Doom Builder 2.1.0 released

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
CodeImp

Doom Builder 2.1.0 released

Post by CodeImp »

A new official version of Doom Builder 2 has been released, bringing it to version 2.1.0 (not to be confused with the previous version, which was 2.0.1). The highlights of this version include:

- Docked panels: Panels on the left or right side that can optionally hide automatically. Built-in panels provides mass undo/redo functionality and edit selection controls. Plugins can also add panels.
- Include system for Game Configurations. This greatly helps keeping the configurations clean and organized and makes maintenance easier.
- Checks for all sorts of limitations of the map formats. You can no longer place anything outside the valid editing area and you can no longer exceed the maximum number of map elements (which would corrupt your map when saving).
- Things no longer take up increasing amount of video memory, but use a constant amount of memory.
- Copy/paste object properties now also in classic modes.
- Improved sector triangulation (no more holes in textures in classic modes and sector floor/ceiling in visual mode)
- Improved DECORATE support.
- Improved TEXTURES support with distinct loading of 'walltextures', 'flats' and 'sprites'.
- Added support for tall patches.
- Zooming speed now customizable (see Preferences)
- Options to choose the buttons you want to see on the toolbar.
- A lolzillion fixes, changes, optimizations and smaller additions.

Note: due to internal changes some third party plugins may not work correctly anymore, please make sure to update them, too.

So what are you waitng for, hop over to the download page and get your copy!
Ceeb

Re: Doom Builder 2.1.0 released

Post by Ceeb »

Squeegasm.

oh wait. NOW you add support for TEXTURES flats. :P
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Awesome, glad to see a new official version. I really like this editor. :D
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

Are the SVN versions up-to-date with this, or ahead of it?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Ceeb wrote:Are the SVN versions up-to-date with this, or ahead of it?
Pretty sure this release is most current ATM.
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

I'll hold out for the next SVN, then. I like not having to install. :P
CodeImp

Post by CodeImp »

I have uploaded my Comments Panel plugin and Boris' Stair Builder plugin to the website: http://doombuilder.com/index.php?p=plugins
More plugins to come!
Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

I can't work on my map anymore after updating :( If I add any sectors within a sector, the player is stuck at a certain height, and everything is invisible, if I add a vertex to certain linedefs, same thing happens :cry:

I keep getting "SEG 2 references a nonexistant vertex...BSP will be rebuilt" so I think it's a nodebuilder problem...I don't know what to do :shrug: anyhelp would be great :D

P.S Brightness level changes by 16 and not by 8 for me :|
CodeImp

Post by CodeImp »

You could try something yourself, such as changing the nodebuilder and see how to helps. Also, if you want me to help out (or determine if it is a bug or not) you have to write clear steps to reproduce the problem from scratch, because it doesn't happen for me.
Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

EDIT: Never mind, it seems to be working fine all of a sudden, I tried all the nodebuilders, and the didn't change a thing, so I just search the forums a little bit, go back Doom Builder, and save my map. But the saving took longer than usual, so I tested my map to make sure the the problem didn't somehow get worse but instead it got rid of the problem...I guess my Doom Builder was in the Twilight Zone for a period of time :3: (doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo) :P

Thanks anyways :D
CodeImp

Post by CodeImp »

I suspect you were using a nodebuilder that didn't work right for some reason (not all do work right for all maps/map formats)
Mr. Tee

Post by Mr. Tee »

Awesome CodeImp! Been waiting for this update, I'm installing it right now! :D

(just jumped in to at my 2 cents)
Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

CodeImp wrote:I suspect you were using a nodebuilder that didn't work right for some reason (not all do work right for all maps/map formats)
I think it wasn't loading right after I updated, so after I chose the other nodebuilders and went back to what I had, it loaded up right that time, I'm not sure but I'm glad I can continue my map :D
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Tip: Wait until the status bar says "Ready" before running your map. Simply waiting until it says "Map saved in wad [&c.]" may not be enough.
Sarah
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 11 (bullseye), Windows 10

Post by Sarah »

CodeImp wrote: - Things no longer take up increasing amount of video memory, but use a constant amount of memory.
That is welcome news as I've managed to crash my system a couple times. It's the Mac though, not Doom.
CodeImp wrote:So what are you waitng for, hop over to the download page and get your copy!
Cookies! That's what I'm waiting for! Lies, I'm just posting this from OSX instead of Windows. :mrgreen:

Cheers and glad to see the update!

Return to “Editing (Archive)”