ScoreDoom 2.9Beta Release

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
edward850

Re: ScoreDoom 2.0. Now with Online Hi Score Tables

Post by edward850 »

Also, the mapinfo is still ignored (Ultimate simplicity), which means you can still jump in it, when the mapinfo lump clearly forces it off.
Your scoring system should ignore titlemap. Its kind of stupid that it seems to check it.
Scripted marines seem to have their sprites replace with rocket frames (Sonic Doom is a good example).
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom 2.0. Now with Online Hi Score Tables

Post by BilboHicks »

edward850 wrote:Also, the mapinfo is still ignored (Ultimate simplicity), which means you can still jump in it, when the mapinfo lump clearly forces it off.
Your scoring system should ignore titlemap. Its kind of stupid that it seems to check it.
Scripted marines seem to have their sprites replace with rocket frames (Sonic Doom is a good example).
For this release dmflags are forced to zero, though I plan to allow level mapinfo flags in the next release. Titlemap will be filtered as well. The scripted marine problem is something which I dumbly added when I first started working with the source code. That should be an easy fix though.
Other than that, I plan to tweak the 'cheat' detection code (accidentally hitting the console button will not penalize you, nor setting certain CVARS from the menu, all which require a restart), as well as hopefully adding encryption to the save game files.
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom 2.1. Now with Online Hi Score Tables

Post by BilboHicks »

After some feedback, I've updated to 2.1...
download from the usual url: http://www.scoredoom.com
You will need this version to use online hi scoring. Also you will need the 2.1 add-on pack to post scores for add-on pack levels supported by the hi score server.

This will be my last version for the foreseeable future, due to other responsibilities. I will try and fix any critical bugs, if found though.

I plan to also add more wads to the scoredoom 'official' hi score table. Especially smaller wads with 1 or several maps (like Deus Vult), which I think online hi scoring lends probably itself to better.

Due to time constraints I will probably release the hi score server code 'as is' very soon. It has all the features that I want for my own use. Like I mentioned this will allow private hi score servers to be password protected from untrusted players/cheaters, which is probably the way to go, since its ultimately impossible to stop a dedicated hacker/cheater, unless you pay for ssl certs and add even more encryption etc...

Anyways, sorry for the waffling, here is the list of major changes in 2.1:

Changes in 2.1
Now enforces any dmflags set in a wad level's MAPINFO, if found.
A dialogue box is now shown on first run instructing the player to change their player name & scoredoom online server password.
Refinement of the anti-cheat code, since some people complained:
(i)Toggling the console is allowed now.
(ii)Usage of certain menu options will now *not* disable online hi scoring before the first level is played.
(iii)An extra check for sv_cheats during the game.

AScriptedMarine class is finally fixed (for example, in the Sonic Doom intro, you will now see a proper marine and not a rocket! ;-)
+gennodes 1 is allowed on the command line, which allows levels like Hellfact.wad MAP04 to be played wihout resorting to cheating.
+compatflags is also allowed.

Hi Score Server code has been updated to not post TITLEMAP level scores :-)
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom 2.2. Now with Online Hi Score Tables

Post by BilboHicks »

Uploaded the hi score server files 'as is' for people interested in running their own private hi score servers (with restrictions: see readme).

After playtesting with online hi scoring, I decided to revert to THE oldskool chain bonuses (+5 minimum instead of +12 minimum) since Doom's inherent randomness can make missing chain bonuses too punishing the way it was in 2.1, which can result in a save-game fest.

Other than that, SD2.2 supports new monsters from Realm 667's beastiary.

download from usual : http://www.scoredoom.com
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Was just playing this testing to see if my scores appear online, while my scores in every other difficulty appear, those in Nightmate do not. So if I get a higher score then somebody on the table while in Nighmare difficulty it doesnt update it. Is there a particular reason for this or is it just a bug.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Maelstrom wrote:Was just playing this testing to see if my scores appear online, while my scores in every other difficulty appear, those in Nightmate do not. So if I get a higher score then somebody on the table while in Nighmare difficulty it doesnt update it. Is there a particular reason for this or is it just a bug.
Yes this is deliberate, since in Nightmare monsters respawn indefinitely.
Mind you, if a level is played long enough, even on Nightmare, the par penalty will end up reducing your score to zero eventually, but the hi scoring is meant for regular Doom gameplay. Of course UV is the optimum skill level then for the highest scores.

btw, The guy to try and beat I've found so far, is The Green Herring. The only way I could finally beat his score in v 2.1 in E1M1, was saving strategically throughout the level to make sure I kept my chain bonuses going. This prompted me to revert to the oldskool chain bonuses for v2.2 which are not so punishing should you miss them.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Yeah with Nightmare I had like 1200 more points then him, but then again I guess thats fair enough that Nightmare scores don't count. Closet I've been to beating that score is 100 or so short.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Maelstrom wrote:Yeah with Nightmare I had like 1200 more points then him, but then again I guess thats fair enough that Nightmare scores don't count. Closet I've been to beating that score is 100 or so short.
Yeah and I wiped the hi-scores from 2.1, so he is using the v2.2 'oldskool' chain bonuses (+ 5 min vs +12 min) for the current hi scores.
I havent tried beating his score yet on v2.2.

I'm going to release another quick patched version, probably tonight, v2.2b, which will fix score doom par times for wads like Return from Oblivion, which give absurdly low par times, since the monsters are spawned after the map is loaded and are not taken into account for sd par times.
2.2b will finally take account of the number of sectors in a map, *if* the current par time calculation gives a par time lower than expected for the number of sectors in the map.

The hi score server will support both v2.2 & v2.2b and the current hi scores will remain, but its recommended to have 2.2.b ;-)
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Ok cool, just wondering why Heretic isn't a server recognized wad. It's in the public one, I was just thinking maybe Heretic and Hexen should be Server recognized wads.
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom 2.2b. Now with Online Hi Score Tables

Post by BilboHicks »

Maelstrom wrote:Ok cool, just wondering why Heretic isn't a server recognized wad. It's in the public one, I was just thinking maybe Heretic and Hexen should be Server recognized wads.
Good point. I think they should definitely be added, along with the Hexen expansion pack. Will be adding them soon.

SD 2.2b has been uploaded. This gives much better sd par times for TeamTNT's Return from Oblivion and wads like Eternal.

Get from usual : http://www.scoredoom.com
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Cool, awesome, do i need to re-download the add-on pack, I'm assuming no. Since it seems to be the exact same file.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Nah, no need to download the add-on pack. Congrats, I see the green herring has some competition :-)
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

I'm quite determined to beat his high scores :)
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom 2.3. Now with Hardcore Mod

Post by BilboHicks »

Updated to SD 2.3
Get from the usual place: http://www.scoredoom.com

SD now supports two online modes 'Regular' & 'Hardcore'.
Regular mode is the same as 2.2b, whereas Hardcore mode only allows autosaves... so each level needs to be played from start to finish w.o. any saving allowed to post a score.

The hi score server has separate hi score tables for both modes. 2.2b is still supported by the server.

Taking a hiatus from the mod for the forseeable future, but will eventually get around to fixing any reported bugs ;-)
Maelstrom

Re: ScoreDoom 2.3. Now with Hardcore Mode

Post by Maelstrom »

Awesome but I mainly play like Hardcore mode anyway lol, I rarely save in a level, just at the start of each one.

Return to “Game Engines”