ZDoom: LSC Weapons pack V3 Ready for Download!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lolo_is_cool

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V2: NEEDS new weapons (New release!)

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

maybe it's because i didn't remove their names on the chaingun spawn :biggrin: :biggrin: :P
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Well, here's a quick run down so far with the second version.

M3 shotgun: Nice, though, due to it's power, it might need to use 2 shells.
Magnum: It's power level is over 9000! No, not really, but it's really powerful. Also, it fires chaingun bullets? They would either jam the barrel or explode, or not even fire...

M-60: Awesome, although it seems to be firing .50 cal round instead of it's standard 7.22 MM rounds. Or, did it fire 5.56? I don't know.
But um, after watching Rambo, I'd dare say it's a little more powerful then it should be. At least tone down on the gibbing. :)
Also, wow, the most powerful kick in the world. :) No, really, while it's recommended to move while firing it, that's mostly so in real life, you don't have it break your hands/or fly out of them.
I suggest toning down the kick a little. Or something. It's powerful, but any weapon that makes you dizzy, is not a good weapon.
Smg/Dual SMG: Well, it's not that bad of a weapon, a little weakish.
"Quake 2 nailgun:": Um, this is the ugliest gun in history. No, really, Quake 2 didn't even have nailguns, so I really can't figure out the name
Razor Jack: Interesting, Seems to be a little powerful on it's alt-fire of flaming saw death, although not being able to kill an imp with it is very annoying if I don't hit it right. Same thing with sergeants. Suggestion, increase it's damage to M-60 status. Because let's face it, giant flying saw blades are going to kill you dead.
Pitchfork: Um, not so much new, as the default weapon for some odd reason. It's a bit weird to have to switch to the pistol when you start a map. Also, Berserk has no effect on it.
-2 points for consistency
All in all, not bad weapons, but balance is needed a little.
Also, what's this Quake 4 shotgun thing? Is that the weapon that replaces the shotgun, or is that another one?
Shotgun: Again, it's a showstopper, in a good way. I think it can damage tanks. I.E. it's a little powerful. I suggest making it a little more powerful than the normal shotgun, while keeping the M3 the better of the two.

Uh-oh! I found a big bug. If you have the Razor Jack, and pick up another one, the game crashes with an error message about an access violation. :( This happens no matter how you spawn it. Using the Summon command, looking for it on a map. This is very bad. i'll go update the SVN and see if that works.
Nope, it's still bombing to desktop giving fatal error messages, etc. You'll really need to fix this.
Otherwise someone will have to constantly save their game just to make sure they don't lose too much progress when they crash immediately upon picking it up.
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

i have something to clarify david:
-the kick was removed (also pitchfork)
-the razorjack was removed
-the magnum will be removed, since the hands aren't the same of caleb's
-m3 removed
-smg replaced with the q3machinegun
-quake 2 has nailguns (in the expansions) and it's not ugly :Angry:
-the q4shotgun doesn't replace the shotgun
-it never happened that it made error while taking a second razorjack
so, thwe bug you reported were already fixed :thumb:
Last edited by Lolo_is_cool on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Um? What? Oh, I see.
I'm going to go check out the newer update then. Also, I liked the M3. :)
The quake 2 nailgun from the expansions just looks ugly, Period.

Um, there's still the M3, and the Razorjack in the updated download. Are you certain you removed all these things? Because I'm trying, but I can't find an updated version of this mod at all. Your download links go to V2, with a upload date of 2/15/09, and when I downloaded it, the date of the file said. 2/18/09. Which is today, so that's not the point.

So, what am I doing wrong? Because the M3, the RazorJack, which did crash the game, and a few other things are still there. PLease help me out.
-it never happened that it made error while taking a second razorjack
Also, I can assure you, it does crash the game when I pick up a second Razor Jack.
I've never had an LSD trip. so I assure you, it did happen to me.
Ugh, that bug is annoying. I can't play it if the game fatally errors out if I don't watch what I'm picking up. Also, it might make some levels totally impossible.
Also,
so, thwe bug you reported were already fixed
That's good, but unfortunately, I can't find any updated file. Did you forget to upload it? :)
Imp Hunter

Post by Imp Hunter »

Lolo_is_cool wrote:-the kick was removed (also pitchfork)
-the razorjack was removed
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/darthvader]
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

oh, and i gave a new class here, Caleb. some of you already found out that he put in Caleb, but there's gonna be a new Caleb (which means that he's gonna move like the real deal). :)
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

the fixed bugs will be in the 3rd version of this weapons pack :wink:

EDIT: important announce!!!!
In this wad there will be a Motobike!!
Here:
the motobike can be found on the chainsaw class.
fire: vroooom :D
altfire: reverse
P.S. i decreased the speed of the Player to make the moto with an approptiate speed to run on the maps :)
DavidB1000

Re: [WIP] LSC Weapons pack V2: announced the Caleb motobike

Post by DavidB1000 »

Well, then, because I don't have this new version, and until I do, I can't play the game, because the Razor Jack is broken. It immediately crashes the game the exact moment you step on a second one on the ground.

I haven't tried IDKFA, to see it that blows up the game too. Holy Crap! Major Bug, typing IDKFA causes it to crash as well. Okay, that's not so major, but it proves that it's a big bug. You need to fix this. As it stands, version 2 is unplayable if you're in a map that has a razor jack spawn. Like CC2 and all others, ever that have been made.

A major crashing bug that easily replicated necessitates the immediate release of a fix for it. That's just good practice. If you're interested, I have uploaded the crashreport.zip.
I don't know anything about computer code, but still.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(14.96 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

DavidB1000 wrote:Well, then, because I don't have this new version, and until I do, I can't play the game, because the Razor Jack is broken. It immediately crashes the game the exact moment you step on a second one on the ground.

I haven't tried IDKFA, to see it that blows up the game too. Holy Crap! Major Bug, typing IDKFA causes it to crash as well. Okay, that's not so major, but it proves that it's a big bug. You need to fix this. As it stands, version 2 is unplayable if you're in a map that has a razor jack spawn. Like CC2 and all others, ever that have been made.

A major crashing bug that easily replicated necessitates the immediate release of a fix for it. That's just good practice. If you're interested, I have uploaded the crashreport.zip.
I don't know anything about computer code, but still.
i'm not dumb.... if i knew that there was this bug (that never appeared with me) i wouldn't upload it for the Download....
maybe you don't have the latest SVN..
Last edited by Lolo_is_cool on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

@DavidB1000
i don't see where's the problem dude.... id doesn't make any error. i tried IDKFA and othing happens.... i spawned more than a razorjack and nothing happens.
i picked up more than a razorjack and nothing happens!! :|
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

Lolo_is_cool wrote:the fixed bugs will be in the 3rd version of this weapons pack :wink:

EDIT: important announce!!!!
In this wad there will be a Motobike!!
Here:
the motobike can be found on the chainsaw class.
fire: vroooom :D
altfire: reverse
P.S. i decreased the speed of the Player to make the moto with an approptiate speed to run on the maps :)
you know, if you pick up this weapon, and his skin or sprites change, i'd say this the first mod to have skin change over a weapon (i think). :thumb:
and david, its because you probably have the use-to-been-the latest version of gzdoom, zdoom, or gzdoom SNV.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

I just recently updated the SVN to 1424M. So, please tell me how I'm the only one with this error? That is the latest SVN version. There are no more newer than this.

PLease, tell me how I can be the only one with this error? Please. It makes no sense that my computer fails to accept me getting more than one of this weapon? It just makes no sense. I'll go reset my ini file, but still, it doesn't make sense that I'm the only one who has this.
It's not logically possible.

Sorry, this really doesn't make sense. I deleted the ini file, and everything was reset to default, and bam, still instant crash upon picking up another razor jack. THis doesn't make sense at all!?!
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

than i have no idea what are you talking about, david. it works fine in my PC.
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

@X-CrAzYkOoL-X
lol, not really... Dudukrazy made it already. it changes skin when the player takes a "portable" spaceship. personally, i think that his mod is better than mine :)
also, it would be funny to have a motobike to use going around doom maps and killing demons just accelerating aginst them :lol:
and caleb on a motobike.... who ever saw him on a motobike XD??
@DavidB1000
you are the only one who reported the """"""""bug"""""""".
or you don't have the REAL svn or you pc has probelms :|
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

I assure you, I have the real SVN, unless the SVN repository has failed, or the auto compiled binaries failed.. Mind you, this happened with an earlier SVN. and my computer being the problem may be likely, but still, it falls under the catagory of a meteor striking me on the head has a thousand times the chance. :)
I put up a psudeo-bug report in the General forum, so hopefully, someone will explain to me how the freaking hell this causes a access violation error and CTD immediately. It doesn't make any sense!

Also, you don't need 8 asterisks. You can just say, "Bug."
It looks a little condescending...otherwise.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”