Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Mr.Green

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Beta released. First post

Post by Mr.Green »

Yay! :D
Ghastly,that's good job.
I found this wad...it can fit well to Shotgun ZSec.Recolor it a bit and ta da :)
Credits go to fellow named Chainmail
http://rapidshare.com/files/207623075/z ... n.wad.html
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Thanks, but the Shotgun ZSec is almost done, anyway, so another sprite set for it won't help. :P

Anywho, I think a more authentic edit for the Mancubus could be fairly easily done. The existing Mancubus edit looks like it has a trunk and tusks, and from the screenshots I put in this thread, it's a tube that goes directly into the chest, and a pair of tentacles that looks like tusks.

So, adding those facial features, adding those pegs in the upper arm (optional, but a nice feature, in the edit) and removing the wires on the original Mancubus, and it should be done. Anyone want to try that? :P

I could also use a melee animation for it, but that would probably be tough, so I don't really need it.
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

Would next beta include Captain Toenail's zombies?
I really need them in my projects. :3:
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

btw, i guess i havnt commented the beta yet, but i must say that the cacodemon and wraith was really epic :D keep up the great work.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Mr.Green wrote:Would next beta include Captain Toenail's zombies?
They need a pretty fair amount of work, actually. The color was a little flat, it "moved like Mr. Burns" and it's 25% smaller than it should be.
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

.+:icytux:+. wrote:cacodemon and wraith was really epic :D
Indeed :)
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

I liked the Trite a little more than the rest, although they were all good, overall.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

I thought the trite we came up with wasn't D3-accurate.

@Ghastly: Dude, the beta is SWEET! That Cacodemon is pretty nice. I love the flying animation. Very classic... :)
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Blade3327 wrote:I thought the trite we came up with wasn't D3-accurate.

@Ghastly: Dude, the beta is SWEET! That Cacodemon is pretty nice. I love the flying animation. Very classic... :)

It was from what I remember (it's been a while since I played the game.) Although it had a tendency to chip away too much health at once, but overally it seemed to act like it's Counterpart.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

eh? what's going on here!

i need to download this :3:

sorry ghastly lol, ill get on the zsec, I got GIMP so and PAINT.NET, still like my photoimpression but cant go small on the brushes for it. (gotta do X2, but I'm trying to avoid that lol). Also its safe to say i just finished cutting out all the parts for the bruiser :D. Now to put the puzzle pieces together! :blergh:

and ghastly, do you have my imp files? can't find my flash drive, finally found some new program with some useful plug-ins that may help rotate and auto detect blah blah my needs.

That should of been done a YEAR AGO!
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

any chance of making a new arachnotron or spidermastermind? doom3's biggest problem was it didnt have them in it.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Hey, we're making the sprite versions of the monsters from Doom 3!
AlwaysDoomed wrote:They had no spiders in Doom 3, so you should make them!
o_O
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

they got concept art on it and plus, i remember seeing a arachnotron monster made by someone for doom3 or was it a spidermastermind. if you know what im talking about that would be a great monster to bring from doom3 to doom.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I know about the concept art and about the Doom 3: Phobos mod. The point is that it's not a monster from Doom 3 anyway. Instead, there's the vagary.

You could ask for the "birdman" demon as well while you're at it.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

Well, I have Ghastly this, and this is what we concluded and it makes sense. Right now we going to concentrate on official monsters then move to secondary such as a fully organic pinky and spider mommy and baby and a pain elemental ( my early drawing had 2 different kinds 1 machine/zombie other fully spirit for forgotten ones..) anyways those are not going to worked on until we finish the monster pack.

You know even though the doom books sucked, its very similar to doom 3 description..its like they combine all the dooms (1,2 duh! 64, books) in a melting pot and got some solid monsters...

lol

Statues:
-Will work on zombie,
-Bruiser might be firstly done.
-No wait imp, that has been 80% finished for like ever!
-Reverent chest ill get the base rotation the rest is fairly manageable to who ever did that 1 sprite
-Cherub, need a good face still.

Return to “Resources”