QuakenDoom 2: First Enemy: Enforcer Crouches!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Indecom

QuakenDoom 2: First Enemy: Enforcer Crouches!!

Post by Indecom »

QUAKENDOOM 2 WEAPONS WAD RELEASE V1.0
(Requires latest svn of G/Zdoom: http://svn.drdteam.org/ )

That's right, it's finally released!

Here are the list of features in the WEAPONS wad:
Accurate (to Q2 Specs) damage and particle effects, dynamic lights on projectiles, explosions and bullet puffs, and dynamic green light upon BFG charge and fire. Machinegun and BFG10K pitch recoil effects similar to that in Q2. Bouncing grenades that explode on impact with enemy but delay when settled on the ground, complete with bouncing sounds. Reusable Explosion with particles and intelligent sprite choice based on whether explosion takes place on ground or above ground. Full 16 directions for each on ground sprite in game, and for the projectiles as well. Weapon spawns that spin using a script rather than sprite based animation. Full ammo packs for each weapon. Each weapon features it's full sound capabilities. Chaingun that slowly speeds into the slow firing rate , then after a second of holding it down, will speed up again to it's final firing rate. Hyperblaster acts exactly as it does in Q2, press and release fire to shoot a round or two, then wait for the chamber to stop spinning before you can fire again. Continuous fire modes for Chaingun and Hyperblaster excruciatingly nitpicked until just right.

This is just the beginning of the QuakenDoom. Step Two, Enemies!

WEAPONS PROGRESS:
Blaster : 100%
Shotgun : 100%
Super Shotgun : 100%
Machine Gun : 100%
Chaingun : 100%
Grenades : 100%
Grenade Launcher: 100%
Rocket Launcher : 100%
Hyper Blaster : 100%
Railgun : 100%
BFG 10k : 100%

AMMO PICKUPS : 100%

SFX:
Bullet Puffs : 100%
Explosions : 100%
Sparks : 100$

SCREENSHOTS:
Weapons:
Spoiler:
Enemies:
Spoiler:
GAMEPLAY VIDEOS:
Weapons Test 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgNoCjzvM8U
Weapons Test 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOLoytf52Fs
Weapons Final:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDWrLUwfedo

Enemy Enforcer Test 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuWnbZ_8Ujg
Enforcer Final:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7yB3TwJkCU

DOWNLOAD:
Weapons Wad:
V1.0b http://www.sendspace.com/file/ou2knj
V1.0: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d6hstp

Feel free to leave comments or suggestions as they are always appreciated, I'd like to know what you have to say :)
Last edited by Indecom on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:30 am, edited 47 times in total.
X-CrAzYkInG-X

Re: QuakenDoom 2

Post by X-CrAzYkInG-X »

looks pretty gud. interesting work 8-)
Indecom

Re: QuakenDoom 2

Post by Indecom »

Thanks, i've been having issues uploading the png's saved from gzdoom, photobucket seems to enjoy adjusting the gamma all to hell, so i've converted the pics of the hyperblaster to gif format to preserve the brightness, not much color loss so it still looks pretty close. The Hyperblaster is just about done, just need to work on the automatic firing a bit more so it will shoot just one instead of having to pop out 3 for even just a quick click of the mouse.

Oh, and you can't tell from the screenshots, but the lasers coming out of the hyperblaster are 16 directional sprites, looks really good when they are coming from all directions.
TypeSaucy

Re: QuakenDoom 2: Weapons 19%, Youtube Link Added

Post by TypeSaucy »

you know, i thought the sprites just had 1 ready state, like it was riped wierdly. but this is crazy. i wasnt expecting that. nice job! im expecting a super shotgun and a railgun.
Indecom

Post by Indecom »

Hehe, nope, i use all frames of animation, so that means easily 30-60 ready frames per weapon. And you can expect to see ALL quake 2 weapons to be in this mod, as well as their ammo pickups, armor and health bonuses, and various other items.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Can we expect to see the weapons from Ground Zero and The Reckoning too? Would like to use the Ion Ripper on some imps :twisted:

Judging from the video the machinegun fires way too slow, and you can use an ACS library to make it jolt the players view up to simulate the recoil.

You may want to make the particles and projectiles look nicer, they may be accurate to Quake 2 in its original software mode, but they still look naff.
Indecom

Post by Indecom »

Well i'm mostly aiming to reproduce the quake 2 feel, my particles are fairly limited as i'm actually using custom missiles as my particles since particle code doesnt actually exist afaik in decorate. I've since sped up the machinegun's firing rate since the video, as well as some other changes with the other weapons.

As for the acs gun recoil, i just got that implemented after looking at the wad for hideous destruction. It works, but its a lil strange looking, though i think i can fix that.

EDIT:
Just completed the shotgun :) Now working on spinning their spawn states like in q2
Xim

Re: QuakenDoom 2: Weapons 40%, Youtube Link Added

Post by Xim »

Looks way to pixelized, especially the machinegun.
Indecom

Re: QuakenDoom 2: Weapons 40%, Youtube Link Added

Post by Indecom »

That's perfectly alright because i'm going to release an hd weapons sprite replacer later on after I finish these all.
Indecom

Re: QuakenDoom 2: Weapons 73%, Chaingun Finished!!

Post by Indecom »

Okay guys, there are now 8 weapons complete, and only 3 left to do. Some of these will need tweaking, and i still have to create proper bullet puffs and explosions and particles for them all since only a few of those are done, but i digress, progress is still pretty swift.

Also, a new Youtube video has been uploaded HERE!

This link has also been added to the first post.
TypeSaucy

Re: QuakenDoom 2: Weapons 73%, Second Video Link

Post by TypeSaucy »

the first mod related to Quake 2 that have grenades. :P
Indecom

Post by Indecom »

Haha really? i didnt know that, i figured this mod was the first of it's kind though, to attempt to completely and accurate reproduce all the weapons of q2 almost exactly as they are, or as close as i can get.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Nice stuff, noticed some things:

1. The chaingun firing rate isn't perfect, it should be way faster at its maximum
2. Grenades should explode when hitting targets, but also explode after a time limit if sitting on the floor
3. The railgun should not have a core, only spiral

Kepp up the good work :)
Indecom

Post by Indecom »

actually the railgun is supposed to look like this here:

I think in order to get that effect i'm going to have to edit the gzdoom/zdoom sources because the railgun code is actually built into the application and i can't change it, i can only define the 2 colors. As for the chaingun, i can't really increase the max speed as its going at 35 rounds per second, which is dooms max speed, whereas in quake 2 its 40 rounds per second. But i can increase the damage it deals.

Also, i knew about the grenade problem yesterday and i posted a question on how to achieve that effect in the editing subforum.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, keep them coming!
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

you want me to fix the grenade problem for ya? if so, pm me the code. unless you got it already.

edit: the railgun that almost every one made haunts me, it refires too fast or slow after it shoots.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”