[Sounds] PSX weapon sounds

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Baby Bonnie Hood

[Sounds] PSX weapon sounds

Post by Baby Bonnie Hood »

I find the weapon sounds in PSX Doom to be more... badass (when a BFG makes its impact, you'll definitely know it), so I compiled them into a little PK3 that I now always use whenever I play Doom. All the weapons with different sounds have their sounds replaced, and additionally it changes the chaingunner's attack sound to the pistol which with its new sound is more fitting (the spiderdemon's attack sound is left alone so her super chaingun still makes shotgun sounds, fitting since each shot is a sergeant shot anyway). And as an added bonus, it changes the SS nazi's attack sound to its machine gun sound straight from Wolf3D.

Just a little something I wanna share with everyone after using it for so long now. I take no credit since the sounds aren't mine anyway; anyone can make a similar compilation. Major thanks to the people who brought PSX Doom and Wolf3D to (G)ZDoom :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?uiemt1n7r6xqvok
Virtue

Re: [Sounds] PSX weapon sounds

Post by Virtue »

these are pretty cool, they are the same as the N64 sounds though
SoulCrow

Re: [Sounds] PSX weapon sounds

Post by SoulCrow »

Well, PSX Doom came first, so it could be argued that Doom 64 actually used the PSX sounds (and the PSX port has sounds for enemies that the Doom 64 port lacked, such as the Spider Mastermind).

Return to “Resources”