[ON HOLD] Pokémon DOOM: Titanium

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xim

Re: (WIP) Pokémon DOOM: Titanium

Post by Xim »

I was gonna do this myself but I never got that far. I made a pretty kick-ass HUD sprite for the pokeball if I say so myself. :P
Attachments
PBALA0.PNG
PBALA0.PNG (3.29 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Damage wrote:Will you be able to control what attacks your "pocket monsters" use during combat? Or does they just have their one melee and ranged attack (depending on the monster)?
Yes and no, mostly no. Monsters with one type will have random attacks of that type only.

I will try to at least make player-owned dual-type monsters smart about their actions to avoid some of the randomness that would come out of the ERPS aspect of it, like making dual fire types use fire attacks against steel enemies and their second type against other fire-types, etc. I may eventually include a type switch to make them only use one type of attack or the other if their chosen tactic winds up not working for some reason.
daimon

Post by daimon »

cool story bro.

Maybe too dark, but looks so fun!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

daimon wrote:Maybe too dark, but looks so fun!
That's the map pack she was playing on, I assume. From what I've heard in IRC, this is supposed to run in any vanilla wad. :P
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:That's the map pack she was playing on, I assume. From what I've heard in IRC, this is supposed to run in any vanilla wad. :P
And then some crazy bastard is going to try beating Hell Revealed 2 with it.
It'll be just like storming Team Rocket's headquarters. :biggrin:

Also, will we be able to throw rocks like in the Safari Zone? :P
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Grymmoire »

There's still the evolution concept as well right?

Or did you not manage to get that implemented?

Oh and I noticed in your video that you picked up money...and then I saw the money count under your name. At first I thought it was for score keeping purposes but since it's a gameplay mod and has no maps of its own, that wouldn't make sense. So I have to ask: What is the purpose of the money?
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Damage wrote:What is the purpose of the money?
Spoiler:
What were you expecting? =P
Damage wrote:There's still the evolution concept as well right?
I'm still working on it, that's one of the things that's holding up the beta right now, the second being the PC interface (pictured above).
Salad Viking

Post by Salad Viking »

Wow, this is very impressive! I had contemplated doing a turn-based Pokémon mod, but this is so much cooler!
TheDoomGuy

Post by TheDoomGuy »

;0

I shat myself, then I saw that you can actually capture DooMeMoN, then I soiled myself. :shock:
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

Your ZDoom is evolving!
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

TheDoomGuy wrote:I shat myself, then I saw that you can actually capture DooMeMoN, then I soiled myself. :shock:
wut
Isn't "soiling yourself" pretty much the same thing as "shitting yourself"?
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

I think I'm in love.
TheDoomGuy

Post by TheDoomGuy »

Ethril wrote:
TheDoomGuy wrote:I shat myself, then I saw that you can actually capture DooMeMoN, then I soiled myself. :shock:
wut
Isn't "soiling yourself" pretty much the same thing as "shitting yourself"?

;D
alysiumX

Post by alysiumX »

You know, i seen the title of this thread and i was like, oh great here comes another wad with 2d rips of pokemon.

After seeing what you've created let me just say :

How dare you! How dare you make a pokemon mod for doom that not only looks appealing but actually seems quite amazing!!
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Xim wrote:I was gonna do this myself but I never got that far. I made a pretty kick-ass HUD sprite for the pokeball if I say so myself. :P
Hey! I just happen to be looking for a hud sprite to replace the placeholder in the video! There are four others that I'd need as well: Image Image Image Image
I'm not really much of an artist, I'm more of a programmer/designer, so I can't really do much with sprites, which is unfortunate. >.< I really wanted to do some really epic animations for the hud. =P But I just don't happen to have that sort of talent. Maybe I can coax Xaser into hacking something up for me.

On another note, progress to be made!
Spoiler:
That's one of two things on my list to do before putting up an alpha. Now on to the second one, evolutions!~ And after that, fun!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”