ScoreDoom 2.9Beta Release

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NovaDragon

Re: ScoreDoom 2.4 Final Release

Post by NovaDragon »

I must admit, I was certainlly further impressed by this release, I could play this thing for weeks straight and never get bored! With my new laptop, its time to try holyhell with this thing on easy lol. Im glad you included the infernodemon as that tops out as my new favorite enemy and i have to laugh at the segway zombie. That thing can always make me laugh seeing it roll around. I do have one gripe though and thats the gargoyle baron that i do believe replaces the hellknight class. I dont know what that thing is but it is seriously overpowered. I say this in the fact that if you get hit by the spikes, not only can it reap your health and nearly one hit you when you have 200% on EASY but its the fact you get stuck in it possibly leaving you for another combo. Not only that, the attack homs in on you making it worse to dodge and pretty much screwed unless your in a far open area. I understand its rare to find but still its a little overkill but maybe its just me. Otherwise I gotta say I love this mod and it will always be in my top favorites.=)
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Um, ok, this is annoying, no matter what i do it always says 'online mode disabled' when trying to play Hardcore mode, it was working yesterday, now it doesn't, this is pissing me off. I even deleted the ini to reset it, no effect, I checked program permissions, scoredoom isn't on the list at all, so I have no idea what's happening.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

@captaintoenail: This can happen for a variety of reasons.
Its possible that the hi score server is down, or for some reason you are not connecting to it. The host has gone down for hours at time once in a while.
Also if you changed your pwd on the scoredoom client, you will need to go to http://www.scoredoom.com/player.php and change it on the server too.
When you get that purple message on the HUD, go to the console, and page-up until you see the scoredoom error message. Almost invariably there will be something there. When you find it, post what you get back here and I will take a look at it.

@Novadragon: Thanks man, glad you like it. You are referring to the Golem, which in my version is *substantially* toned down from the original, believe it or not. I was debating about making this an archvile replacement, but instead I kept it as real tough hellknight replacement. Its indeed best to keep a wide berth from it, but I think once you get used to it's attack, it wont be too bad (hopefully), and it is 'only' 700HP.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

I've run into it myself. A lot. :(
Being stuck in place when it attacks you is a rather bad idea. Even the chaingun of the Spider Mastermind doesn't pin you in place.

And when I fight that thing in small areas, it's really annoying. It may have only 700 health, but it's invincible when it's hitting you with it's fog attack. :) Thats' what I call it.

It's invincible because you can't aim at it, nor hit it, because of that fog that hits you, locks you in place, and refuses to let you move away.

That's some bad coding. Whoever created it must have thought Contra without the Konami code on Hard was too easy! :)
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

"Your version of scoredoom is not compatible with the server", did you update it since yesterday, or has something horrible gone wrong at my end? I know that my computer completely locked up last night when I started Score Doom with Scythe II, it wouldn't even respond when I switched it off and back on again, but it works fine today - I suspect the computer overheated - could this have done anything? Do you recomend I redownload? :?
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

@CaptainToenail: Hmmn, wierd, no nothing got updated. Your problem is due to not having the correct gzscoredoom.pk3 or gzscoredoom.exe. (a checksum is calculated on bootup).
How do you load wads? I do recall that this problem may also occur if you dragn'dop wad files onto the gzscoredoom.exe file. Recommended way to load them is from a command line using -file, -deh. (alternatively with sd-addonpack in the skins directory).

I would try installing again as a last step solution. Let me know if this works for you. Perhaps one of your files got corrupted during the crash, but I dont see how that could of happened.

@DavidB1000&NovaDragon: Could you give me an example map and location in the map where I could see what you are talking about.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

It may not do the same for you, but Daniel01 and Daniel03 both spawn a fog golem, :) , in a very small area to get to the first key, the red key. On Level 7.

To download them, well, just google Neodoom, the first link should be Daniel's webpage. He's a good mapper, at least, I think so.

But yeah, there's a revenant and a hellknight in two cage like areas, as soon as you get in the red key room through the door.
This monster pins you like crazy against whatever, rendering it's owner unkillable because you can't hit it, nor can you do anything at all.
I don't even know if you can press the damn fire key. :(
All other monster attacks don't lock you in place.
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

lol Well the two level sets I encountered them were holy hell and garrulo. holy hell is a slaughter fest so I got trapped and pretty much everything annihilated me. In garrulo I think it was level 8 (whichever levels starts where you open a door and enter a large outside area with toxic pits). You eventually get to a barred area where you open the bars and enter a acid area. There are 2 hellknight class and one baron class enemy. The baron remain unchanged and you here a terminator activate. You also encounter the golem and he was the one that slaughtered me nearly instantly on hard. I normally wouldnt mind it in a open area but since its a small area you see it, that poses a problem. If its too problematic doing it that way, i suppose you could just use the summon command for one or summon hellknights until one appears. Otherwise it does provide a decent challenge when you see it.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Is using the AltHUD regarded as a cheat by Scoredoom? I enabled it and got bleep and a message telling me that my scores would not go online (I don't remember the exact wording). Every time that I have played since, there hasn't even been a hint that it would even try to put my scores on line (my game now automatically starts in AltHUD mode). I'm not that bothered about it, I'm just asking.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

RE: Golem complaints. I agree the potential for (almost literal) assrapery by this guy is annoying, especially in Hardcore. I will probably put in a fix for this on the weekend. I will need to redo all the addonpack hashcodes :roll: , but will keep the current hi-scores set, since I intend to keep the Golem (albeit modified).

@Enjay: To be honest I never have used the AltHud. Since SD is picky about what commands get called on startup, it is probably detecting it as a 'cheat', due to the way the alt hud is being implemented. Will look into this. There may be a workaround for using the alt hub. This is something Edward850 mentioned a while back, but I never got around to looking into.
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

You know I ran into a strange problem with Map02 of Eternal doom.And it only happens when I kill the Hell knight...
Spoiler:
Nix that...it's happened in Talosian Incident and Megawad in 2 weeks too.Always after I kill a hell knight!Weird.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

@ Cap. Proof: So it happens intermittently when you kill a hell knight? Can you kill some hell knights? Are you using the addonpack when it happens?
Is it only in those megawads? Thanks for any extra info.

Im going to be releasing an updated version of 2.4 fairly soon, along with an updated addonpack for the Golem fix. There will be a fix for the above problem too (if I verify it is a problem), as well as better zombie-soldier distributions, which IMO needed some tweaking.

EDIT: Playtested Map02, with eternal, both with and without the addonpack. Got to the area with the 3 hell knights, where 2 warp away. Seemed to Kill the regular hell knights ok. With the addonpack, 2 are replaced by obsidian statues which I didnt kill.
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

I dunno lemme try it out.

EDIT:Ok I tried it out.It seems that it only crashes when I'm connected to the server.When I'm playing offline it doesn't crash.And I got the wrong monster.It wasn't a Hell Knight it was a Baron of Hell.And I wasn't using the Addonpack.
1.I kill the Baron of Hell
2.The Announcer says "Flattened!" or something of that nature
3.Scoredoom CTD's

If it's any help these are the wads i'm using.
Lights.wad
Nashgore.wad
TalosL.wad
TalosM.wad
TalosG.wad

I'm going to try and run it without Nash's gore and I'll get back with you on it.

EDIT2:Ok I ran it without the Goremod installed and it seems to run fine.So nashgore isn't compatible with Scoredoom it seems.
Last edited by Captain Proof on Wed May 27, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Thanks for feedback. Surprised that nashgore crashes it w.o. the addonpack. But at least I can add that to the known problems section.
If I get the time I will see if I can put in a fix, since I'm updating the the exe anyway for the 1.24 update, but its unlikely, unless its a really simple fix.
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

Happy to help...I also noticed that Scoredoom doesn't recognize the -nointeraction flag when I was trying to test out Capt. Toenail's gore mod.

Return to “Game Engines”