Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: Demon Eclipse (WIP) - New "Hellfire Gem" Weapon (p. 150)

Post by Ghastly »

Eriance wrote:I generally put more than 1 bonus item or powerful weapon on the mag to prevent someone from hogging the area (i.e. Plasma-rifle hogging).
A good idea in general, but more than one of that same item spread around isn't a good idea, usually. Most smaller maps have one powerful item that's tricky to get to, but for maps E102-sized, a few ones scattered around works fine, but more than one of each item on the map doesn't work too well.
The maps are rather large, as they are meant to cover TDM (16 players) without cluttering spawn points or telefragging each other during spawn.
And they're perfectly sized for that. Skulltag really doesn't have enough maps like that.
Doom_warrior

Post by Doom_warrior »

This project is build so long :/
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Doom_warrior wrote:This project is build so long :/
Take it from a college student like Eriance: College takes up a LOT of time.

@Eriance: Oh, by the way, you might want to make some of the on-screen messages PrintBold, so every player gets them. Just messages that you'd want all players to be able to see, like the radiation scrubbers in the reactor room in Map03.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Oh btw, those jump pads in ST. Are those special ST-only sector specials? Or are they just ACS scripts with Thrust_Thing? I Should perhaps make use of those to make the map more dynamic.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Doom_warrior wrote:This project is build so long :/
Why the fuck are you still posting?
Doom_warrior

Post by Doom_warrior »

Project Darkfox ---------> Gets around it but? I do not write it for you, so there is not your cause. Doom Demon eclipse very interests me.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Eriance wrote:Oh btw, those jump pads in ST. Are those special ST-only sector specials? Or are they just ACS scripts with Thrust_Thing? I Should perhaps make use of those to make the map more dynamic.
The bounce pads are ST-only, I think, but the jump pads are just ThrustThing scripts.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Doom_warrior wrote:Project Darkfox ---------> Gets around it but? I do not write it for you, so there is not your cause. Doom Demon eclipse very interests me.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:
Eriance wrote:Oh btw, those jump pads in ST. Are those special ST-only sector specials? Or are they just ACS scripts with Thrust_Thing? I Should perhaps make use of those to make the map more dynamic.
The bounce pads are ST-only, I think, but the jump pads are just ThrustThing scripts.
Not even scripts; they're actor hits floor with ThrustThingZ for their special.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

XutaWoo wrote:Not even scripts; they're actor hits floor with ThrustThingZ for their special.
I have done this with ZDoom. It is fun, especially when a monster comes charging at you across the bounce spot. :)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:@Eriance: Oh, by the way, you might want to make some of the on-screen messages PrintBold, so every player gets them. Just messages that you'd want all players to be able to see, like the radiation scrubbers in the reactor room in Map03.
Done.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Eriance wrote:
Ghastly_dragon wrote:@Eriance: Oh, by the way, you might want to make some of the on-screen messages PrintBold, so every player gets them. Just messages that you'd want all players to be able to see, like the radiation scrubbers in the reactor room in Map03.
Done.
Excellent. Now my dad'll actually know what we're waiting for. :P

Out of curiosity, by the way, when were you going to do those Ep1 weapon updates, and what weapon were you going to start with? I ask because winter break is coming up. :D
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

De-Ep1 weapon resprites aren't planned for anytime soon. The only thing I have set up for Winter Break is finishing the Hierophant and the Hellstaff replacement sprites, and the Hellstorm secret level. Also fixing old map bugs and texture offset problems has been the primary goal of late. I want to polish up the first 2 episodes as much as possible without changing the quality and get cracking on Episode 3. Sometime during the the development of Episode 3's monsters, I will finish the Episode 1 weapons respriting.

If you wanted to make marine skins for the DE weapons, the new design will look similar enough to the old one that you can pass with just putting the old weapons onto the marine. Infact, they will have the same pickup sprites, with the exception of the 3 shotguns. I'm mostly just fixing the artistic mistakes on the weapons, such as shading and coloring that seems to look jacked up when I really start looking at it. However, if you want, I can actually finish the pick up sprites for the weapons first, so you have something to put onto your marine things (since I already know what their designs are gonna look like - mostly figuring out how to animate them correctly). :)
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Eriance wrote:If you wanted to make marine skins for the DE weapons, the new design will look similar enough to the old one that you can pass with just putting the old weapons onto the marine. Infact, they will have the same pickup sprites, with the exception of the 3 shotguns. I'm mostly just fixing the artistic mistakes on the weapons, such as shading and coloring that seems to look jacked up when I really start looking at it. However, if you want, I can actually finish the pick up sprites for the weapons first, so you have something to put onto your marine things (since I already know what their designs are gonna look like - mostly figuring out how to animate them correctly). :)
Alright, cool. I was going to start on a DE-Rocket Launcher Marine, but figured I'd check and make sure the design wasn't going to majorly change any time soon.
Doom_warrior

Post by Doom_warrior »

:joker:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”