Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.2

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.3

Post by Project Shadowcat »

LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

As many times as I've played this, for the first time ever I completed the Chibi X-Wing squadron in the first episode.

Revisions for 5.4:
Scaled the factions icons for map names to match the rest of the font size.
Replaced the old Yoda Stories AT-ST decoration sprite with a copy of the AT-ST enemy model rendering. It's easy to tell them apart though as the enemy has the HP bar.
Because of the above, what started as a quick map edit blew up into an almost complete overhaul of the AT-ST assembly plant map. Instead of the simple method of carrying parts along a conveyor, it's now an actual working assembly line. You can watch as each piece is moved into position and attached to a sub-assembly. The cockpit is hoisted into position and attached.
Improved some of the aesthetics of a few maps with use of the 3dmidtex flag.
Added a dialog icon for Mydia. It's not very good, but best I've been able to do so far.
Added another easter egg. This one is just a cute background thing.
Expanded the range of the Scatterblaster slightly to make it more effective.

Thoughts:
Thinking of expanding the TIE Bomber attack to another enemy.
Should I swap the thermal grenade and bash attacks? With double firing speed, it's almost impossible for me to initiate a bash, often time accidentally throwing a grenade in a tight space.
Should the costs of the Dawnsorrow and Scatterblaster be reduced to 3?
I need to find a way to reward the player for completing Chibi Squadron, and recruiting all the NPCs.
Thinking of using the freeze powerup for dialog.
Project Shadowcat

Should the costs of the Dawnsorrow and Scatterblaster be reduced to 3?
I think their current costs are appropriate.
Should I swap the thermal grenade and bash attacks? With double firing speed, it's almost impossible for me to initiate a bash, often time accidentally throwing a grenade in a tight space.
Possibly. I've done this a couple times, too. :stuppor:
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:Thinking of using the freeze powerup for dialog.
If you do that, all scripts will keep on running. (this is particularly bad for any scripts that spawn stuff)
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:If you do that, all scripts will keep on running. (this is particularly bad for any scripts that spawn stuff)
The effect wouldn't work if the scripts did stop. Most spawning is controlled anyway, and any that could be an issue can be dealt with.
The Ultimate DooMer

One thing you would lose though is any ambient sounds, as all sounds stop while time freeze is active.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:One thing you would lose though is any ambient sounds, as all sounds stop while time freeze is active.
That, I didn't anticipate. I expected it would behave the same as freeze from the console.
dubtropic

Post by dubtropic »

any tips as to how to nail the fusion cutter repair puzzles; i can't make the status bar thingy ever get past midway.
v v v annoying.

but I love the game a whole lot; one of my favorites!!
great work!!
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

dubtropic wrote:any tips as to how to nail the fusion cutter repair puzzles; i can't make the status bar thingy ever get past midway.
Stand as far away from the texture as you can. 5.3 increased the allowable range. If you don't notice a target when it appears, skip it. You'll lose more progress trying to chase after it, then simply moving on to the next target when it appears.
When I had the urge to add some CRPG elements, I considered making the puzzles leveled. The puzzles would get longer in each episode, with EP1 being shorter then the current setup. I abandoned this when I abandoned the experience system.

[EDIT] Worked on the landing platforms a bit, using 3dmidtex instead of bridge things. Trimmed them down a bit to improve performance as well.
Misc map improvements.
Removed the range limit on the probe droid's bombing attack.
Made the rock fall on the Wampa Cave map appear a bit sooner. Was possible to beat them, or get stuck.
Altered the locator behavior to use primary fire to scan.
Replaced most of the wall textures with un-blurred 2x scaled versions. Hand edited them to fit a height of 96. Still a couple left to do. Still wish I could randomize patches.
Most of the original textures have been replaced with un-blurred 2x scaled versions.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

If I reduced (slightly) the spread on the SE-14c, would there be any objections if it replaced the scout pistol outright when you build it?
Project Shadowcat

LilWhiteMouse wrote:If I reduced (slightly) the spread on the SE-14c, would there be any objections if it replaced the scout pistol outright when you build it?
I used it as a replacement as-is.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Revisions for 5.4:
Fixed a bug where the universal power cell didn't give A280 ammo.
Re-rendered & redesigned the monster droids. Added a Pit Droid head.
Made natural bridge construction automatic. I just drop a thing and it auto fills the appropriate space. Means I can use them in more maps.
Reduced the odds of snowmen.
Tweaked the scatterblaster shot ranges to better increase it's effectiveness vs. it's low ammo.
Fixed a bug where the settlement reinforcements wouldn't appear on a subsequent visit.
Added textures for switch sides & backs.
Added droid NPCs.
Replaced more of the original blurred textures with 2x scaled versions. Only a few left that are rarely used.
Opted not to add ShadowTroopers. I don't think they'd be very fun to fight.
Redesigned the AT-AT derelict map to make use of the newer AT-AT textures I added awhile ago.
Added an optional force reload key. Allows you to dump a partial clip and pick up a full one. Weapons will still reload automatically if empty however.

Would a hub map help new users? It would show where you are in the hub, and indicate which maps are links, branches, etc..
Should Mydia's HPs be doubled when used as a boss?
When I was working on the CRPG stats system, one of the things added was the bounty system, where you could turn in KOs for credits. Given the prices of the black market shop, should I enable this feature? The bounty system would be altered though, so you'd only get like one per episode. They'd have a random name and random rap sheet for why they have a bounty when you turn it in.
Project Shadowcat

Hub Map: I think it can be useful.
Mydia as a boss: I honestly didn't remember when she wasn't a boss.
Bounty feature: That sounds like another fun thing to do, but it certainly rewards players for wiping out everything anyway. :lol:
The Ultimate DooMer

Speaking of bonuses, are the alliance ones actually worth anything at present?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”