[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Tormentor667 wrote: I think it would be best, if we just add Zombies (humans.wad out of the monster wad) and some "Baron" variants (out of monsters.wad).

I think the Demon variants (Blood Demon, Mauler Demon) might also fit well into an E1 theme. Maybe even the Dark Imps. The stock E1 monsters just aren't strong enough.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

Totally agreed, what I meant was no revenants and mancubi around every corner. Maybe some corners. :)
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I can help with the lumps (Mapinfo, Decorate, Terrain and such.)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@GrafZahl - Yes, totally agree, Imp variants and Demon variants also fit very well!

@TheDarkArchon - So I think you will extract all the fitting monsters out of the monster resource and put it into a resource wad for our project? And also you will do the TERRAIN splash thing?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@mephisto - (once more), considering the fact, that the resources aren't fully compilated, you should wait working on your map, because it will make it much easier as soon as we have finished our complete resources (monsters, mapinfo, ambient sounds, textures, flats, etc).
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Mapping - I'll start with E1M3 (I have a cool idea with a classic connection).

Monsters - we need something stronger (E1's biggest weakness). How about several different types of zombie, imp, demon and caco (but nothing else) with hell knights and barons throughout (maybe) and some sort of super-baron thing at the end for a bit of a challenge? (I could help out there if you want)

Sounds - are we going to have ambience in it? (wind, sewer sounds, tech noises etc.) If so, I am the master...

Question - are we modifying the original maps? If so, wouldn't that prevent them from being in the archives? (unless we can persuade Ty to let it in, based on what we're doing)
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I don't think there should be anything like hell knights and barons before the last map. It's called Sign of Evil, right? I've always felt that map is the first real indication that the monsters aren't just aliens, but something from an evil place. I think the project ought to stick with that.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Ultimate - You're in! About the monsters: Do you volunteer to extract fitting monsters (humans, zombies, demon variants, imp variants, nothing else!) out of the "monsters.zip" and add them to our resource wad? (I will start with that soon) Oh and if you have a good idea of creating a super-baron for the very end: Do it :) About sounds: Yes, as long as someone volunteers to do the resources!
And yes we are modifying the original maps and this is why they maybe wont be in the archives. But I will talk to Ty personally on this subject if we don't get them in!
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

can i do E1M9? ive always wanted to re-make that map :)
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Can I join?
I want to redo E1M4 :) and show that a Sandy level still can kick ass
Kilkakon

Post by Kilkakon »

I remember doing a e1m1 level, it was cool. oh well.

oh and by the way, use the skybox of the first Zdoom Comunity map.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

i was planning to use that skybox, i have used that skybox for almost all my maps :)
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

Hey, I have a stupid question: having never done this before, how do I get E1M1 from the vanilla doom.wad into a single MAP01 ZDoom format map?
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Rename e1m1 to map01, convert with zwadconv (look in the files section on Zdoom's main page) oh and might want to use the missing Doom1 textures for Doom2 wad.
dochist

Post by dochist »

Tormentor667 wrote:Not interested in participating? :)
not this time. if there's a ep3/4 themed on the future then i might participate. :)

Return to “Levels”