[Sprites] Hexen + Heretic Weapons (New Hellfire Gem P.1)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
CaptainToenail

Re: [Resource] Hexen + Heretic Weapons Resource

Post by CaptainToenail »

Wow excellent, another weapon to bludgeon monsters to death with! The Cleric's mace was one of my favourite weapons, this could be even better :)
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

I imagine a mod that primary fire is an attack with a melee weapon, and secondary fire a shield to protect from similar attacks.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Added the remade version of DE's Soul Reaver weapon for Ep2. I always wanted to remake that weapon, since it looks kinda crappy. I'm in the process of redoing some of EP2's weapons (the ones that look outdated - Probably the Hellforge Cannon). Not sure if I want to add that white lightning effect on the firing frame from the first version or not. O_o

Despite being a Doom-mod weapon, i think it will fit into Heretic and Hexen, there shouldn't be too many unique colors, so it should paste correctly in most games. I've included the base, for easy recoloring needs.
Gez

Re: [Resource] Hexen + Heretic Weapons (New Soul Reaver Up! P.1)

Post by Gez »

By the way, have you seen this?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Heh, "Erius."

Anywho, now I'm torn between using the old Soul Reaver (since it, apparently, won't be in Demon Eclipse anymore), the new Soul Reaver, or the Blood Scepter. :P
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Heh, "Erius."

Anywho, now I'm torn between using the old Soul Reaver (since it, apparently, won't be in Demon Eclipse anymore), the new Soul Reaver, or the Blood Scepter. :P
Bloodscepter definitely looks a lot better than the old SR.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Be that as it may, I've always liked the old Soul Reaver's design, even if you didn't. Heck, my sister (an illustration major), hates a lot of her work that I like. :lol:
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Honestly, I perfer the old one's as well, since the new one looks too much like the Bloodscourge and there's already a Bloodscourge look alike in Demon Eclipse. Still, your call.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Some good resources in here, and a useful link! But the sunstaff has so many animations I'm not sure how to use them all! The pulsating center seems to be 'idle' but the top four don't fit in brightness-wise, and do we need all of the 'filled and brighter' ones for the firing animations?

I like alot of the weapons here - though the 'Demon Eclipse' Red Sword by Eriance deserves a place here, too (though with a warrior's gauntlet holding it). Hell I could modify it myself - if only I could find the original sprites....
Medricel

Post by Medricel »

CodenniumRed wrote:'Demon Eclipse' Red Sword by Eriance deserves a place here, too (though with a warrior's gauntlet holding it).
Are you talking about the red crystal sword? That's a weapon for Hellion.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Eriance, that's simply impressive!
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

CodenniumRed wrote:I like alot of the weapons here - though the 'Demon Eclipse' Red Sword by Eriance deserves a place here, too (though with a warrior's gauntlet holding it). Hell I could modify it myself - if only I could find the original sprites....
I am already working on this.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Medricel wrote:
CodenniumRed wrote:'Demon Eclipse' Red Sword by Eriance deserves a place here, too (though with a warrior's gauntlet holding it).
Are you talking about the red crystal sword? That's a weapon for Hellion.
He means the vorpal blade, from DE-Ep2.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

neoworm wrote:
CodenniumRed wrote:I like alot of the weapons here - though the 'Demon Eclipse' Red Sword by Eriance deserves a place here, too (though with a warrior's gauntlet holding it). Hell I could modify it myself - if only I could find the original sprites....
I am already working on this.
It'd be cool if you could change the glowing effect to that of your modfied fighter axe as well, instead of just that "outer-glow" effect i used in photoshop. :lol: I was gonna change it, but laziness as so far gotten the best of me; then again I was gonna resprite the entire weapon since I didn't like the original design too much.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Ooh, Eriance, do you think you could make a large Sun projectile sprite? I want to make something that uses that Sun Staff.

Return to “Resources”