Diablo II items - release 4

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Behemoth

Diablo II items - release 4

Post by Behemoth »

Hi ! As I'm using lot of sprites coming from Diablo 2 in my main project " Runes ", I decided to collect all the sprites available in Diablo 2 and to share my work.
So, here's the final release : http://www.mediafire.com/?wk0yyn55zem

Extracts :

WEAPONS:
ARMORS :
CUBE, POTIONS, RINGS etc.
QUEST & SKILLS ICONS :
Last edited by Behemoth on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
Xaser

Re: Diablo II sprites - release 1

Post by Xaser »

For the record, a .pk3 is just a .zip file -- the only difference is that a proper .pk3 uses a certain set of subdirectories: see here for more.
oODemonologistOo

Re: Diablo II sprites - release 1

Post by oODemonologistOo »

As I said earlier, there are some REALLY awesome demons and magical enemies that needs to be "sprited" for Doom... It would be useful for medieval mods (*hint* Hpack *hint*) :lol:
Behemoth

Re: Diablo II sprites - release 2

Post by Behemoth »

2nd release !
oODemonologistOo wrote:It would be useful for medieval mods (*hint* Hpack *hint*) :lol:
Yeah, and I plan to use them as outdoor decorations in my project Runes. They should be placed in unattainable areas due to their single frame.
oODemonologistOo wrote:As I said earlier, there are some REALLY awesome demons and magical enemies that needs to be "sprited" for Doom...
Sorry, but I don't have the skills to do this ( I assumed you speak about isometrical views ). :?
oODemonologistOo

Nah I just spoke to get attraction of the few sprite artists around here :D
printz

Post by printz »

Sorry, but they look down. They're all drawn as seen from above, not up front.

Trust me, I did a modification already, by copying the Diablo 1 goatmen into Doom. It looked bad.

The only decent ones are the potion, gem and spell graphics. But then, they look so simple they can be drawn from scratch.
oODemonologistOo

A suggestion, would it be possible if you could add their full frames ? It might give ideas to some people. (Cut&Paste or Scratch wise, I also wanted to have the graphics of monsters but never was able to rip them)
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Once I was modifying Diablo 1 harpy (ripped from infamous Sirens wad) to look good in Doom - It was incredible ammount of work. Almost everthing except front and back frames had to be heavilly modified to get rid of the isometric view. And the Harpy is really simple sprite. Doing something similar with Diablo? - it would be probably faster to redone the sprite from scratch.
Behemoth

Post by Behemoth »

I don't know why everybody focus on the monsters, that's not the main feature of my file. Take a look at the potions, gems, runes and simple items, they could be useful in some wads.
oODemonologistOo wrote:A suggestion, would it be possible if you could add their full frames ? It might give ideas to some people. (Cut&Paste or Scratch wise, I also wanted to have the graphics of monsters but never was able to rip them)
I don't know what you mean with "full frames", is it something like this : http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/mo ... lord.shtml ?
printz wrote:[...]But then, they look so simple they can be drawn from scratch.
You must have good drawing skills (and a lot of free time) !
oODemonologistOo

Yeah that's what I meant with full frames, but I mean, every frame; attack, death, walk etc.
Demolisher
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Demolisher »

Due to the "Top Down" they would be OK in areas that you never get to, like maybe an interesting Easter egg, or viewed from a bridge.
Behemoth

Re: Diablo II items - release 3

Post by Behemoth »

Release 3 ! Now you have armors, helms, gloves, boots, belts and shields. Should be interesting for medieval mods...
oODemonologistOo wrote:...I mean, every frame; attack, death, walk etc.
I don't know how to do that, and I don't want to spend hundreds of hours on it. Now I want to go back to my first project Runes. The main goal of this release was to provide the frames of the D2 items, not to create new monsters...
printz

Post by printz »

Behemoth wrote:
printz wrote:[...]But then, they look so simple they can be drawn from scratch.
You must have good drawing skills (and a lot of free time) !
NO. But those graphics are mostly circles with heads, and some texturing done on them to look like liquids. They would be pretty small for Doom, inanimate and not rotative.
Behemoth

Re: Diablo II items - release 4

Post by Behemoth »

4th and final release.
Dreadopp

Re: Diablo II items - release 4

Post by Dreadopp »

A pretty cool resource. Some of the gems, runes and jewels could be useful for some mods. I like it. :)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”