed this memo also, but I can't seem to figure out how to throw grenades now that the key's been made separate? I didn't see a keybind option in the menu.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

EksFaktr wrote:Maybe I missed this memo also, but I can't seem to figure out how to throw grenades now that the key's been made separate? I didn't see a keybind option in the menu.
Toss grenades by holding the 'USE' button when pressing 'FIRE'.

[EDIT] In the final space battle, a special Y-Wing is released about every 10 to 20 seconds, and is invulnerable until it fires it's first shot.
Tweaked the Alliance Bonus to give 15 health instead of 25, but also gives 15 shields now.
Fixed a design flaw on map107 (AT-AT Assault) that finished the map without destroying the AT-AT, preventing you from getting the Alliance Award.
Revamped Map 24 (TIE Refueling platform) with a new puzzle.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Double posting. Would anyone care to have the option to disable auto-reloading, seeing as there's already an optional force reload key?
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:Double posting. Would anyone care to have the option to disable auto-reloading, seeing as there's already an optional force reload key?
I don't mind it auto-reloading and really fail to see why someone would want it to NOT autoreload. Who walks around with a 0-loaded gun with available mags to reload with?
FDARI

Post by FDARI »

About reloading: In other mods I have emptied a gun, and been cruelly murdered whilst auto-reloading when I would have preferred whipping up my trusted sidearm (pistol) and emptying that as well. In those situations, reloading can wait till you're alone. If the reload action can be safely aborted by a weapon's change, this ceases to be an issue.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Project Dark Fox wrote:
LilWhiteMouse wrote:Double posting. Would anyone care to have the option to disable auto-reloading, seeing as there's already an optional force reload key?
I don't mind it auto-reloading and really fail to see why someone would want it to NOT autoreload. Who walks around with a 0-loaded gun with available mags to reload with?
I do, actually. I feel a strange kind of satisfaction running around with my gun empty and then reload it when say, I'm on a elevator.
But I'm an weird person, so meh. :P
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Puzzle items, keys, and misc other items are now true inventory and show up on an inventory bar on the expanded hud. They're not used from there, it's just to show you what you have. Like the weapon list, it only appears on the expanded hud. With the keys now showing up in the inventory, the grenade counter has been moved to right cluster with the other ammo counters. Credits and holocrons are inventory listing only as well now. Bounties will be moved eventually as well.
Added the option to disable auto reloading. Both it, and the snow toggle are now accessible via an options room at Chibi Base (same as HQuest), instead of having to manually give yourself items in the console. The options room is across from the med room, can't miss it.
[EDIT] Fixed a bug where the Heavy Rifle got taken away at the detention center and never given back.
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

Not trying to turn this into the Strategy Guide Of The Game, but has anybody determined if it's actually possible to defeat the UberJawa? Maybe I've just not been patient enough, but it seems like you should be able to deflect the junk it throws at you with something, and I have no idea how one would do it without destroying the junk.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

EksFaktr wrote:has anybody determined if it's actually possible to defeat the UberJawa?
Beat her, yes. KO her, no. Both the Shamaness and Mydia simply flee when defeated.

[EDIT] Sensor pack now reveals monster and item counts as well as secrets.
I intend to change the Range finder tomarrow. My intent is have alt-fire toggle the zoom view, then use fire to launch an airstrike. The weapon won't be taken away even if you don't have any airstrikes left.
Above done. I also fixed it so if the airstrike fails to spawn, you don't lose the airstrike.
Replaced the old crude E-11 with a new one.
Reduced the damage of the boss DarkTrooper's missiles by half.
Increased the starting pistol energy from 50 to 75.
Increased the number of airstrikes you can carry to 3.
Altered the Universal Energy Cell. Gives 10% of your currently selected weapon's ammo with the exception of the Flash Cannon and Range Finder. If you weapon is full, gives 10 points to your shield.
The Dawnsorrow can now be used against light droids.
I'll try and upload 5.7 tonight. Switching to an inventory bar introduced a lot of bugs. I've fixed all the ones I've found, but I'm sure there's more to find.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.7

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Syfo-Dyas

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.7

Post by Syfo-Dyas »

Oh ya, I remember that now, I totally forgot about it!

Thankx for the reminder, pages are now book marked!

Nice touch btw, it reminds me of those little miniature Star Wars figures that you can buy at Wal-Mart.

I

Return to “Gameplay Mods”