Global Death Ruins of Humanity-----FINISHED---Try It Out!!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Unholypimpin

Re: (WIP) Global Death 2

Post by Unholypimpin »

ChronoSeth wrote:I'm able to do some testing if you want. I could use a break from C&C...
thanks ill add you to the contributers on the first post. imma have anoter beta ready in 2 days.
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Re: (WIP) Global Death 2(NEED TESTERS)

Post by Darsycho »

I like the idea of how you can go to different maps and get different endings.

Good stuff. :thumb:
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

The_afrit wrote:I like the idea of how you can go to different maps and get different endings.

Good stuff. :thumb:
Ya there will be 2 or 3 differant end maps for this wad, all with their own boss.

heres some update screenshots
Spoiler:
H3llraich

Post by H3llraich »

Hi, it's me, MFG38. This H3llraich nickname is just for my Doom projects.

So, I may have just the time to playtest the wad. Just inform me later once you're about done and keep me updated.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

thx man, i can use all the testers i can get. Your added to the list of contributers in the first topic!

I should have another beta ready for testing tomorrow. It will include 4 maps a few new guns title map and music.
H3llraich

Re: (WIP) Global Death2(NEED TESTERS)

Post by H3llraich »

Kay.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

heres some fixes iv been doing as of late.
==================================
-added exit indicators at all exits now, so players know where the map ends and another begins.
-nerfed Nightmare imps now they do less damage
-removed plasma marines and nerfed shotgun marines and buffed chaingun marines.
-friendly marines now have 150 hp but a 100% pain chance
-the Hornet nolonger shoots many minirockets but now it fires a single smaller rocket that does less damage than a normal rocket but fires twice as fast.
==================================

added a new inventory item which now replaces friendly marines trapped in secrets. now in all secrets that held marines will now hold homing beacons.
-homing beacons are an inventory item that you can use whenever. basically how they work is when you use em it places a homing beacon on the floor which unpacks itself and goes online and after 8 seconds the homing beacon will either summon a friendly marine to fight by your side or some ammo.

heres some screenshots of the homing beacon(i used the sprites off torms site, however i edited the sprite by adding additional frames to give the beacon animation)
Spoiler:
homing beacons only have a 1 time use, however you can carry up to 15 of them at a time
H3llraich

Post by H3llraich »

Interesting.
Unholypimpin

Re: (WIP) GlobalDeath(NEED TESTERS)

Post by Unholypimpin »

i shall release this wad in episodes pretty much. episode 1 will be earth, tech maps. episode 2 will be a mix between hell earth and void. episode 3 will be strickly hell maps. Each episode will have 9 maps

There will be multiple endings in this wad. Not all the endings in this wad will be good, like having the hero getting killed by demons!

now for a few screenshots.(update 2 extra screenshots)
Spoiler:
some screenshots of map07 unholy conversion
Spoiler:
episode 1 is 40% done
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Most new weapons/monsters/pickups look really bad and noobish.The map layout seems good.I think this mod could have benefited more from a good spriter,or maybe just from only using the original resources.
EDIT:Why the fuck did you disable the cheats?Some of us like having fun,y'know?
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

KILLER2 wrote:Most new weapons/monsters/pickups look really bad and noobish.The map layout seems good.I think this mod could have benefited more from a good spriter,or maybe just from only using the original resources.
EDIT:Why the cake did you disable the cheats?Some of us like having fun,y'know?
Ah you played my original wad, yes in that one the sprites and monsters were pretty bad save for a select few. Back when i made the original wad i just learned you could actually mod doom!!. The reason i put up that link is because i wanted people to see how and why i wanted to improve it, cuz remember this mod im making now is a complete remake of the one you played.

No need to tell me how noobish a wad i made like 6 years ago is cuz i already know :lol: , the only thing i like about it now is some of the map layouts are intresting and fun. I can assure you the remake of this will be 20 times better , which is why i made this thread.

Anyways imma remove the first link because some people are getting confused thinking its the actual wad im making atm, when its not!
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

Looks interesting~ I would be interested in testing and giving some feedback~ C:
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

AlwaysDoomed wrote:
KILLER2 wrote:Most new weapons/monsters/pickups look really bad and noobish.The map layout seems good.I think this mod could have benefited more from a good spriter,or maybe just from only using the original resources.
EDIT:Why the cake did you disable the cheats?Some of us like having fun,y'know?
Ah you played my original wad, yes in that one the sprites and monsters were pretty bad save for a select few. Back when i made the original wad i just learned you could actually mod doom!!. The reason i put up that link is because i wanted people to see how and why i wanted to improve it, cuz remember this mod im making now is a complete remake of the one you played.

No need to tell me how noobish a wad i made like 6 years ago is cuz i already know :lol: , the only thing i like about it now is some of the map layouts are intresting and fun. I can assure you the remake of this will be 20 times better , which is why i made this thread.

Anyways imma remove the first link because some people are getting confused thinking its the actual wad im making atm, when its not!
Oops...sorry about that then.Will check the actual wad (if you have it posted,that is).
EDIT:I see you have a site,but how do I actually download the demo?
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

You have to register on the site so you can get into the global death thread to download the file. if you do deside to do this please give your feedback, doesnt matter where you post the feedback(rather zdoom forums or my site).

Were you wanting to become a tester or you just wanted to give the wad a spin?
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

AlwaysDoomed wrote:You have to register on the site so you can get into the global death thread to download the file. if you do deside to do this please give your feedback, doesnt matter where you post the feedback(rather zdoom forums or my site).

Were you wanting to become a tester or you just wanted to give the wad a spin?
Well,mostly give the wad a spin.But I can post feedback if you want.

Return to “Levels”