Hentes - Twilight Destruction [BETA 1.3] EXTRA LEVEL!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
FuzzyBlaze

Hentes - Twilight Destruction [BETA 1.3] EXTRA LEVEL!

Post by FuzzyBlaze »

===============================HENTES - TWILIGHT DESTRUCTION====================================
STORY: I haven't figured out one yet. All i can say is that it plays out in a heretic/hexenish world.

PORT: GZDoom, Skulltag (Only these will work) (zdoom will not work)

Meet your worst nightmares in this total conversion. Travel trough the lands of unholy, the snowy mountains of Danorka, the hot desert of Eisen, and the flaming pits of Clarcon.
The quest is about to begin. You play the 26-year old William Swain. He and his trusted arsenal, shall save the worlds from a twilight destruction.

SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOAD:
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... es-1.3.zip

EXTRA LEVEL: (Terror Lake)
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... r-lake.zip

CHANGES: V1.3
Changed E1M1 music
Added E1M3
Fixed Tommygon Cultist
Changed Pistol Cultists color to brown
Extended E1M2
Fixed E2M1 bug
Several fixes and changes
Last edited by FuzzyBlaze on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Snarboo

Re: Hentes - Twilight Destruction [BETA]

Post by Snarboo »

The stone texture used on the stair steps in the second picture needs to be aligned. Also Shadow Warrior's shotgun? :| Given the atmosphere you are going for is fantasy with possible cult leanings, I'd say you should aim for something closer to Blood. That is, a mix of ancient structures, evil cults, and demons with technology and guns.

Strife might also be a good source for inspiration.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Lucario wrote:===============================HENTES - TWILIGHT DESTRUCTION====================================
STORY: I haven't figured out one yet. All i can say is that it plays out in a heretic/hexenish world.

Code: Select all

[00:47:16] <Kate> >All i can say is that it plays out in a heretic/hexenish world.
[00:47:22] <Kate> >PLAYER IS HOLDING A MINIGUN
[00:47:26] * Kate mind blown
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Having played this, I have to say I'm not impressed. It seems to be a random mishmash of resources with no thought given to continuity. The new shotgun is an example of this: why is it there? It seems to perform almost exactly like the original, so much so that it's redundant. Using Shadow Warrior's shotgun is the icing on the cake given how overused it is.

I took a few pictures of bugs and issues I encountered:
Spoiler:
Unfortunately my computer cannot run GZDoom, so the third screenshot may be due to missing features in ZDoom. Given how early this project is, it easily could improve, but it's going to need a lot of work. None of this is outright bad but it's not good either.

First thing I'd do is find a good theme, whether fantasy, occult, or whatever, and stick with it. Trim out anything that doesn't fit or belong with the setting, make sure your resources are consistent, and above all else, figure out exactly what you want from this. Do you want something fast paced, slower and more methodical, story based, what? Right now there's no coherent theme, which leaves me with a bad impression of this project.

Edit:
So this doesn't sound too negative, I do like the idea of mixing fantasy with technology and giving it an occult bent. I mean, I love Wolfenstein and Blood, so it's a good start.
printz

Post by printz »

BlazingPhoenix wrote:
Lucario wrote:===============================HENTES - TWILIGHT DESTRUCTION====================================

Code: Select all

[00:47:16] <Kate> >All i can say is that it plays out in a heretic/hexenish world.
[00:47:22] <Kate> >PLAYER IS HOLDING A MINIGUN
[00:47:26] * Kate mind blown
Gee, haven't you encountered a lot of Doom levels taking place in medieval structures with Heretic/Hexen textures? I admit I didn't download the mod so I might be wrong, but in the screenshots I see Doom and generally modern monsters and weapons, and this reminds me of Alien Vendetta "Demonic Hordes".
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Whoa, slow down. You've already got at least 2 other projects going and you're aiding a few others. You could be getting in over your head, here.
I know discovering the magic of ZDoom is exciting and makes you want to jump right in, but getting too ambitious too soon could just end up making everything fall apart. In most cases, it's best to stick with only one or two things at a time.
That's not to say you should drop everything altogether, of course, but perhaps it would be wise to put a few of these projects on hold for a while until you've sorted out what you want to do first.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Having multiple projects isn't a problem; hyping all of them, though, is.

Really, working on more than one thing keeps you from being bored; I pretty much just mess around with several ideas and they do get done, eventually, provided I don't start disliking the idea.

Of course, "eventually," especially with me, can actually be more than two years for something simple. *looks over at mono, which, realistically, probally could've been completed in 10 months or so*
FuzzyBlaze

Post by FuzzyBlaze »

I think the door is like that becouse they are clipping into each other. I will fix it when i get home from school.

That texture in the catacombs is probably a zdoom bug. It works in gzdoom and Skulltag. I might make a zdoom version.

And i will put Realms of Chaos and Zendoir away until this is finished.

The frag shotgun you find in the catacombs is not a minigun, it's one of the custom guns. Im gonna make more weapons later.
And the guns-in-medieval-times is unknown right now. but it's mostly becouse you travel to that dimension with several others, but they got killed.
So they left these guns everywhere and... well, i don't know any story yet.

Im gonna see if anyone replies when i get home from school.
printz

Post by printz »

Lucario wrote: That texture in the catacombs is probably a zdoom bug.
The ZDoom vertical texture mis-mapping again?
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

I saw the thread title and immediately hoped that this was a thread about slaughtering legions of effeminate brooding vampires that sparkle in direct sunlight.

I left disappointed. :[
lukas

Post by lukas »

Not bad :),
Also reminds me of (Z)Bloodpack - I'm not sure if that's what it's called cause I played it some time ago, but I think its Bloodpack or something like that.
Anyway if you want any help with this, send me a PM.
FuzzyBlaze

Post by FuzzyBlaze »

Yep, i was inspired by ZBloodpack.

EDIT: I have updated the file now. It has all kinds of new stuff and features.
Snarboo

Re: Hentes - Twilight Destruction [BETA 0.2] MAP02 Finished

Post by Snarboo »

The bugs in the first map are still there, namely the double door bug. Second map has a few issues as well, which I will list:
Spoiler:
The second level is not bad, if a bit bland. It could use some extra details, such as curving the hallways to make them more interesting to look at or possibly adding a few grates high up that look outside. Honestly, there's no reason this level couldn't be merged with the first one. Both are fairly small, and you could swap out the yellow key in the first level with a blue key if you merged the two maps.
lukas

Post by lukas »

Snarboo, that pit you get stuck in - it's supposed to have water in so you can swim out. But the water is 3d floor so works only with GZdoom.
FuzzyBlaze

Post by FuzzyBlaze »

Only the first two maps will be short. But i might extend the levels.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”