Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Post by Remmirath »

Odd. :?

A friend of mine had these sprites too, but i thought he had a modified IWAD. So apparently, he did not.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

They were in very old versions of the IWAD (as were a couple of other graphics - eg a firball that looks a lot like the one used by Nanami's dark imp). These, I think, were bits of development garbage left over from the betas and they did get cleared out of the IWAD with newer patches. I *think* that the last version to have them was ver 1.2.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Having trawled through my collection of DOOM IWADs, it seems PBUL and PSHE were present in 1.1 and 1.2 and disappeared after that. I am sure they popped up in various PWADS and TCs; they're probably present in all of the shareware IWADs too. Interestingly enough, the FCAN sprites were in 1.666 onwards even though only DOOM2 used them.
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

So that might also be the fact that Phobus can't run PrBoom and Eternity properly, but i'm not totally sure about that. His IWADs may not be at version 1.9.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

I can almost gaurantee you that my Doom.wad is an older version. Probably 1.2. As for Doom2.wad - I've updated this in the last couple of years. I know it was at 1.666, but I think its now at 1.9 (the unlocked press-to-open bars in MAP02 aren't present anymore, but thats the only change I know of for sure). As I have Doom1.wad (Ultimate Doom), there is no worry about my Doom.wad as it is entirely obsolete and I only keep it for keepings sake. Likewise, it appears my plutonia and evilution wads are up to date (we got them with Final Doom), so I can always load up Doom2 projects in ports such as Eternity and prboom with those and it does work... though with a few incorrect resources at times.

@Enjay: I do indeed have those fireballs too. I don't think there are any other unused graphics though.
Last edited by Phobus on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

MartinHowe wrote:Interestingly enough, the FCAN sprites were in 1.666 onwards even though only DOOM2 used them.
The Mancubus fireballs appeared in doom.wad too (possibly 1.666 onwards again). I remember getting a deh patch that enabled the sprites as caco fireballs "back in the day" and I was most confused by them magically appearing in Doom. :lol:

IIRC, one of the offsets of the FCANs in doom.wad are messed up so it jumps around a bit when it animates.

@Phobus, I'm sure that there was a little green fireball or something else. I'll have to see if I can install my old IWAD and have a look.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Yes, there are the following in the old IWAD:

BAL3 (the Nanami imp one)
BAL4 (A green and yellow version of BAL3)
BAL5 (a small green fireball with a white-ish centre)
BAL6 (a small (totally) blue version of BAL5)
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Turns out you're right. BAL5 and 6 don't have exploding sprites in my version, although they would easily fit with BAL4 and 3's explosion sprites respectively.

I believe I've found the problem with my Doom2.wad too. It's probably considered a PWAD by the engines because I edited MAP29 back in 2005. Why do such a stupid thing, you ask! Simple really. Romero forgot to put in Player 2, 3 and 4 starts in the version I have, so I placed them in myself so my brothers and I could play the whole game through in co-op.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

I guess your talking about these? (and there's those bloody casings! Should have looked at this earlier!)

http://www.panelmonkey.org/sprite.php?id=1106&theme=3
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Enjay wrote:IIRC, one of the offsets of the FCANs in doom.wad are messed up so it jumps around a bit when it animates.
This is true. I remember someone pointing out this problem in Lost Episode, which confounded me to pieces because I didn't remember ever using a flaming barrel in any of the maps. It was one of the PSX ones, I think, so I just blamed them. :P
myselves

Post by myselves »

Before I go through all the work of ripping the hand sprites from Hexen's Fighter, I wanted to ask if anyone has ripped them and would be willing to share. If not, then I am more than happy to do the work.

Also, would anyone be interested in seeing this thermal detonator thingy finished?

Currently the model is about 99% complete; all I have left have to do is finish skinning it, but it's not really a something I have a real use for... so it'll probably just sit on my hard drive until I get sick of looking at it and delete it.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

I am looking for sprites that could be used for a Female Summoner in Hexen. I've tried, like 20 times using google to find stuff, but no avail. If anyone could find something, that would be very helpful.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Have you had a look in Daggerfall?
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

No, and I'm not sure where to look at Daggerfall sprites.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Someone extracted them all, uploaded them and provided a link on these boards but it was a good while ago. To be fair, the style of the sprites is not particularly consistent with Heretic but there are lots of female sprites.

There's also that Doom mod... what's it called "Vixens"? There could be something in there that you could use as a base.

Return to “Requests”