- Legacy Of Suffering -

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Logan MTM

Re: Legacy Of Suffering [December 1th]

Post by Logan MTM »

We are close! :D

First post updated! *More Shots*
Logan MTM

Re: Legacy Of Suffering is Released!

Post by Logan MTM »

Done!
Last edited by Logan MTM on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InsanityBringer

Re: Legacy Of Suffering is Released!

Post by InsanityBringer »

Quite the silent release here. I didn't notice until I looked at the thread title again :P
ProjectAngel

Re: Legacy Of Suffering: RELEASED!!!

Post by ProjectAngel »

'bout time. Let's see how this masterpiece plays. :3
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Who can move it to the right place? :mrgreen:
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

Having played through the first several maps, all I can say is, this is quite simply a masterpiece. Quite possibly the most well-done, flawlessly designed ZDoom projects I've ever played. The interface is beautiful, the title screen, art, sprites, sounds, textures, map design... simply flawless. It accomplishes what very, very few ZDoom projects pull-off; and that is, the distinguishing of itself from basic ZDoom. Most projects still feel like playing Doom, but in Legacy of Suffering, I truly feel as though I'm playing something else. Something not Doom, but not Doom 3 either--EASILY the perfect equilibrium between the two.

So many situations would I find myself being startled, shocked, or genuinely emotionally effected by something that happens... the mood dark, tense, eerie. I really did feel a sense of accomplishment when defeating a wave of enemies. There were things that were truly badass. The Chaingun Launcher, for instance. I felt like a badass just using it; plowing down legions of undead and demonic foe alike until just about the moment I'm going to run out of ammo.

If you haven't played this yes, download it now. You will not regret it.

Logan MTM, I commend you. Well done, sir. Well fucking done.
Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

The revenant could use a little more balancing, the projectiles do quite some damage for its speed, should be weaker in my opinion

I also found an error on map08 where one of the doors was missing some "corner textures" unlike the rest of the doors :wink:

Other than that, this is some great stuff! Great use of the OpenGL features, but...
Spoiler:
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Yes! That is right. :wink:
Can you show me a sshot of this "buged door" please?

[EDIT]: Nevermind! Nice eyes dude! :mrgreen:
Phml

Post by Phml »

Just downloaded this. Call me dumb but... When I start a new game, I'm getting the choice to choose between Portuguese and English by pressing "Use"... but pressing "Use" simply highlights Portuguese and immediately starts the game in Portuguese.

What gives ?
Pisstepank

Post by Pisstepank »

you have to choose with move keys right and left.

Well i downloaded this awesome and so fuckin' great wad this morning (in france it was 10:00 am and now in france its 05:00 pm)
i just finished it and i haven't played some epic stuff like this for month!
This is really THE masterpiece of doom 3 themed wads :)
i very liked the little reference to the film of doom ,i mean the chromosome 24 (if its a reference to the film but i think yes)
Last edited by Pisstepank on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

Phml wrote:Just downloaded this. Call me dumb but... When I start a new game, I'm getting the choice to choose between Portuguese and English by pressing "Use"... but pressing "Use" simply highlights Portuguese and immediately starts the game in Portuguese.

What gives ?
Just press the right arrow key or d and then press "use".Dumb... (joking) :P

Ontopic : For first hours my jaws were dropped to my desk while playing this.

EDIT : Goddamnit,Pisstepank,there couldn't be more than few second-difference.
InsanityBringer

A quick playthough of the first levels shows I'm not impressed

The problems I've sighted

1: Cutscenes should be skippable. Once one dead shotgun guy is resurrected I can estimate that the rest will be
2: The flashing in-your-face pentagram is just irritating
3: The intro is way too long and the white flashes between each scene is just irritating (this should also be skippable)
4: Regenerating health?

Other than that it plays fine and looks fine. Certainly one of the better releases but the above problems are just irritating.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

ok played to ... act7? or act6. and i must say. holy shit the latter levels are scary. and i love how hard this is, i have to agree that the flashing in your face pentagram is irritating.

i love the new weapons, the quad shotgun and the rocketlauncher mounted minigun are very nice, they are something that you really wanna use instead of the basic SSG.
InsanityBringer

.+:icytux:+. wrote:i have to agree that the flashing in your face pentagram is irritating.
Irritating to the point I just removed the call which displays it from the main script library. Problem solved.
Phml

Post by Phml »

Just press the right arrow key or d and then press "use".Dumb... (joking)
Ahh, thanks. I tried the arrow keys but as I didn't have these mapped to strafe left/right it didn't work. :oops:

Been playing LoS for a while and I really like it so far. There's some minor stuff I could nitpick about but the pros outweigh the cons by far. One of the few ZDoom wads I'll actually replay. Great job Logan. :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”