[Project]Hexen II Monsters

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: [Project]Hexen II Monsters

Post by Ghastly »

Alright, if you start on that, use the Stone Golem, in the beta, as the base. I recolored all the other golem variants from it (the other variants would be murder, recoloring from each other).

Personally, though, I think the Golems are good enough, and there are other things, like the Fallen Angels, that are more important.
Last edited by Ghastly on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

EDIT : REMOVED
Last edited by Mr.Green on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

The recolor looks too yellow, mayes it almost look like a yellowish green. Try a more brown-yellow saturation, since Heretic/Hexen both have that color.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Damn, I wish you were wrong. :lol:

I just tested it out, and it a darker color does look better, so I have to do the recolor again. I'll keep the current one as a Gold Golem, for something, and probably recolor it's jewel/eyes to blue.
oODemonologistOo

Post by oODemonologistOo »

That recolor looks too good to be wasted, you're doing the best move by keeping it. Will you add the helmet to them too?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

If someone adds the shoulderpads and helmet to the Stone Golem, I'll update all 4 variants, but I think there're a few things more important, than adding a detail like that.

Edit:
Better?
oODemonologistOo

Post by oODemonologistOo »

Definitely. It looks much bronzish than it was.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:If someone adds the shoulderpads and helmet to the Stone Golem, I'll update all 4 variants, but I think there're a few things more important, than adding a detail like that.

Edit:
Better?
much! :D
printz

Post by printz »

Characters like the Doom marine or Strife acolyte have some armor that with little modification may resemble plate suitable for golems.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Bronze Golem's done! After I finish the Shadow Wizard, I'll release another beta. :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Hmm... what engine are you using for your Hexen2 screenshots? I am looking for a good Hexen2 sourceports now for ages :(
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

GL Hexen 2. Looks pretty good, but some of the models in PoP are a little scrambled, though. I'm trying to find a way to fix that.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Tormentor667 wrote:Hmm... what engine are you using for your Hexen2 screenshots? I am looking for a good Hexen2 sourceports now for ages :(
What's the problem with Hammer of Thyrion?
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:GL Hexen 2. Looks pretty good, but some of the models in PoP are a little scrambled, though. I'm trying to find a way to fix that.
nuke your .ms2 files before starting poop
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

Gez wrote:What's the problem with Hammer of Thyrion?
For me, it doesn't play music in Linux (SDL's MIDI support is broken, and it tries to use analog playback for CD audio, which is not supported on drives these days), and the shadows are all screwy. Not to say other source ports are any better, but that's my main beefs with it.. :P

Oh, and it's sound support in general is completely screwed (it's completely broken if it doesn't get a power-of-two buffer size from the audio backend, which for me requires a direct hardware voice, and that blocks other apps from playing sound). It could use OpenAL instead to avoid those problems..

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”