[Sprites]NeoWorm Resources - Google drive link pg.1

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
printz

Re: [Sprites]NeoWorm Resources - Firewand update p.16

Post by printz »

neoworm wrote: I am going to make a DECORATE code for it that will feature psychic attack causing player slowdown and blindness (or some other nasty effect)
I think this can be roughly done even in vanilla Doom (or, if it crashes, in Boom), by using solid objects and A_Fire. Even easier if it's MBF, because it allows arbitrary actor spawning and randomization. Hopefully A_Fire is not as restricted to seeking missiles as it is stated in the ZDoom wiki about ZDoom.
EDIT: Yep, no check.
Last edited by printz on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

I believe if you Creative Common your sprites, anyone can use it given it's not done so commercially (and they must credit you). I don't think Hacx 2.0 will go on sale, since it uses Zdoom features. And I won't worry about the palette either, Hacx uses the same colors as Doom, afaict.
Gez

Post by Gez »

There are many different Creative Commons license. They can be recognized by the abridged form they have for their names, like CC-BY-NC-SA etc.

CC: Creative Commons (they all have that, of course)
BY: Attribution. Reusing is allowed, as long as the authors are credited.
NC: Non-commercial: Reusing is allowed, as long as it's not for commercial purposes.
SA: Share-Alike: Reusing is allowed, as long as it is put not under a more restrictive license.
ND: No Derivatives: Reusing is allowed, as long as the content is used as-is, without modifications.
There were others, but they've been retired.

SA and ND are mutually exclusive, since ND forbids modifications while SA requires that modifications be put under the same license. Otherwise, they can be combined how you want. The six main licenses are therefore:
* Attribution (CC-BY)
* Attribution Share Alike (CC-BY-SA)
* Attribution No Derivatives (CC-BY-ND)
* Attribution Non-Commercial (CC-BY-NC)
* Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike (CC-BY-NC-SA)
* Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives (CC-BY-NC-ND)

If you don't put any restriction at all (not even attribution), then it is known as CC0.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Now I do have a question. If I modified something that is CCed but allows derivatives but non-commericial. Can the derivative be commercial?
Gez

Post by Gez »

I'm not a lawyer and I haven't read the licenses thoroughly enough to say for sure, but I guess not.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Eriance wrote:I don't think Hacx 2.0 will go on sale,
It won't.
Eriance wrote:I won't worry about the palette either, Hacx uses the same colors as Doom, afaict.
It does.
neoworm wrote:Also I dont know if there are some limitation of HacX licences since I want this monster to be used freely, not limited to one project.
There won't be any conflicts. While I'm no expert in legal things, the only practical limitations of HacX's resources is that they be fully original (not derivatives of any direct Doom art or some such) and used only in noncommercial things. Nostromo knows more about this side than I do, since he's got the legal say of all things HacX.
FuzzyBlaze

Post by FuzzyBlaze »

My friend is one of the few who actually got the cd version of hacx.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I'd love to own a copy, myself, but I don't think they're the easiest thing to find these days... ;)

If I had any sort of money at all, I'd actually be tempted to pull a Scuba Steve and print a few CD copies of the eventual 2.0, with the rationale that you're paying for the packaging/shipping and not the game itself, which would still be free. Which may or may not be a license violation, depending on how it's worded, but I digress... :P
printz

Post by printz »

Xaser wrote:is that they be fully original
They're not fully original any more if they're borrowed from another author who didn't build them specifically for HacX.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I meant that in the sense of "not derivative of any other work." "Freely available" would probably have been a better term to use.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Ok so its absolutely fine with me to use it in HacX when done. I will send you copy once done.

Something slightly offtopic. Recently I ripped few sprites from Myth II Demo. Today I put them into sprite sheet and tried some recoloring and fixing stray pixels to make them usable in HeXen. I dont know how can this game handle palette swaps since all the sprites are absolute mess.
Here is what I got after like hour of editing:
I have whole sheet in progress. I didnt ripped all sprites since it uses few hundred sprites for the archer alone. I took only sprites that will be enough to make a complete monster in DooM.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

That would make a great Player Class, cool! :D
printz

Post by printz »

NeuralStunner wrote:That would make a great Player Class, cool! :D
Especially as a character type in rf`'s cursed mod, I imagine.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Yes, I think it would be great too. I will eventually do some other Myth characters too. Here is little preview what does the game have to offer:
Second and third row are characters from mods by the way. (also few characters for comparision)
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

They're slightly isometric, but it doesn't seem to hurt them much.

Return to “Resources”