ÆoD (6.06.02 (03-14-16))

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
NovaDragon

Re: ÆoD (4.21 patch: jan-14-2009)

Post by NovaDragon »

lol im pretty sure i wasnt on Acid although i can't garuntee anything with working at a gas station.

Anyhow the user avatar i had (had to get one) is the screenshot i was going to post with the dead end at the end of the cyber hall. The file was still 23,262 large but the other part of this level is missing and instead replaced by that black sign. Anyhow I will stop harping about it, just wondered if it was something with Aeons or not.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

OKay, this is weird then. I can't help you, but it seems like you have somehow receieved a broken version of AV, because even though I'm noclipping all over, all I see is an Arachantron on the ledge with three boxes of shotgun shells, and the yellow key.

Sorry, ichor, but there's no Spider Mastermind up there at all. Just a baby one. Are you sure you didn't remeber wrong? On Ultra violence. I checked again, this is the one from the Arcilves, and it shows the Yellow Skull Key on top of a huge hill, and an aranchotron guarding it. Three boxes of shells + a Spider Mastermind would be kind of mean. :)

to Nova, Like I said, this is weird. Could you warp to that level and compare monster count on Ultra-violence, mine is 498 without Aeons loaded. If yours is something different. Something is broken.
Ichor, does any of this madness make sense to you? Would the AV team leave something like that in as a joke? I mean, I've thought I'd seen it all.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

This is here on skills 3-5. The arachnotron you saw is on skills 1 and 2.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

WTF? I'm playing on Skill 4. Ultra-violence. Everything tells me I'm playing on Ultra-violence, how the fuck does an anarchotron replace the spider? How?
Sorry, but Ichor, this makes no sense. Everything I see is telling me I'm playing on Skill 4. Ultra-violence. Set skill 4, kill, start a new game, you name, I've done it countless ways, and not once has a Spider Mastermind shown up. There are also three shotgun shell boxes. In the nearest room, there are like 12 imps and a few chaingunners? Right?
The hell is going on here? Are you playing the one from Id Games archive? This really doesn't make sense. How do I tell if my copy of Zdoom is somehow messing things up?
Last edited by DavidB1000 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

It might be set to only appear on coop/single player games? Also sometimes on random monster wads monsters do not appear if they are too wide for their surrounding spawn area, which happens a lot with Spider Mastermind replacements in another multi monster mod (Heirachy of Chaos)
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

That's true, but this is with AV by itself, no mods, no nothing. I got confused, so I decided to play without anything, just plain vanilla Zdoom + Alien Vendeta. Does this make any sense? Ichor, how can I be broken? I'll go try Doom 2 itself, and see if the spider demon is on level 6.
Sorry, the Spider Mastermind is still there on Level 6, so either the ID games archive is broken somehow, or you have a different version? How can I spawn Co-op to test it? and would sv_cheats even work then? It will be hard to get there to see it if I'm dead.
Also, what happened to the pillar that's right next to you? There's supposed to be a largish pillar there, or obelisk. At least on mine. What the heck is the upload limit? 34k?
Last edited by DavidB1000 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Ok, I just downloaded it again and tried it. This time it's an arachnotron. Apparently I had an older, or maybe newer copy (the music on the first map is different as well).
Last edited by Ichor on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Ok, this is really weird, I checked map20 in Doombuilder, there is No Spidermastermind there, and no teleport destinations nearby for it to teleport in, but I remember one being there when playing in coop mode online in Skulltag, also it is the same in the fix AV20.wad. There must be multiple versions of the AV wad about.

Edit: oh you sorted it :roll:
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Hmn, You know, you're probably right. I got the one from the archive. :) Not AV2.0 or something.
Oh, and sorry about freaking out. Scared by sentient wad files. :)
Any idea about this?
Oh, how about the weirdness Nova Dragon posted, does that make any sense to you? I mean, a wall that says. "Out of order, need coffee?" does that make any sense to you? and the yellow key not existing? I'm confused.
Let's see, there are 498 monsters on the map, Nova, can you tell us if that's the same. Because unless AV.wad somehow randomly changes itself every five minutes on your computer, this makes no sense.
Last edited by DavidB1000 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

You'd think there was only one copy, but well...there isn't. The one on idgames is the "official" one I suppose. The one I had was from around 2004, and I long forgot where that came from.
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

Yeah i checked the monster count and it sits at 344. I have two versions but neither one of them have that area on Misri Halek.
Rather the yellow key just rests next to that sign. I know the pic you see at the ending when its cycling through the monsters, that was the area that appeared once when i was playing through Aeons and I kept the same version of Av ever since. I did change the Aeons version as well as the source port but that shouldnt matter i wouldnt think.
zitro

Post by zitro »

DavidB1000 wrote: To zitro. Even if you computer is new, it's still possible that the Graphics card can foul up. :) RROD may affect only the X-Box 360, buy crappy hardware is everywhere. Can you run Crysis on that laptop? Because if you can't, it's not really a new computer. :) That's how computers have advanced.
my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M graphics: it's shared, so it takes up RAM memory if there's a lot to process.

and no, there's no way I could run that game (I checked the system req.) I don't understand how the video has anything to do with it tho. I'm very familiar with the early levels of plutonia and I would notice if a wall doesn't appear.

PS: lvl 6-7 showed no problems.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Ah, well, zitro, this is where I leave you in the hands of the experts. I just wanted you to tell me more about the computer you have. Now that you have, I must step aside and wait for you to receive better help. :)

To Nova, please, download it again from Id Games archive and then tell me if it still has it. If it still has it, you broke it somehow, :) , because that still doesn't make sense. I'm sorry, but it makes no sense that all you see is a sign like that.
Ichor, do you have any idea? DBThanatos? Anyone?

What is the date on the AV.wad file? Mine is 12/24/2002. Test the level's monster count again when you redownload it from the archives. Hmm, well, maybe it's possible that your computer is messing with you. :) I have no idea how it became more powerful than SHODAN, but still.
Like I said, it's still possible the AV.wad file got corrupted. Nothing else makes sense.
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

Lol i think its my computer messing with me because I re-downloaded everything and it all seemed the same, the sign, the monster count and everything. I guess its maybe just a corruption or something cause I can't think of anything else. Thanks for the help though everyone! :)
Arch-Valentine

Post by Arch-Valentine »

Anyone else find the QSG? The secondary fire is friggin sweet! It's like a black hole that does continuous damage to monsters, I used it on a giant Heresy Lord and he lasted a few seconds against it. I dun know bout this 4.21, but I'm getting way more variety in weapon/monster spawns.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”