DuduKrazy's Guns III [IT'S OVER!]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tubers

Re: [WIP]DuduKrazy's Guns III

Post by Tubers »

*Still waits for the final release at doomworld* (_)3
Eisenfaust1986

Post by Eisenfaust1986 »

The wait will be worthwhile though. After all, sometimes a little more time is needed to get this thing as well-done as possible before the big "release candidate" announcement. I'm sure Dudu would agree with me wholeheartedly... :wink:
Duducrazy

Post by Duducrazy »

Eisenfaust1986 wrote: EDIT: One bug that needs fixing. When I use automap mode, if I change to a weapon that uses a different ammo type than the current one, the display does not properly update. So, for example:

If my initial weapon was the dual pistols with 355 ammo units (with automap on), I switch to the combat shotgun with 50 ammo units (with the automap still on) and the 355 is still displayed on the ammo portion of the HUD instead of the 50 that was supposed to appear.
i can't see anything about what you're talking about. are you using ZDoom?
EDIT 2: Possible major exploit, here. When the player switches back out of the combat vehicle, his health and armor get reverted back to 100 and zero resepectively regardless of previous status (these should be the previous health and armor values [before the character switched into the vehicle mode], instead).
i read the zdoom wiki and looks like there's nothing about a flag for retaining a previous health and armor status for a given class. looks like i'll have to talk to MartinHowe again.
Eisenfaust1986

Post by Eisenfaust1986 »

Duducrazy wrote: i can't see anything about what you're talking about. are you using ZDoom?
I am using GzDoom r164M from the SVN Repository (which I think is the right version).

Duducrazy wrote:i read the zdoom wiki and looks like there's nothing about a flag for retaining a previous health and armor status for a given class. looks like i'll have to talk to MartinHowe again.
Let's hope you can find at least a somewhat nice solution to this possible exploit, as it would be a real shame to lose the "squad car powerup" option altogether (in case this hasn't already been made clear, a player could refill his health repeatedly "ad infinitum" by jumping in and out of the assault vehicle). Let me just say that there are some rather studious reviewers on the "Doomworld newstuff team" who are likely gonna notice this glitch in their testing/reviewing procedures if the beta version were to be made into a release candidate as is.

EDIT: Not to sound like a "stick-in-the-mud", but I am offering reports of such occurances with the mod and it's implementation to (hopefully) make sure that it reaches [the ballpark of] gold-medal status when it goes out of the beta phase (which is pretty much the reason anybody would hand out a public beta to begin with.

EDIT 2: I've just recently updated to the latest GzDoom SVN release (r168) and I am still seeing the bug with the fullscreen HUD. Here's what I mean (I switched from the pulse rifle to this weapon while using the map overlay):

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll12 ... theHUD.png
Duducrazy

Post by Duducrazy »

as for the automap bug, how do i solve it?
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

I'm not sure that's a bug on your part, but a bug with the status bar code.
Eisenfaust1986

Post by Eisenfaust1986 »

If you mean the code with GzDoom's status bar system, then I doubt it. I tried the same action using the automap with the Diaz mod, Zero Tolerance, and Doom Enhanced among others and the HUD properly updated in all those cases.
Duducrazy

Post by Duducrazy »

Updates:

- Fixed a bug with the kunai (thanks, Doomrater)

- Added "CompleteBorder true" in SBARINFO. Now, when switching to the automap while using the helmet HUD, the green marble flat texture will appear at the bottom of the screen. Same goes for the overlay map.

Now i need to find a way to contact MartinHowe about the class switch health/armor exploit.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Duducrazy wrote:Now i need to find a way to contact MartinHowe about the class switch health/armor exploit.
I did reply to your PM; however, I can't see an obvious reason for this effect. My dev machine is currently being reconfigured so there's nothing I can do about it myself at the moment; please report this in the Bugs forum so it doesn't get forgotten.
Duducrazy

Post by Duducrazy »

Updates:

- AFAIK, the health and armor exploit isn't a bug. i must have missed something important. i made a new script that checks for the health and armor status before morphing but it doesn't seem to work as i expected.

The switchable player class thing is getting much more problematic as i thought. To me, it's a very original idea and i don't want to scrap it again.
Duducrazy

Post by Duducrazy »

Updates:

- Finally, the health exploit bug is over! With some professional help, i managed to compile a script and put an end to this bug. Unfortunately, the armor still goes back to zero when switching classes. at least, the hardest part is gone. Looks like Graf Zahl said something about making a custom inventory to replace both armor types.
Eisenfaust1986

Post by Eisenfaust1986 »

Is the fixed class-switch script in the latest version? I playtested the mod and I don't seem to notice any difference from the previous version.
Duducrazy

Post by Duducrazy »

ok, new beta version is out. check first page for details.
Duducrazy

Post by Duducrazy »

After yet another hiatus, i decided to resume the work on the mod.

Updates:

- I decided to scrap the player class system. It was getting hard to find a way to fix the remaining issues. I uploaded a file on /idgames with the dropped resources.

I also noticed a weird bug regarding the mines. Even though the sounds appear to be defined, they still don't play any sound upon exploding.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Just a blind tweak..
Make another SNDINFO lump and put the sound definition in that one. Try it. (I often had troubles where my sounds just didn't want to work when I had an unknown certain amount of definitions in there, so I had to define separate SNDINFO lumps.)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”