I hope you enjoy your time here. We're generally a pretty accepting community of nice people, but bear in mind that like all internet forums, ours comes with a set of rules and guidelines that we expect you to stick to. If you don't stick to the rules, you're doing more than annoying the moderators; you're also doing things that most people really don't like seeing. Not all rules come with the same penalties, which is why they're sorted into the following three helpful categories: Mandatory, Minor, and Guidelines. These rules generally also apply to our other online presences, such as the Official ZDoom Discord and the IRC channel on Espernet.
Note that, in the interest of preventing spammers, your first post will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be visible on the forum. If you haven't had your post approved in a while, contact one of us. More information can be found in this announcement thread.
But before we get into the main rules, let's go over a special section:
Spoiler: Not Safe For Work/18+ Content Rules
Spoiler: Mandatory Community Rules - These absolutely will get you warned or banned.
Spoiler: Minor Community Rules - These may result in warnings, but only rarely bans.
Spoiler: General Community Guidelines - It's rare to get official warnings for these, but please mind your manners.Rules and hints regarding images, project thumbnails, and Youtube videos have been moved to their own topic.
ABOUT DOOMWIKI LINKS
I know it's confusing, but due to some disagreements with Wikia, there are TWO Doom Wikis. The old one that we used to use was located at Wikia, and is probably the one you're going to see in Google search results, but this is the wrong one. The real Doom Wiki - the one that is still being updated by the community - is located at http://doomwiki.org. The old Wikia wiki only continues to exist because Wikia management refuses to let us remove it. When linking to the Doom Wiki, make sure to use the correct link. If you see any links to the OLD Doom Wiki, let a moderator know and we can edit the post to correct the link.
If you have suggestions for rules to be added, send them in. Happy Posting, and feel free to contact me or any other staff member with any questions.
Staff of the ZDoom Forums
- Rachael - Currently in charge of the website, taking over for Randi.
- Graf Zahl - In charge of organizing development, head of the GZDoom and Raze projects.
- wildweasel - Forum Administrator. Contact if you need advanced maintenance done to a forum account.
- Caligari - User Accounts administrator. Contact for help with recovering your account.
- Gutawer - User Accounts administrator. Contact for help with recovering your account.
- Hellser - Global Moderator
- Enjay - Global Moderator
- Marisa Kirisame - Global Moderator
- Randi - Our Benefactor, creator and founder of ZDoom itself, we would not be here otherwise.
- Bio Hazard
- Hege Cactus
- Blue Shadow