Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 6.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ReX

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 4.9

Post by ReX »

LWM, I know I asked you this a couple of years ago, but have you considered creating a version that uses models instead of sprites? After all, you already have the models.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

ReX wrote:LWM, I know I asked you this a couple of years ago, but have you considered creating a version that uses models instead of sprites? After all, you already have the models.
DoGA doesn't produce export'able models (ones that are useable at least). Too much cleanup would be needed, and by then, it'd be easier to start from scratch in another program. I'm happy with ZDoom, so why switch to GZDoom anyhow?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:why switch to GZDoom anyhow?
3D floors! :D
ReX

Post by ReX »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:DoGA doesn't produce export'able models (ones that are useable at least). Too much cleanup would be needed, and by then, it'd be easier to start from scratch in another program.
That answers my question.

Still, seeing little Chibi models running around would be a blast.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

V5.0 is up on the Doomworld IDGames database.
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16054

[EDIT] Redesigned/re-rendered the Imperial sentry, recon, and Viper probe droids.
[EDIT2] Replaced the Imperial cargo handler with a canon CLL8 binary loadlifter.
Imperial Scout can now deploy a single recon droid.
[EDIT3] It's been brought to my attention that Map57 is missing from the official 5.0 release.
[EDIT4] Replaced the DL-44 carried by Imperial officers with a proper DH-17. Haven't re-rendered the sprites yet, probably won't until I have other reason to/or out of boredom. For now I'm just going to leave the DL-44s the other Imperials carry alone. It's similar enough to the SE-14 I'd replace it with.
Redesigned & re-rendered the outcast Ithorian to better match the newer models.
I've reached a point where I'm not comfortable adding any new enemies. If this was a personal project like Shades I wouldn't care, but I need to consider upload times. If I had my own personal server, I'd just upload the individual wads as needed, with something that would group them all together for a single download. Alas, a girl can dream.
[EDIT5] Kitbashed Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors npc sprites. I'm happy with Kyle, not so much with Jan. Also modeled a SD Raven's Claw.
Added a new map. Three more to make eight episodes.
[EDIT6] Working on a new map utilizing the Raven's Claw & crew. A few of the maps have dialog, but I never really did anything with it. I've got a WIP script to handle all the dialog now, that shows the speaking character's icon and waits for the player to 'USE' to advance. It should be simple enough for me to use in all the respective maps.
LilWhiteMouse

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.0

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

supergoofy

Re: Star Wars: Chibi Rebellion 5.1

Post by supergoofy »

Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

I would have gotten to this sooner, but I was kind of battling my own problems.
Anyway, Treadhead mirror is up: http://www.prdarkfox.com/doomstuff/cr_51.zip
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Has anyone ever had a map repeat within a couple episodes? The scripts are supposed to prevent that, but I just had Map83 "Forest" used in the first two episodes. It's the first time I'm aware of it ever failing since I implemented no repeats.

Work update:
RNNAA0.png
zeeoa0.png
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

I haven't had a chance to play since the 4.9 update. :(
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Project Dark Fox wrote:I haven't had a chance to play since the 4.9 update. :(
Look at this way, more new stuff for when you do next get a chance. AFAIK I haven't altered the map selection code since around 3.5, only added maps to the pools. So I expect this bug would have turned up long before now.

Revisions for 5.2:
Seeing as I never was able to integrate the TIE enemies into the maps, I've gone a different route. The Probe droid can now call a TIE bomber run against the player, which acts similar to the player's speeder airstrike/Power DoLLS Longtom attacks.
Filled in some missing characters in the fonts.
[EDIT] Special NPCs that have been encountered in previous episodes can now appear at Chibi Base.
[EDIT2] Always bugged me that you looked the same during the Star Destroyer infiltration mission, so I've fixed it. When you've met the defector, you revert back to "you". Hope to improve upon it, but it works for now.
[EDIT3] Added a user friendly sprite based laser fence. Drop a post at each end, give one a TID, feed the TID to the other, and it auto generates the field in between. Used it to replace all the bars left over from version 1 & 2.0 that never got replaced with linedef fields.
[EDIT4] Finally got around to updating the Chibi Base armory a bit. You can no longer buy weapons, only ammo. It will prevent you from purchasing ammo that you are already full of as well now.
[EDIT5] Tweaked the shield converter to give 4 shields units instead of 2 per "charge". Can still only recover 100 points total though.
Added a return character at the end of dialog texts to indicate you're supposed to hit 'USE' to continue.
Replaced a few textures/sprites with better rips from Yoda Stories.
I'm still two maps short of 8 episodes. I have ideas, but no layout concepts yet. Should add some more start maps as well.
[EDIT6] Cleaned the library scripts a little. Found half a dozen or so that are not even used any more.
Fixed the repeating damage comment when re-entering a map.
Finally implemented the taunt for destroying droids.
Modified Mydia so she'll fire uninterrupted for 16 shots, then stop and reload her blasters.
The view will wander a little when firing the T-21. Not so much to be annoying, but enough to be noticeable.
Modified the Imperial Warden on the Detention map to use the EWeb2 Crew's shield sprite, and set her to always be invulnerable & reflective.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

I've been playing with the textures a little, and gave a try at redoing the door textures. Should I use my new ones, or stick to the old scaled versions?
I'm not a pixel artist, this was the best I could do.
WOLF10.png
The original version I simply scaled up and blurred:
WOLF10O.png
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

It looks good to me, I say. Cartoony, but fitting as a result. :P

Actually, considering the new direction that the sprites have gone, I think maybe the textures would work well scaled up without blur so as to match the sprites. It's worth a shot, at least.
UltimateLorenzo

Post by UltimateLorenzo »

I'm playing it (i'm in the third hub) and i think it is very funny.

Very interesting wad.

But... how do i defeart the jawa shamaness?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

UltimateLorenzo wrote:But... how do i defeart the jawa shamaness?
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”