[Release] SD3TII (no updates 01/03/12)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
rollingcrow
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] SD3TII

Post by rollingcrow »

Bugs - Pressing (BUTTON) for the Soul Cube and flashlight doesn't work.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Works for me. Did you configure the controls with Take II's new options? or are you using the old buttons?
rollingcrow

Post by rollingcrow »

Yes I did that. But instead, I just bound buttons to "Use DBTDoom3Flashlight and soulcube" in the console.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

What version of gzdoom? which files are you using? Last time I checked, there was no issue on those controls (the ones in the very top of the "configure controls" menu)

EDIT: tested with gzdoom r1152 and both buttons work.
rollingcrow

Post by rollingcrow »

Well now I realize that I somehow missed the options on the top.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Se7eNytes wrote:Well now I realize that I somehow missed the options on the top.
Heh, then I guess the big warning in the controls menu does pass unnoticed. Maybe if I make it yellow instead :P

Anyway, the version Im finishing "compiling" is a "properly organized in a pk3 structure" file (thanks goes to major cooke for doing big part of this), which completely removes all what's unnecesary from the original mod. That is taking away the old keys definitions to have only the new ones added by TakeII, removing dozens of scripts that were running all the time for no practical reason for Take II, unneeded/redundant/hackish decorate code (from both, the original and Take II's). The scripts cleaning also helps a bit on the performance, since the engine is no longer checking every 3 tics for all that stuff which it shouldnt (unless very specific criteria is met).

Also, the pk3 structure grants less issues of space allocation (or something). And, thanks to certain optimizations, we managed to reduce it from the 180(superd3mod.pk3)+8.65(SD3TII.pk3)mb, to 163mb total.

Overall, performance-wise is doing better. Im still hunting errors due to the whole reorganization, but shouldnt be long before I release it.

EDIT: This is what I meant at "or something"
Graf Zahl wrote:Now, if you have some background processes running that behave badly and also allocate large amounts of address space (not memory!) you'll quickly reach the point where it no longer works.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Well. This was uploaded on december 22nd 2010, as unlisted, working as an easter egg you could find through the mod. Now is old, and nobody ever found it. So, just for the fun of it.

Yeah, this is what one gets when messing with all the files and trying to put some order around.

Ironic, isnt it?
That's when I started to fix all the structure of the files, and somehow, I dont really know how, the files got mighty corrupted. And then the weapon graphics ended being replaced by monster graphics, and as you can see, zombiemen were shotguns. Well, it f*cked my files, but it was amusing.

Now, not too long ago I was asked about the status of this mod. I dont think is worth to actually re-release it (see post above for specifics of the work that was done to it), since doomero already (last year, or could I say 2 years ago if it was in dec 2010?) released another version of the core mod.
Captain Proof

Re: [Release] SD3TII (no updates 01/03/12)

Post by Captain Proof »

I keep getting this
Spoiler:
even after downloading the newest release of SD3
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Captain Proof wrote:I keep getting this
Spoiler:
Precisely what I was saying. This mod needs a very specific version of "Super Doom 3", and it does not work with the newest released. Perhaps that'd be the reason for me to upload my side version (I did get permission to re-release the whole thing modified), since the required version is no longer available.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

DBThanatos wrote:
Captain Proof wrote:I keep getting this
Spoiler:
Precisely what I was saying. This mod needs a very specific version of "Super Doom 3", and it does not work with the newest released. Perhaps that'd be the reason for me to upload my side version (I did get permission to re-release the whole thing modified), since the required version is no longer available.
for that reazon i decided create 2 wads for the newest version: 1 with the visuals and other only with the codes, and take II only works with the super doom 3 (not ultimate)
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Do you still have a mirror of that version needed for Take II?
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

DBThanatos wrote:Do you still have a mirror of that version needed for Take II?

this??

http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-weapon ... 5-download

Return to “Gameplay Mods”