[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

:?

Where in E1M4 is that?
Viciarg

Post by Viciarg »

@Lexus Alyus

I'm not sure I get your point, but doesn't matter...*shrug*

I think I'll do some of the tracks and post them here, that we see, what comes...
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

farlowj wrote:What about ambient noise, like wind and slime and stuff? I didn't see it in the resource.
That's because I haven't put them in yet...

(and someone said the resources were ready and put them up. Guess I'd better get moving then...)

While we're on the subject: how do we want the sounds using? I will probably use my method, as it allows for unrestricted use of sounds (ie. small areas, specific rooms etc.) but I'd imagine no-one else will do so - is it better to stick with the original method? (and the limitations that come with it)
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

nmn wrote:Let's share pics of I.P. maps!
well, heres what i have so far
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@farlowj - Good idea, anyone volunteering creating the AMBIENT SOUND RESOURCE???

Nevertheless, I also have already started working on E1M8 and wow :) It is really fun, without any doubt ;) Take a look at the following screenshots with commentation ;)

=============================
Yes, you know this place from somewhere? :) It is the room where the Barons appear the first time at all. I added detail, changed some textures and flats and well, spiced the whole thing abit up. You can also see the skybox in action. I always hated the fact, that E1M8 didn'T look that scary at all... well, at night it IS scary :)

Another screenshot showing the way to the last elevator before the brothers. The walls have already been lowered, the bosses are dead! You can see the new rooms which have been added, some UAC installation with a 2 key puzzle I added :)

Well, you should also recognize this are. In the original you can get a chaingun to the left and a shotgun to the right. I spiced this room up with detail and added new rooms to the existing ones to the right and to the left!

The way to the brothers, the walls are down and they are already dead. Nevertheless, you can see detail, texture changement and the skybox in action :)
=====================================

Well, I hope you liked the pics cause I worked hard for 4 hours now and I am proud of the results so far :) Give me also some more pics from you please ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@BioHazard - You work on the Military Base, yes? Well, I hope you used the original as base because I just thought, when I looked at the picture, that you started off completely new... (and that's not supposed to be like this, because we want to enhance the original maps, don't rebuild them from scratch (like AgentSpork)). If I am wrong, forget about it, just a thought!
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

... And your thoughts on my miniboss idea? (hint: look at the previous page)
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

i did start off on the old one, you just cant tell cause you cant see too much right now

(im releasing hourly updates in #NZDR
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Giest: I don't think that a miniboss is a really good idea, personally - even for a "reasonable" boss, that's harder than the Barons at that point (E1M4). Besides, does this project even allow for new monsters? I thought it was just for the maps.
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Graf Zahl wrote:
Tormentor667 wrote: I think it would be best, if we just add Zombies (humans.wad out of the monster wad) and some "Baron" variants (out of monsters.wad).

I think the Demon variants (Blood Demon, Mauler Demon) might also fit well into an E1 theme. Maybe even the Dark Imps. The stock E1 monsters just aren't strong enough.
No Weasel, I'm pretty sure we're allowed to have new monsters...
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

heres a shot of my current progress

at this rate, i should be done by the deadline

it kinda follows "MyStyle (TM)" but it still is the same shape as E1M9 :p

i just remembered, i sure hope the person doing E1M3 remembers to make the secret exit :)
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

Grrr, I hate you people. It takes me an hour just to come up with an idea (let alone implement it) and you all just build away... :(
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

hahahahahaha! i so wish i was like that! im just detailing, that comes easy. its thinking up the level itself thats hard... really hard... so hard that i have never made my own map cause its so hard... its like... hard...

and i was largely inspired by NMN, thats why i used tons of slopes
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Blah. You guys are all better mappers than I am :( .

Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Man, I havn't even started yet! :D. This looks like cool stuff but there is one thing bothering me... Doom E1 is set on the moon of Phobos right? I didnt think it had an atmosphere and was just like rocks... so why the fluff did id give it a rainforest sky?! I think the alpha sky was far better suited... I think we shopuld do all maps like that... and my outside ares are gonna require hazard suits :).

I hope I chose e1m6... I love that map...

:edit: Damn... anyway... I wanna sign up for ANYWHERE in weeks 2 and 3 too :).

:twisted:

Return to “Levels”