Hud camera screen?

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Played it. Had some bugs, yet some ideas were uber-interesting. I enjoyed the stil operable cannon (how?...) I found the Duke Nukem Pipe Bombs to be very useful weapons. All in all a very cool mod. Convinces me that You are a powerful coder. I was thinking of a coder for our project-RONE-are You interested?
I'm eagerly awaiting the next new stuff You can hack into Zdoom.
Grubber

Post by Grubber »

Nmn wrote:You are a powerful coder
Thanks! Anyway, I am more powerful now, this mod is very old (I've updated it to 1.23b33 some time ago), e.g. the pipebombs isn't coded the way I can do it now and multiplayer doesn't work.

RONE: Yes, I am interested! The screenshots look great!

GrbDoom TIP: Setup Heavy weapon dude in monster setup to fire rocket spread and then summon him on big area (e.g. shotgun secret on map01). If you'll live for more than 5 seconds, tell me :-).
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Grubber wrote: RONE: Yes, I am interested! The screenshots look great!
I'll tell Ellmo. Let's get down to business. Rone will probably use a lot of new features (the changeable playersprite via ACS is almost a must-have for us) and I was thinking that someone who could code us new things into Zdoom would make project much better. Interested? Take the place among the righteous, join us.

One more thing-is it possible to have the view stretched vertically, then back again, then horizontally - You know, kind of a stretching effect when You're underwater.
Grubber

Post by Grubber »

Yeah, I can do it, it's easy.
Chilvence

Post by Chilvence »

Why would you want that effect? When you're underwater, everything is dead still just like it is when you arent. Unless youre making a shroom mode :D
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Chilvence wrote:Unless youre making a shroom mode :D
Come to think of it it could be useful for Berserk patch-when You take the uber adrenaline and strentgh drugs the player goes wicked and his view flashes with many colours. That would be an interesting feature. Anyway, I remember in Q2 (PSX Version I presume) when You entered the water Your view was stretched. Looked realistic, because once You enter the water with bare eyes Your view is blurred and there's a chance of a loss of perspective.

Grubber, I'm eagerly awaiting what You can come up with, with hacking new stuff into Zdoom. Once You're satisfied with what You'll create drop me the engine on Sonybono@interia.pl. Perhaps our efforts in making a stand alone engine for our project will pay off.
Chilvence

Post by Chilvence »

Hmm, but its not really realistic, its a false effect. Even in seawater you can see quite clearly with your naked eye, its just foggy and blurred.

Mind you, the effect used in quake+quake 2 really was overkill, if you do it in a more subtle way it could look nice.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

Nmn wrote:...and his view flashes with many colours...
Please, no flashing! Or at least not 10 Hz strobing, it's annoying and bad for your eyes.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

cccp_leha wrote: Please, no flashing! Or at least not 10 Hz strobing, it's annoying and bad for your eyes.
Actually I was planning not flashing or strobing, but rather slowly panning on the screen in multiple directions, giving a fading, melting effect.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Sounds funky. :P
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Nmn: You mean like the berserk effect from the original System Shock, except smoother? Oooh...I want to see that!
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

wildweasel wrote:Nmn: You mean like the berserk effect from the original System Shock, except smoother?
EXACTLY :D
EDIT: Grubber, what can You say about that?
Grubber

Post by Grubber »

OK.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”