One in the Chamber

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CaptainToenail

One in the Chamber

Post by CaptainToenail »

Please note this is a Skulltag mod, but technically it does run in ZDoom deathmatch mode AFAIK :P

A cool game mode from Call of Duty Black Ops ported to Doom. All players start with a handgun with 1 bullet, and a knife. The handgun is a one-hit-kill, and for every player you eliminate you gain another bullet. If you run out of ammo you will be down to your knife, this is a one-hit-kill too, but can you risk getting close enough to the enemy?

To be played in LMS mode. If you find anything that you think could be improved, please say so, - I have only been able to test this with bots and would like to have this perfect before I upload to idGames

Enjoy :)
Attachments
1chmbrV2.zip
(132.01 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Last edited by CaptainToenail on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: One in the Chamber

Post by Slax »

Screenshots. Post 'em.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

But it just looks like regular deathmatch, with a gold handgun. :roll:
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Still, the handgun might be displeasing. ;)
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Heh I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone did this. I'd love to see a rendition of sticks and stones done in doom.... Granted it wouldnt play nearly like it does in CoD but it'd still be interesting.
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Grymmoire »

I *might* host this if I had more time/knew people who would join.
FANG2

Post by FANG2 »

I would join, I was in a game with a few peeps yesterday. It's good, but that 2-bullet for a kill thing needs to go.

I think it's difficulty-level related, so consider that if you host it. Also, weapons and items still show up in DM.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

but that 2-bullet for a kill thing needs to go.
Toggle the double ammo dmflag off. I can edit the decorate so it always gives you one bullet though.
Also, weapons and items still show up in DM.
Well, it's intended for LMS mode, where the weapons are removed anyway. I can add a Decorate patch to remove all items from other game modes too though if it's really necesary.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Ok, new, and probably final version up on first post.

Changes:

-Created new ammo type with +inventory.ignoreskill, you will always only gain one bullet from kills regardless of difficulty setting.
-Added credits and info to textfile.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”