Unloved II [BETA1 released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BlueEagle

Unloved II [BETA1 released]

Post by BlueEagle »

Play it in the dark.

BETA 1 download: http://www.gungirl2.com/stuff/unloved2beta1.pk3

NOTE: THIS IS A BETA!! Not all areas are accessable/fleshed out yet! About 50% of playtime finished. When you get the Red Skull Key it basically ends there, the rest is unfinished. No real ending yet. If you don't want anything spoiled until the final version, do not download this beta. You have been warned ;)

Also: Please give me feedback about what you liked or what you didn't like. All sorts of crits&comments are welcome!

Have fun!

***original post***

This is a direct sequel to my first mapset Unloved (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16060). It is in development for quite a while now. I had to start over at some point, because it became something I didn't like as much as the first one - but with the current version I'm quite happy and I'm here to give you a first impression of what Unloved2 will be like.

After the first Unloved ended, the player was left in the darkness - alone and his sanity drifting away. When you wake up, you are in a cell. But this time, you are not alone. Footsteps seem to follow you through your nightmares and there is no escape but to fight the demons in your mind.

This is your new home. Footsteps seem to follow you around wherever you go.

A lovely kitchen - seems to be unused in decades now...

Your new living room.

And some rooms you remembered differently.

Steps leading down into the basement.

After stepping through a mirror, you wake up in a strange prison.

Hopefully the pictures don't turn out too dark here. If you only see black, I can guarantee that in GZDoom everything is at least barely visable ;).

As you can see I'm trying to keep the same creepy style of the first one, but hopefully I can improve on the tension and atmosphere in the sequel. Hopefully I can finish this in the next few months. I'm afraid that if you didn't like the first one, the sequel will not pleasure you as well :(

Crits & comments are welcome as always!
Last edited by BlueEagle on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: [WIP] Unloved II

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Huh, looks really nice and atmospheric. Makes me kinda wish I completed the first one, though...
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

::jaw drops::

You have no idea how much I love Unloved. It's been one of my obsessions since last month, I actually got so into it I made myself a personally modified version with replaced/extra enemies and new/replaced weapons for a more "complete vision" of your game.

And for once, it was also a ZDoom mod / non-Doom WAD that I actually liked. Everything was pretty much perfect IMO only superseded by my personal additions, but it played just as good on it's own the first time around.

Highly looking forward to the sequel!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

This announcement gave me the motivation for trying to complete the first one. However, I still always get stuck at one point. I have the red and yellow key and access to The Halls Below and Living Room, but have no idea where to go next.
Sorry if this was kinda off-topic, but I figure it's better to post this here than bumping the topic of the first one.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Unloved was (is) one of the most interesting and original maps for Doom for quite some time. I'm looking forward to seeing what Unloved II brings.
Snow Fox

Post by Snow Fox »

God, the first Unloved was one of the most creepy yet awesome WADs that i played, i hope that Unloved II keep that on line, or become better

Good luck it the project by the way! :wink:
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE [/Xaser]
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

I came rainbows.

So much looking forward to this sequel.
Xim

Post by Xim »

This looks good. I've never played or even heard of the first one. I will now though. ;)
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Hey, you know how sequels tend to suck compared to the originals? Looks like this is gonig to be an exception to that. :)
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

By the way, something I noticed in the first Unloved, for those flesh-texture tunnels that open, use fleshy-sounding sound sequences, rather than the default ceiling/floor lower/raise sounds.

But yeah, looking forward to this. :D
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Grymmoire »

I am looking forward to this, very atmospheric series, combined detail and gameplay well.

I can't wait to see what you've learned since the first episode :wink:
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

If you need any specific SH resources, in regards to music or even sounds, I highly recommend this website.

There's some extra music over here as well. Linked SH4 because it needs more love.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Oh my yes Image

(also, please don't make the final map like it was in the first one, it was kind of disappointing to find out that
Spoiler:
)
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Grymmoire »

Gotta agree with Ethril, I dunno what you plan to do with this one with regards to gameplay, but
Spoiler:

Return to “Levels”