Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.3

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Project Dark Fox wrote:Mydia as a boss: I honestly didn't remember when she wasn't a boss.
After your first encounter with her, she can appear on certain regular maps(Spaceport, Spacebar, and Settlement of the top of my head), but with normal enemy HPs.
The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Speaking of bonuses, are the alliance ones actually worth anything at present?
Since 5.2, the Alliance Bonus is the only way to acquire the shield regenerator. It's no longer given automatically. If you already have it, it just spawns a Bacta Fluid and Range Finder at Chibi Base.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Speaking of bonuses, are the alliance ones actually worth anything at present?
The Rebel Alliance one actually gives you a Bacta canister and range finder right at the front desk.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Revisions for 5.4:
Added a new branch map.
The bounty system is in place, but needs balancing. The text and basic presentation sucks as well. Only one bounty per episode, but no guarantee you'll find it in the given episode (given the random nature). In that case it simply carries over into the next episode. When you do find a bounty, an icon will appear on the bottom of the expanded status bar. Return to the bounty board at Chibi Base to receive your payout. A new bounty will be issued in the next episode. This is to prevent farming credits.
You can now "slice" enemy droids with the fusion cutter. When sliced, they'll seek out a nearby target and self destruct. If no targets are available, it'll self destruct shortly.
Falling snow can now appear randomly on any post start map. It can be permanently disabled by giving yourself an item ("NoSnow") from the console.
Hub map is now functioning. Displays icons for the start map, Chibi Base, key maps (icon changes if you have the key), gate maps, and the final map.
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:... You can now "slice" enemy droids with the fusion cutter. When sliced, they'll seek out a nearby target and self destruct. If no targets are available, it'll self destruct shortly...
So, you can now hack into, and re-program, robots with a cutting tool.

Just wanted to see what it would look like if translated into non-"Star Wars" speak.

Nope, still sounds silly, Mouse. :)
Davidos

Post by Davidos »

David Ferstat wrote:
LilWhiteMouse wrote:... You can now "slice" enemy droids with the fusion cutter. When sliced, they'll seek out a nearby target and self destruct. If no targets are available, it'll self destruct shortly...

Just wanted to see what it would look like if translated into non-"Star Wars" speak.

I thought we were able to split them in half and make em go all zombine hl2 like.

This makes alot more sense.
Project Shadowcat

David Ferstat wrote:

Who cares, it's still cool.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

David Ferstat wrote:So, you can now hack into, and re-program, robots with a cutting tool.
Just goes to show just how good a mechanic Jaiyl is. Given the nature of this project, silly == good, so thank you.
Davidos wrote:I thought we were able to split them in half and make em go all zombine hl2 like.
Offtopic:
Spoiler:
Revisions for 5.4:
Almost all debris (box chunks, ice chunks, etc) is now persistent, but limited to 100 objects. New ones remove the oldest ones.
Added a new map.
Still replacing textures.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.4

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Current Version 5.4
http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/cr_54.7z

My work computer was acting a little weird, so I took it as a sign to update my backups. Figured I might as well upload a new copy too.
Project Shadowcat

LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Dusting this off, and clearing the cob webs from my head.
Revisions for the next version:
Working on the "final" map. As it stands, you access this map by completing Chibi Base. IE: finding all the Chibi Squadron helmets, and recruiting all the special NPCs. It's my intent to use them all in the final map in some form. You won't be forced into playing the map, it only unlocks access like the first giant wampa encounter.
Fixed map30's spamming of crates.
Replaced the original tree textures & sprite with new unblurred versions.
If you find the back market jawa, he get's added to Chibi Base in following episodes.
Fixed a teleport bug on map 106 where Mydia could teleport out of the area.

[EDIT]
The final map is pretty much done. Just need to finish the dialog and make it accessible from Chibi Base. Beyond that, it's just a matter of adding a closing scene, and Chibi Rebellion can be beaten.
Doubled the range of the Scatterblaster (again?) to make it more effective. It's to compensate for the lack of a "powerful" weapon. Might tweak it's behavior even more, not sure yet. My idea is have it as a charged weapon. The longer you hold the fire button, the more focused the blast will be. Just tap the trigger, and it fires in a wider shotgun burst. Hold it down long enough, and it fires a concentrated shot. Opinions?
Changed bash damages. Scout pistol does the same damage as before (10), but damage increases with weapon size. The scatter blaster and T-21 do 25 now, enough to kill all but the stronger normal enemies in one hit.
[EDIT2]
Gave the Scatterblaster unlimited range like the other weapons. Went with the charge behavior, and a wider spread when you just tap the trigger. Most of the time, you can pick off turbo laser turrets at range with a single fully charged shot.
Changed the way bounties work (again). Bounty now changes every episode. Each of that enemy type you defeat after visiting the board increases your reward. Next time you visit the board you will receive one credit for each bounty collected. You won't lose any progress you've made when you start the next episode, but you won't earn any new ones until you visit the board again and find out what the new bounty is. The amount of bounty you've collected appears on the expanded status bar.
[EDIT3]
Replaced all the hud weapon icons, thanks to Eriance.
Tweaked bounties to work better across the random enemy types. Seeing as some enemies (snowtroopers) are a lot more common then others (imperial captains), bounties were unbalanced. To compensate, your first bounty is worth 16 credits. It halves for each additional bounty. So after the fourth bounty, they're only worth 1 credit each.
[EDIT4]
Thinking of changing thermal detonators to a weapon plans upgrade. Instead, you'd start with weaker concussion grenades. The new tds would be stronger, with a larger area of effect and visual fx. Always struck me odd how menacing it was built up to be in the movie, but in the games they're weaker then rl grenades?
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.5

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Chibi Rebellion 5.5
http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/cr_55.7z

The finale is in place and accessible. It's rough, but there. Once you've recruited all the NPCs and collected all the X-Wing helmets a switch will appear at Chibi Base (can't miss it). Activating it twice will send you to the final mission.
The Narglatch are in a state of development.
Added & removed Mynocks.
Reduced the cost of the Dawnsorrow to 3.
Added trip mines to a few maps. Shooting them will destroy them without blowing up.
Replaced the sky texture to something more colorful. Didn't do a great job on the recolor, but it's better then before IMO.
Changed the way dialogs are displayed.
Misc tweaks.

[EDIT] The cheat room will give you everything you need to activate the final mission.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Downloading. :D
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

Awesome! I've been lurk/following this project pretty much since the beginning. Love seeing the progress it's made over the years. What was that other wad you were working on like this, the Heretic one... it wasn't hquest, was it?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Narglatch are gone for 5.6. I just couldn't make them work with Chibi Rebellion's theme. I've replaced them with wild TaunTauns.
EksFaktr wrote:What was that other wad you were working on like this, the Heretic one... it wasn't hquest, was it?
Spoiler:
[EDIT]
Fixed Rianna's run off dialog on map 87. Also reduced the puzzle size by one to speed it along.
Increased the Scatter blaster damage by 1. Going to rename it, just not sure what yet. Blast Cannon would be an obvious choice, but it's taken.
Added a custom fade out to the final maps, so you're not simply hopping from scene to scene.
Improved the Tiabana Refinery map, adding a new arcade style enviromental boss.
Misc. map improvements.
You now start the game with concussion grenades instead of thermal detonators. TDs can be acquired by building the upgrade using 2 weapon plans.
Weapon plans are now holocrons.
Added Rianna Saren's rifle from Lethal Alliance as an upgrade to the E-11. Fires an accurate 3 round burst with each trigger pull, with a 36 shot clip.
Added a Mk4 Sentry droid.
Added the giant Wampa to another map. Contemplating giving the wampa the boss' cold breath attack from Super Empire Strikes Back. Trying to come up with an idea to make fighting the intial giant wampa more enticing. A single bacta canister just isn't worth the trouble.
Thought about adding a Jawa thief. It would steal whatever weapon you were currently using (and drop it when ko'd). It'd never get close enough to do it though, so opted not to add it. I'd still like a fourth jawa though.
Fat imperials don't give bounties. Can't figure out why though.
Have yet to fix the results screen music.
[EDIT2]
Fixed the results music.
Re-rendered the X-Wing helmets to animate them, and unify their appearences.
I've seperated the bash attack and grenade toss. Bash remains on ALT-FIRE, grenades are used by holding the USE button and then using FIRE.
Generic DarkTroopers and generic Mydia can now randomly drop Holocrons.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.6

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Chibi Rebellion 5.6
http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/cr_56.7z
Added another X-Wing.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”