Nash's Gore Mod

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Nerdking13

Re: Nash's Gore Mod

Post by Nerdking13 »

error: 404 not found!
****!
Setzer

Post by Setzer »

Nash wrote:It's still not ready for release. I am never satisfied with it and I learnt a lesson - if I'm going to release something, I'd better damn make sure it's 100% done the way I want it, instead of releasing an unfinished product and then find it in every other WAD without their authors ever giving me credit or even knowing where the original mod came from...
And here I am, guilty as charged.

When I first implemented your gore effects into my Zero Tolerance mod, I had no idea this was an unfinished product, not intended for use. It looked great at the time, and I did not realize this would go against your wishes. You are credited within the mod, no doubt, but is the inclusion of your enhancement problematic? I would hate to include anything of yours without your permission. I guess that's what happens when one makes assumptions.

It's not much, but might I offer to donate my modifications to your cause? I realize your current working version is probably not at all similar to the edition I used, but I've enhanced most of the original monsters and if you're interested in using anything I've done (cacodemon+archvile XDeaths and some modified gore-spurts from Arachnotrons, Fatsos, and the like), please feel free.

Either way, good luck with your work schedule, and have fun with it!
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

I wonder what happened to the link in the first page which doesn't work anymore? also any news on the latest version?
Nash

Post by Nash »

The file got lost when my host forgot to pay for his web hosting.

If someone has the original, unaltered version and would be kind enough to post it here, I'll reupload it at the same address so that the link on the first page would work.

As for the latest version... no, no news. I haven't worked on it for a very long time. And just as a reminder of why it's not out yet - I just don't feel it's ready yet. There's a ton of stuff that I want to add to it before I can finally call it a finished product... I don't want to make the same mistake of posting a WIP again.

EDIT: Whoa, I apparently missed Zero's post. Thanks for your offer, but I have my own XDeath sprites implemented for all monsters. I would love to see yours in action though. And about the whole mod ripping thing... well I guess the real issue here is that it was a WIP when I posted it, and before I got the chance to make an official release, pretty much everyone and their mom's WADs have it implemented, credited or not - what I'm worried about is, if I finally make an official release (probably even on idgames), new users would go "wtf is this mod, he ripped from <insert other mod here>"... that's my main gripe.

But anyway, the milk has been spilt.
Duducrazy

Post by Duducrazy »

Nash wrote:The file got lost when my host forgot to pay for his web hosting.

If someone has the original, unaltered version and would be kind enough to post it here, I'll reupload it at the same address so that the link on the first page would work.
Hey, Nash. here's the nashgore wad:

http://rapidshare.com/files/130969519/nashgore.rar.html
Nash

Post by Nash »

Unfortunately that's not the original file I posted back then. It was a ZIP and it had a text file clearly stating that it's not done yet. The text file is missing.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

[edit] temporary link to nashgore.wad removed: it's on Nash's site again

http://nash.wanzafran.com/doomstuff/nashgore.zip
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Yeah that's the one! Thanks Kappes Buur!

(Wow, can't believe it's been almost two years...)
The_Funktasm

Post by The_Funktasm »

Hate to seem like a thread necromancer, but whatever happened to this?
Davidos

Post by Davidos »

The_Funktasm wrote:Hate to seem like a thread necromancer, but whatever happened to this?

Apart from huge bump (No problem in my book though)

Last thing I heard is that Nash is still working on it and it's getting ready...
But I think he keeps adding new features, right?
The_Funktasm

Post by The_Funktasm »

Davidos wrote:

Apart from huge bump (No problem in my book though)

Last thing I heard is that Nash is still working on it and it's getting ready...
But I think he keeps adding new features, right?
I hope so.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Nash wrote:Yeah that's the one! Thanks Kappes Buur!
(Wow, can't believe it's been almost two years...)
Any chance of you producing something similar for HPack?
Nash

Post by Nash »

I don't know... hasn't Kinsie already done a "Heretic Enhanced"? Can't you just use that for HPack?

As for the actual mod itself - I've said it many times in the past - see a few posts up for more info. Basically, the next version will be released when I want it to be released.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Nash wrote:I don't know... hasn't Kinsie already done a "Heretic Enhanced"? Can't you just use that for HPack?

As for the actual mod itself - I've said it many times in the past - see a few posts up for more info. Basically, the next version will be released when I want it to be released.
*tsk* people can be so pushy, can't they? :nope2:
Jakizakiflaki

Post by Jakizakiflaki »

anyone can help me with my idea, this mod has 1 flying bloodtrail per hit
if u make healt 10 for example it has 10 per hit
i want try to make many different bloodtrails + bloodspots per hit since u can play with the scale of these things
but i have no clue how to do it :D
for example make 4 different bloodtrails per hit, with sizes like 100%/80%/60%/40% so i have different sizes of bloodtrails and spots :D
i just need some structure coz i have no clue how to change it in the wad

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”