Some crappy Doom 2 RPG rips

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Some crappy Doom 2 RPG rips

Post by DoomRater »

Aww, no Doom axe? I suddenly want to chop down a door.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Ryan Cordell wrote:
Kinsie wrote:Image
Hey there, J.C.!
I actually played as this guy on my first play-through.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

40oz wrote:Sorry about the bump but for anyone who's interested I went ahead and made a two-frame doom-size version of the Doom 2 RPG Chaingun. I was gonna use it in my project but I felt it deviated too far from doom's original feeling. Also I made muzzle flashes for it but they were really bad.

Thanks! Here's a bad rip of the iPhone version of the sprite if you're interested:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

On those 3 player character... the scientist looks pretty good, the female with the big boots is acceptable, if a bit quirky and "not really Doom" but the Doomguy looks like he was drawn by a high school art student. A pretty good high school art student, to be fair, but not be a professional gaming artist. All IMO of course. :P
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

I'd imagine most of id's art muscle is on Doom 4 by now... It'd explain some of the poorer art in Doom2rpg (model rips? really?)
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Just a request: I'd really love the complete set of Watcher sprites from the iPhone version, but if you could pull them from either, it would be fine, really. And without the shadow, if possible. I mean, if it's a lot of work, that's fine, but I would rather appreciate it.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Xim wrote:
Kinsie wrote:Also, for that one guy who was interested, the Harbinger from Wolfenstein RPG.

Let's compare this to the one me and my brother made. To be totally honest, I think we did a much better job, although our sprite isn't perfect either...
I agree yours is overall better. However, the belly part of Id Software's is better. It could be interesting if an edit merged the strong points of the two. It'd be a lot of work though since the RPG sprites are just that instead of a full sprite sheet with rotation and animation...
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Was thinking the same. The abs are definitely better on the iD version.
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

DoomRater wrote:Was thinking the same. The abs are definitely better on the iD version.
also the arm wich is on fire
Mtzfire

Post by Mtzfire »

I LOVE THOSE RIPS FROM NEW DOOM 2 RPG! Can anyone start a whole other post for only the new DOOM 2 RPG sprites? I've been looking all over online for hi res sprites for DOOM, and honestly have been looking for ages. No one seems to be willing to draw out TRUE hi res sprites, like those in DOOM 2 RPG. If someone could PLEASE somehow post the DOOM 2 RPG sprites I WOULD BE THANKFULL FOR LIFE! I'm just about ready to handraw the sprites, but I DONT WONNA DIE OF BOREDOM. Please, if anyone could get the DOOM2RPG sprites, that would be awesome!
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Nobody's willing to reverse-engineer the formats, and I'm not screengrabbing everything.

Also, they only have front angles.
Mtzfire

Post by Mtzfire »

That's right, I forgot. Well, that's ok. I've started to redraw the old Doom sprites anyway.
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

How come someone didn't mention the 8 angles of this 'Harbinger of Doom' sprite before?
http://www.realm667.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=181
http://www.realm667.com/index.php?optio ... 96&Itemid=

The Harbinger of Doom seem not to get enough attention for use in Doom wads. I'm using Xim's sprite for my wad project regardless of the demand to mess up the original Cyberdemon sprite image.
Spoiler:
Last edited by RV-007 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Xim's version of the abs look more like a displaced ribcage. The id-made version looks like the cyberdemon ought to have looked before he was gutted and filled with machinery.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

40oz wrote:Sorry about the bump but for anyone who's interested I went ahead and made a two-frame doom-size version of the Doom 2 RPG Chaingun. I was gonna use it in my project but I felt it deviated too far from doom's original feeling. Also I made muzzle flashes for it but they were really bad.

looks like freedoom chaingun
Kinsie wrote: Image
amazing, I hope to use these textures in G-project :D
Tormentor667 wrote:By the way, some of that stuff might fit into the "Prop Stop" ;)
like this?

Return to “Resources”