ÆoD (6.06.02 (03-14-16))

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ichor

Re: ÆoD (trailer up (12/17/09): 1st page)

Post by Ichor »

ArchXeno wrote:While on the subject on the Omnicaco, how does that thing spawn?
Very rarely, but it seems to be a bit more common as a Nazi class.
D69K

Post by D69K »

Major Cooke wrote: SPOILER!
Spoiler:
rofl :lol: oh man that thing gave me a headache :)
the first time i found one i was like "what the hell is that thing !!" saved my game before killing it and kept trying for 5 hours to get that reward !!
sadly "I GOT NO REWARD THAT DAY"

i tried every possible way !! i even killed it with a knife :lol:

after that every time i found an Omoicaco it gives me the reward !! no matter what weapon i used !! :? :lol:
ArchXeno wrote:While on the subject on the Omnicaco, how does that thing spawn? I found him twice; once in the mist of Nazi classes, and once in the mist of Baron of Hell classes.

And at D69K, Be patient. There's no point in having them rush it, only for it to suck. Go play 4.21 with Hell Revealed, Alien Vendetta, and Sythe 2 on Hardcore without cheating. By the time you are done, 5.0 should be out
i wasn't rushing them i just wanted to know if they still work on it cause it's been a long time since no one posted in this thread :) ..

and about omoicaco .. i don't know how that thing works but yeah i found it twice in the same room too :shock: !!!!
it appears that it's spawn rate becomes high when there is a lot of monsters in that map !!

i've played all of those wads you mentioned :) they are like my favorite .. especially Scythe2
i always play at ultra violence :twisted: that way you get the true feeling of DOOM :twisted:

also while we're at it there is a new Scythe 2 with 32 maps now .. just updated a month ago ..
you should try it the new maps are awesome :shock:

seeya :)
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

All I can say is. Version 2.4 has been released; You know, the old times :P

Trust us, we're working on it. How close are we? closer indeed.
Do we have an approximate date? Not really, but will be this year for sure :P
Do we have a slightly better approximation? Hmm... well, we could say that, but I dont want to say anything, because you know, things always change.

Really, I swear in the name of... doom! that we're working on it. We do want to do a release as possible, but this time we're taking it a bit easier, because is no good to rush things. We tried, and went to hell, so...

But yeah! AEoD 5.0 is coming :D
D69K

Post by D69K »

DBThanatos wrote:All I can say is. Version 2.4 has been released; You know, the old times :P

Trust us, we're working on it. How close are we? closer indeed.
Do we have an approximate date? Not really, but will be this year for sure :P
Do we have a slightly better approximation? Hmm... well, we could say that, but I dont want to say anything, because you know, things always change.

Really, I swear in the name of... doom! that we're working on it. We do want to do a release as possible, but this time we're taking it a bit easier, because is no good to rush things. We tried, and went to hell, so...

But yeah! AEoD 5.0 is coming :D
man .. i am really sorry that i was so hasty ..
i know you work really hard .. and i appreciate that very much ,,

i wish you and your team all the success in your project ..
and i will be waiting for AEoD 5 even if it's coming 2666 ..
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

ArchXeno wrote:Go play 4.21 with Hell Revealed, Alien Vendetta, and Sythe 2 on Hardcore without cheating. By the time you are done, 5.0 should be out
It didn't work for me :(
Took me more than a year to do that.
Gottalovezombies

Post by Gottalovezombies »

Man! Nice trailer... Gotta wait for ÆoD 5^^
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Gottalovezombies wrote:Gotta wait for ÆoD 5^^
ah well, i'll just play nuts.wad with aeod, or 10x, or my 10x suicide bombers.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Or go play Deus Vult 1 and 2, or HolyHell, or Invasion UAC part 5... or Ghoul's Forest 3 with AEoD on it.
D69K

Post by D69K »

Major Cooke wrote:Or go play Deus Vult 1 and 2, or HolyHell, or Invasion UAC part 5... or Ghoul's Forest 3 with AEoD on it.
Ghoul's Forest 3 with AEoD is just weapons .. no AEoD monsters .. and you can't use these weapons unless you summoned it right ??
Deus Vult 2 is AWESOME especially the final map .. a really really really long map and very hard to defeat !!

HolyHell ??? i've never heard of this i guess i have to try it now :)
supergoofy

Post by supergoofy »

I'm not asking about v5.0. You can delay it as long as you want till it is finished. But can you provide a patch for 4.21 to fix the errors with latest GZDoom?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Hmm... at this point, we cant do that.

We've advanced enough, and doing fixes for 4.x would be moving backwards. Sorry about that.

However, I can tell you, that the fact that Im saying "at this point", is a good sign if you're waiting for v5.

Still 2 things I think that are worth mentioning. GZdoom is not the intended port for AEoD. Second, what's the most crucial error? Last time I checked, there was nothing to really worry about (however, last time I checked was loooooong ago, seriously).
supergoofy

Post by supergoofy »

from what I see the most obvious error is in the difficulty selection, when you start a new game. The last (harder) 2 or 3 difficulty levels are invisible.
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

supergoofy wrote:from what I see the most obvious error is in the difficulty selection, when you start a new game. The last (harder) 2 or 3 difficulty levels are invisible.
I thought those were supposed to be secret.
supergoofy

Post by supergoofy »

there is also an error (with red color) in the log at startup, about it cannot find a texture in font definition for status bar or something like that. there are many other log errors/warnings about unknown class, but maybe most of them are related with skulltag? (because I'm not using skulltag and thus get these errors).
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

supergoofy wrote:there is also an error (with red color) in the log at startup, about it cannot find a texture in font definition for status bar or something like that. there are many other log errors/warnings about unknown class, but maybe most of them are related with skulltag? (because I'm not using skulltag and thus get these errors).
We do NOT support skulltag. We also know for a fact that this no longer works with skulltag. Also, I think we're leaving those in as secrets now.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”