GVHv2 - Beta 7 Released!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ethril

Re: GVHv2 - Beta 5 released

Post by Ethril »

Cutmanmike wrote:Sorry for the bump but does anyone know where the music is from in that AEons of death map?
If it's the same music as the titlemap for AEoD, I know it's of the same origin as one of the maps in Hell Revealed 2, but what that origin actually is, I have no idea. :?
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

*ANGRY TEARS* Anyone else got any ideas? I'll have to change it if I can't find it's source (and if it's okay to use(Then again hell revealed has it and it's on idgames now(does anyone actually care about legality anymore?(pie))))
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

The music in AEoD is from Hell Revealed 2 map 7. My personal favorite is map 29... And I think they all just took the music themselves, or made it themselves. They don't really care about the music though, I don't think...

P.s. Cutty, sorry about not having been active much, it's just I've gotten into finals... You can expect results from me around the 21st though, when my quarter here finally ends and I'm able to have some relaxation time. I don't have much to do at all, really. I just have to polish up and I'll be done.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

http://www.filefront.com/14965097/GVHv2b6.zip

Happy update before GVH:CD comes out. This one may reduce the amount of Jitterspam.
Amuscaria

Re: GVHv2 - Beta 6 released

Post by Amuscaria »

Jitters got nerfed again? D: Was there a upgrade to the choke? :D
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Eriance wrote:Jitters got nerfed again? D: Was there a upgrade to the choke? :D
GvHv2 Isn't part of the expansion GvH:EW, so GvH:EW isn't updated alongside GvHv2, so no, choke is not upgraded. unfortunately
pucy100

Post by pucy100 »

I love it! i can't wait for gvh cold demise
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

pucy100 wrote:I love it! i can't wait for gvh cold demise
Frostbite and Santa? XD
pucy100

Post by pucy100 »

Eriance wrote:
pucy100 wrote:I love it! i can't wait for gvh cold demise
Frostbite and Santa? XD
yes
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

http://cutstuff.net/blog/?p=1723

Here's cold demise. Meant to come out an hour later but I cocked up the wordpress clock.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Cutmanmike wrote:http://cutstuff.net/blog/?p=1723

Here's cold demise. Meant to come out an hour later but I cocked up the wordpress clock.
How many "You are made of Win!" awards have you won so far, Cutty?

Edit: Just tested CD. Santa seems like a pretty decent class, but Frosty needs some upgrades. A bit more health and speed would help. That and/or make player's speed be added to the frost-breath projectiles. Currently, I can run faster than my own projectiles. I'm not sure what the bite does. ON mosters it seems to do a lot of damage (60+), but doesn't seem to do much on players. Finally, purhaps make the frosty take less damage from hunter's ice arrows and more from the fire one?

Either way, great work on the new package. The New maps are a lot more fun than the old ones, which were pretty good as they are. :)
Captain Ventris

Re: GVH - Cold Demise Released!

Post by Captain Ventris »

I think Santa could use a couple adjustments. Notably, less random damage with the Holly, make it more reliable. Also, when using altfire, make Santa release the holly/ninja star quicker, and have the pause AFTER firing, to make it a viable weapon, so you aren't a sitting duck until you change weapons. The secondary stars in the star cannon shots could do with dealing a teensy bit more damage. Decreasing the windup time on the Snowball Launcher's alt-fire would also be beneficial in boosting Santa's long-range capabilities, alongside either a slight damage boost, or an increase in accuracy.

Also, to append Eriance's suggestion, Frostbite's breath should START OUT moving faster than it does currently, but then slow down to it's current rate soon after, so you get it out there a little quicker. Although, this may make it too effective unless you lower the damage a bit. Make it more of a surprise thing, without being an uber attack. It would have great shock value that way, but wouldn't spell instant doom for those hit.

Also, Hunter's Lightning magic is useless. Just make it automatically chain-lightning nearby ghouls or something instead of whatever it does now.
pucy100

Post by pucy100 »

Frost bite has f*king huge teeth and different!
I wanted to see something like jitterskull/choke teeth but coloured blue or something!
not bad 120 health but needs some speed and santa i don't know!
Santa is epic
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Captain Ventris wrote:Also, when using altfire, make Santa release the holly/ninja star quicker, and have the pause AFTER firing, to make it a viable weapon, so you aren't a sitting duck until you change weapons.
I could make it like the Hunter's arrows I guess? Hold to draw the holly back and release to chuck it?
Captain Ventris wrote:Also, Hunter's Lightning magic is useless. Just make it automatically chain-lightning nearby ghouls or something instead of whatever it does now.
It's better in the next version.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Ah, that would be a fine solution as well. They don't fly as fast as arrows, though. How does their damage compare?

Also, yay.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”