scalliano's 667 Shuffle! - IT'S BACK!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Moti

Re: scalliano's 667 Shuffle!

Post by Moti »

This could be great -- Well, it is -- But I constantly crash save-states while playing this with Memento Mori 2.
Maps 12, 17, 18, etc., all seem to crash if I make a custom save state.
I'm using the latest GZDoom version (1.4.3 I think). Is there any way to fix this? I have no idea what's the cause of it. It seems that only some specific maps crash (Map16 for example didn't).
Vader

Post by Vader »

I had the same problem with plain Doom2 as well. I think it is because many of the actors share the same doomednum... note the warnings when launching a game!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Yeah, I've been trying to suss out what's been causing that. I had no idea about the DoomEd numbers - I'll get cracking on fixing those when I get a chance.

In the meantime, manual saves seem to be fine, for me anyway.

EDIT: New version, Not a lot added, decided to work out the kinks before doing any major additions. That said, it now features the Motherdemon and all DoomEd numbers have been removed, so if that was what was causing the save crashes there should be no more issues (I hope).

If there are any more issues, please let me know, as always.
Moti

Post by Moti »

Yep, still crashing there. Try playing your wad with Memento Mori 2 Map17.
Here's what I get after I die:

(game crashes of course)

Code: Select all

Execution could not continue.
Unknown object code (0) in archive
If you have an idea on how to solve this I'll be glad.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Now, this is strange. From what I can see, this is completely random. When I tried loading MM2 MAP17 the first time, it gave me a classless actor error. When I tried loading Map16 straight away, it completely crashed. I've tried both maps several times again since without any modifications and they have loaded every time.

EDIT: Think I've found the classless actor bug - it may have something to do with my atrocious spelling of "Aracnorb" (there's no "H" :/ ) Uploaded the fixed version.

I haven't been able to replicate the error you posted. Can I ask: are you trying to load the same save file? Which version of (G)ZDoom are you using?
supergoofy

Post by supergoofy »

GZDoom 1.4.3.740

MM2 MAP 17

load from a manual save

crashed with error:

Unknown object code (0) in archive
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

I'm using GZDoom v1.2.1.478 with no issues. I got the crash myself after trying it with the latest version. Something is breaking in the later versions of both it and regular ZDoom. This may not be something I can rectify easily.

And it looks like mine isn't the only mod encountering this problem.

If it turns out to be a clashing actor class (as explained here) it may be possible to fix it, but there's a lot of stuff to sift through.

In the meantime, my advice is to dig out v1.2.1.478 and use that for playing this mod.
Moti

Post by Moti »

Well I really really hope you can fix it, this is probably the best randomizer out there IMO. (The other ones such as AEOD are too mishmash-y).
I guess I'll play this with something else for now :(
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

GOOD NEWS!

Turns out I was a bit thick - with a little help from Graf who spotted a typo - the mod should now work with all save files on the latest versions of both Z and GZ.

The problem was the one of the spawners had the same name as the actor it was meant to replace. How the mod even loaded in the first place is a mystery.

The fixed version is uploading as I type, so you should be able to play this while I go back and clean up all of the duplicate actors to help prevent this from happening again.

Enjoy!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

OK, now that the save issues have apparently been sorted out, I can now upload a new version. This one has a few new weapons: the Double Chainsaw, Knife, Sonic Railgun, Hand Granades and LoganMTM's Cannon Shotgun (the quad-barrel one) Also has the SR Zombie.

There is a bit of a quirk, though. If you IDFA the game will give you 2 regular chainsaws. This happened with all of the other stock weapons in testing, but I was able to resolve that. Dunno what's causing it this time, though.

Still, it is now fully playable. If there are any other problems please let me know.

EDIT: Fixed. Link fixed, too. :oops:
supergoofy

Re: scalliano's 667 Shuffle! - SAVE ISSUES FIXED!

Post by supergoofy »

I will test and let you know

the save is loaded ok now.

I will do thorough tests later. if there is a problem I will edit my post.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Nice! :D
Moti

Post by Moti »

Awesome! I finally progressed with this. Thanks a lot. Now up to Map21. :)

By the way, a couple of bugs:
-Afrit's fire doesn't seem to exist. It does the attack to drop the flames, but I just don't see them.
-Stock weapons are SOMETIMES doubled. I mean, a Super Shotgunner's SSG and a SSG that's a part of the map might not be the same, and it's annoying as hell to use the mousewheel like this. I think you already spotted this one, though... Might have to do with the KEYCONF?
-Zombieman's Rifle seems to have a better preference than other weapons, and I don't get why. It's weak as hell. Any way to fix that?
Vader

Post by Vader »

Good to see the save-game issue fixed!
I just played around with this a bit and in addition to what Moti said above, there is one other thing that somewhat annoys me:
Most of the times I play a map, the majority of the monsters stay the same type as they have originally been. I know that part of the problem is that there are just not enough proper edits of some of the monsters (Revenant for example), but I also think that some of the monsters you already have could be used in different ways...
One example is the Hellion wich sometimes replaces the Arch-vile if I'm not mistaken. It may look like an Arch-vile, but isn't really much harder than an Imp actually.
What I'm trying to say is that you should maybe try to add custom monsters to replace ones that are not necessarily of the same style, but fit the strength of the original!

Hope that makes any sense :P
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

@Vader: I hear you on the class-replacement front - I've noticed myself that some replacement monsters can be a bit over/underpowered depending on what spawns. As for the actual amount of custom monsters involved, I did leave a degree of emphasis on the original spawn - might seem a bit daft, I know, but I'm trying to maintain a degree of balance. What I could do to address these issues is decrease the spawn weights for the original monsters a bit and perhaps base the spawns on health rather than derivative class. I'll look into that.

@Moti: I'm still working out the kinks regarding duplicate weapons - I've fixed the IDFA issue, but the map weapon spawns differing from zombie weapon drops is proving a bit of a headache. I've modified all of the zombies so that they should drop the "derivative" weapon rather than the original (to prevent an SSG Guy dropping the quad shotty, for example) which is what the map spawns should be doing, that said, as I type this I think I've just thought of a fix. I'll keep you posted. As for the Afrit, this really would appear to be an issue with the latest version of ZDoom as I even tried spawning him from the straight Bestiary download and, true enough, no ground attack. Hmm...

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”