ScoreDoom 2.9Beta Release

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dljosef

Re: ScoreDoom 2.3. Now with Hardcore Mode

Post by dljosef »

Would using weapon mods in online mode count as cheating? I'm checking to make sure, as I doubt I'd be using them myself when I actually play that mode.
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom 2.3. Now with Hardcore Mode

Post by BilboHicks »

dljosef wrote:Would using weapon mods in online mode count as cheating? I'm checking to make sure, as I doubt I'd be using them myself when I actually play that mode.
Not really, since scoredoom generates a hash-code from all the wads and patches you play with, so the config you would be playing with when using a weapons mod wouldnt show up on the main hi score table. It would have its own entry in the 'public' table.

If you look at the 'Extra Pwads & Patches' column, that will tell you what files you need to use and in what order. I should of made this a little less confusing, but you should have gzscoredoom configured to show the iwad selection dialogue box at startup, if not, the iwad needs to be loaded on the command line via '-iwad'. When playing with the sd-addonpack.wad, that should be in the skins directory, or loaded first after '-file', followed by the other pwads and patches. Patches, regardless of bex or deh, patches need to be loaded via '-deh'.

@Maelstrom: Thats funny. Yeah I was playing that way too, until I started constantly saving my progress through a level and re-loading to finally beat that damn Green Herring! ;-) I figure that Hardcore mode would really make a difference for bigger levels.
-----
EDIT: Updated to SD 2.3.1, emergency patch fix. Grab from usual.
BlackBlaze

Re: ScoreDoom 2.3.1 Now with Hardcore Mode

Post by BlackBlaze »

Heh, I quite like playing this new Arcade type mod of Doom. Real fun and enjoyable. BTW, I am the guy that set the score on Knee Deep In The Dead Ultra Violence Hardcore. To see my videos, go here:

⇩GZScoreDoom Videos⇩
ScoreDoom Videos

I will create more videos of this cool Doom modification soon.
BlackBlaze

Post by BlackBlaze »

Hmm, seems like a user named "Dragonsbrethren" defeated my score on "E1M2: Nuclear Plant"

Congrats to that person. But it shall not last. I must reclaim my position as the hi score man on that stage.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I played The Rebirth with the addon pack, but I was stuck in map14 (I have no idea how to get the blue keycard)

Btw, I'll definitely try to be the highscore dude in the Consoledoom levels.

Edit: My final score for Consoledoom is 536610. (I lost count on how many deaths it took me to get past Map28 to get to maps 26 and 27, though.)
BlackBlaze

Post by BlackBlaze »

I shall tackle ConsleDoom scores soon. I am focused on The Ultimate Doom levels first. I shall be GOD TIER of ScoreDoom! :twisted:
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

@BlackBlaze - Well good luck getting through Map28 with the add-on pack then, as there's a friggin' Pyro Demon right at the very start. (This is assuming if you do play it with that pack.)
BlackBlaze

Post by BlackBlaze »

Wat! Pyro Demon?? MADNESS!!! I always play with addon pack.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Ok... the megawads I have beaten so far: Consoledoom.

Megawads I haven't been able to beat yet: The Rebirth (I'm stuck in map14 because I can't find a way to get that blue key) and Revolution (I have no idea how to get to the secret exit)
BlackBlaze

Post by BlackBlaze »

Heh. I think I will probably go in order perhaps. Beat Ultimate Doom. Next Doom 2. Then Final Doom. After that, play some megawads and other wads.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Hi guys,

The final version of Scoredoom is going to be released (hopefully) this weekend, or just thereafter. Unfortunately, I will probably be resetting add-on-pack hi scores, but on the up side this will be the last time the scores get reset!
So it may be worthwhile to wait till the new version is out.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Before you update, could you push back the update and update ScoreDoom to the latest GZdoom SVN (if its at-all possible)?
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Hey Edward,
Yeah, I know, I've promised in the past to upgrade to the latest version in SVN. I figured my motivation for continually working and learning with this project would keep increasing, but I've sort of hit a wall with it, for various reasons, one being that I'm pretty much happy with its current state. Besides the lack of motivation factor, 1. I'm happy to be on a relatively stable build of gzdoom, and 2.the effort with merging my code, due to poor decisions when I first started working on the mod, due to a lack of familiarity with the codebase.

Saying that, I'm trying to finish the final release on a high. There are a ton of new monsters in the release, thanks to the folks here. The add-on pack has been tweaked even more for balance (monsters buffed down (Azazel for instance) and others buffed up a bit). Full support for Heretic & HACX (keys fixed). The chaingun now has a double-speed altfire option, and the plasmarifle has a railgun shot altfire option.

People can try the preview beta here:
http://files.filefront.com/gzscoredoom2 ... einfo.html

(copy the files in the archive over a prexisting install)

Im particularly interested in feedback for the altfire for the plasmarifle, in terms of weapon balance. It consumes 10 cells per shot, does 100 damage and there is a delay to compensate for its destructive power. Any suggestions are welcome.

Other than that Im working on a small addition for the hi score server, which will allow players to add a profile image, and small bio, if they so wish. Also the profile will list all the hi wad and level hi scores they hold on the server.
Going to delay the release by a week or so.
BlackBlaze

Post by BlackBlaze »

Ok. I shall wait for the real release to make a debut. Thats fine if the scores get resetted. I been training anyway so I SHALL BE ON TOP! Heh, GL players.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

A bit late, but I'll give the newer beta a go for you.

Anything else you'd want to add to this?
Also, I hate those plant monsters. :)

Return to “Game Engines”