FPS games to rip from?

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Reactor

FPS games to rip from?

Post by Reactor »

I just found three adequate games which has some great weapon graphics, but I was not able to rip them yet. Maybe you shall have more luck. If anybody knows these games, they should give it a try, as some weapon sprites are truly amazing...at least in my opinion. Let me show you these 3 games:

1) America's 10 most wanted

Also known as "Fugitive hunter", it was developed around 2003, and is an extremely rare game. I've tried the game myself (got it from StroggDC). Sad to say, but it's only mediocre. While it has several remarkable features, the gameplay is quite monotonous, the storyline is poor, and some features are quite hard to stomach...it's like an arcade gameroom game, but overall, not a terribly bad one. As I saw, it uses .EFS files.

2) Sztálin Subway 2

Avoid playing this game at ALL costs. It's unfair, impossibly hard, the storyline is a huge pile of turd, basically this game is just a poor copy of the third game, You Are Empty. It has, however, nice weaponz graphics, which you might fancy ripping off. Do not make any mistakes trying out this game however,as I did...you're going to REPENT it. Rip it, and then forget it.

3) You Are Empty

This game has a lot of thought and work put in it, and is bashed unfairly at several game sites just because it is a Russian-made game, not American. You Are Empty, however, is pretty good, playable, and even loveable. I wouldn't say this is a "non plus ultra" game, but is decent and enjoyable as well. I made an unofficial sound correction pack years ago for it, which is still available. Anywayz, You Are Empty also has several nice weapon sprites, plus lot of static object sprites and such. It stores its data in PAK files mostly, so it's relatively easy to rip it.
Attachments
You Are Empty
You Are Empty
YAE.jpg (33.76 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
Sztálin Subway 2
Sztálin Subway 2
SztalinSubway.jpg (24.13 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
America's 10 most wanted - War on Terror (Fugitive Hunter)
America's 10 most wanted - War on Terror (Fugitive Hunter)
Americas10.jpg (8.34 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
DBThanatos

Re: FPS games to rip from?

Post by DBThanatos »

Reactor wrote:2) Sztálin Subway 2

Avoid playing this game at ALL costs. It's unfair, impossibly hard, the storyline is a huge pile of turd, basically this game is just a poor copy of the third game, You Are Empty. It has, however, nice weaponz graphics, which you might fancy ripping off. Do not make any mistakes trying out this game however,as I did...you're going to REPENT it. Rip it, and then forget it
You lost me there. The 2nd game is the copy of the 3rd? Something doesnt make sense here.
Xim

Post by Xim »

DBThanatos wrote:
You lost me there. The 2nd game is the copy of the 3rd? Something doesnt make sense here.
Sztálin Subway 2 is a copy of You Are Empty.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Xim wrote:
DBThanatos wrote:
Sztálin Subway 2 is a copy of You Are Empty.
Ah so, instead of
basically this game is just a poor copy of the third game, You Are Empty.
he meant something like
basically this game is just a poor copy of "You Are Empty 3".
or similar?

Because otherwise I'd think the games numeration (usually) represent the chronological order of the game releases, and that "the third game" confuses me when seeing "Sztálin Subway 2".

Really, Im not getting it! :P
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Nah, the order I was telling about the games has nothing to do with the development date chronology :) You Are Empty was released in 2007, whilst Sztálin Subway 2 was released after two years or so. I'm not sure whether or not Sztálin Subway 2 uses the same engine as You Are Empty, but it rips off almost everywhere.

And the funniest part? There is no Sztálin in the game whatsoever, and the whole "subway" theme consists ONE level, where it rips off You Are Empty again.
rollingcrow
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by rollingcrow »

The weapon in Sztálin Subway 2 screenshot looks like they took it from Red Orchestra.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

No surprises here :) After the whole concept and gameplay is ripped away from You Are Empty, the game makes no problem out of stealing from other games. I don't know Red Orchestra, but as you name it, it must be LIGHTYEARS better than Sztálin Subway 2.

Seriously, that game is pure sh*t! One of my very good friends have created a two-parter gameplay video-review, uploaded on Youtube. I can show you, if you're interested (he also reviewed America's 10 most wanted as well, it is a three-parter). He speaks Hungarian, so I strongly doubt you'd understand anything he says, but the images...they say it ALL.

Sztálin Subway 2 is a horribly bad game, it's only acceptable to rip from. The statement "what comes around, comes around" should be true by doing this :D
pieceofpiesoftware

Post by pieceofpiesoftware »

You should have mentioned Liquidator 1&2
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

pieceofpiesoftware wrote:You should have mentioned Liquidator 1&2
Did anyone even figure out why XWE doesn't support the first one?

I managed to open it with SLADE but... it doesn't have good support for build engine graphics yet (:() and... I can't seem to get the palette right either.
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

I was going to rip the original Liquidator, but the problem is that all the weapons are like 20x too big. The graphics for them are actually really huge and quite hideous... very blurry and whatnot. I also couldn't seem to find the enemies, and the ones I did find were monochrome green which didn't seem right.
pieceofpiesoftware

CKeen wrote:
pieceofpiesoftware wrote:You should have mentioned Liquidator 1&2
Did anyone even figure out why XWE doesn't support the first one?.
Just need to rename the art lumps to TILES00*.ART etc, and you can open and view them like you do with Duke Nukem 3D graphics.
Zero X. Diamond wrote:I was going to rip the original Liquidator, but the problem is that all the weapons are like 20x too big. The graphics for them are actually really huge and quite hideous... very blurry and whatnot. I also couldn't seem to find the enemies, and the ones I did find were monochrome green which didn't seem right.
Theres a screwed up Shadow Warrior uzi too.. and yeah proberly due to translations.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I don't seem to know this Liquidator, but I may give it a try if its any useful...
pieceofpiesoftware

Reactor wrote:I don't seem to know this Liquidator, but I may give it a try if its any useful...
Russian FPS game, ripping off Duke Nukem 3D, the sequal could a been alot better if it wasn't an exact replica of the first one just amped up graphics :roll: .
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Well just in case someone wants it or is curious, Diodeus gave me a zip containing all graphics from the game.

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... idator.zip

Also, what about Osarium?

Return to “Resources”